Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought Perine Cost Us The Game......
I thought this is why you don’t try to make Giovani Bernard take a pay cut hoping to save $2M when you’re already over $20M under the salary cap.

Actually, that was the second thing I thought. The first thing I thought was, “MFerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!”
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought this is why you don’t try to make Giovani Bernard take a pay cut hoping to save $2M when you’re already over $20M under the salary cap.

Actually, that was the second thing I thought. The first thing I thought was, “MFerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!”

lol..... exactly.

We've never really valued players like that who can just do things we need but aren't really big time players.

We need to pay role players like Gio when they're great at performing their role.

Hell, Hill never would have had a chance to fumble if Gio hadn't gotten hurt because Gio would have played his ROLE and sealed the game.
Reply/Quote
That was a terrible call.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that thought it was more a bad pass than Perine "letting it go through his hands"? Seemed like he only got one hand on it and pass was a little too far out?
Reply/Quote
I think that was one of those plays that wouldn't have been overturned either way. If it had been called incomplete on the field, I think it would have remained incomplete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought the CBS cameraman might have lost us the game because he couldn't keep the ball in frame. I have no doubt that it would have shown that the ball touched the ground before it was caught. The nose of the ball left a foot long divot where the player scooped it up.
Reply/Quote
Perine needs to catch that. It’s that simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:01 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Am I the only one that thought it was more a bad pass than Perine "letting it go through his hands"? Seemed like he only got one hand on it and pass was a little too far out?
Bad pass or not, when it's in the flats, at that moment, you either catch it or knock it down. You can't give anyone else the chance to catch it.

And it wasn't a great pass but it wasn't too bad. He can't let it go through his hands like that.
(01-25-2022, 01:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Perine needs to catch that.  It’s that simple.

EXACTLY. 

Or, at worst, you knock it down.
Reply/Quote
Looking at it again, Perine had to fully extend his arm and it hit just his fingers, not his palm. So it was a really tough catch. Still can't say whether that was a bad throw because he may have taken the wrong angle for the route.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Free Chris Evans.

This. Evans the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:02 PM)Roland Wrote: Looking at it again, Perine had to fully extend his arm and it hit just his fingers, not his palm. So it was a really tough catch. Still can't say whether that was a bad throw because he may have taken the wrong angle for the route.

Not a real tough catch. At all.
Reply/Quote