Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Won't Pay Amazon For Thursday Night Football
and I won't stay up from Midnight to 4 in Morning to watch the Replay on NFL Network.

If they ever get to where you have to pay to watch NFL, I will stop watching NFL. This includes The Super Bowl that has been considered Pay Per View over the years. For many decades NFL was put on TV and they make a ton of money on TV Commercials.

Now Thursday Night Football is SUPPOSE to be on regular TV in local areas of the teams playing. We will quickly find out with Bengals vs Miami game next week. I will NOT pay Amazon to watch the game. As far as I'm concerned, Amazon and The NFL just ruined Thursday Night Football.

Now if you live in LA, the NFL Network Replay would be 9 PM which is great for them. Here on the East Coast it is Midnight. I might make ONE EXCEPTION ONLY. If the Bengals are NOT shown Local at game time on a regular channel, THE BENGALS I will stay up and watch from Midnight to 3 or 4 on NFL Network. I will not Pay Amazon to stream it. People who do should not complain about The Economy, because clearly they have money to throw away watching Pay Per View NFL.

Money wise, this also makes NFL Network a thing to drop in my cable package. If they are not going to have the rights to Thursday Night Football anymore, and it is now Amazon, then the next time I have to decide which channels to keep in a cable price raise, NFL Network without Thursday Night while game is playing becomes a channel to dump.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 02:44 PM)kevin Wrote: and I won't stay up from Midnight to 4 in Morning to watch the Replay on NFL Network.

If they ever get to where you have to pay to watch NFL, I will stop watching NFL. This includes The Super Bowl that has been considered Pay Per View over the years. For many decades NFL was put on TV and they make a ton of money on TV Commercials.

Now Thursday Night Football is SUPPOSE to be on regular TV in local areas of the teams playing. We will quickly find out with Bengals vs Miami game next week. I will NOT pay Amazon to watch the game. As far as I'm concerned, Amazon and The NFL just ruined Thursday Night Football.

Now if you live in LA, the NFL Network Replay would be 9 PM which is great for them. Here on the East Coast it is Midnight. I might make ONE EXCEPTION ONLY. If the Bengals are NOT shown Local at game time on a regular channel, THE BENGALS I will stay up and watch from Midnight to 3 or 4 on NFL Network. I will not Pay Amazon to stream it. People who do should not complain about The Economy, because clearly they have money to throw away watching Pay Per View NFL.

Money wise, this also makes NFL Network a thing to drop in my cable package. If they are not going to have the rights to Thursday Night Football anymore, and it is now Amazon, then the next time I have to decide which channels to keep in a cable price raise, NFL Network without Thursday Night while game is playing becomes a channel to dump.

Is it not on in the local market like last year? I love 8n Dayton, but I can pick up channel 5 outta Cincinnati. Watched the Thursday night game last year. Also you can do the free trial of NFL Plus for 7 days and just cancel it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The game will be on local tv or if all else fails Amazon Prime has a 30 day free trial

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 02:44 PM)kevin Wrote: and I won't stay up from Midnight to 4 in Morning to watch the Replay on NFL Network.

You're clearly not a Prime member.

Join the rest of the civilized world and enroll in Prime, which includes Prime Video as one of it's components.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're clearly not a Prime member.

Join the rest of the civilized world and enroll in Prime, which includes Prime Video as one of it's components.

No kidding.  Prime is cheap and it makes it so you almost never have to go to the store again.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're clearly not a Prime member.

I grew up with NFL on CBS and AFL on NBC.  NFL has been on CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX for free since 1950's.  The NFL makes a ton of money on commercials.    I was never happy about The NFL on things like ESPN or NFL Network.   I am even more against Thursday Night Football now controlled by Amazon or as you call it Prime.   If they ever take The NFL off stations like CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, I will stop watching NFL.   I grew up with all you had to do was plug in a TV and watch the games for free.  I am almost 70, and I do not go for this Future World where everything is turning Pay Per View.  There is very little NBA or MLB on Free TV and if NFL goes the same route, American Sports will have gone in the wrong direction for me in my lifetime.  I use to like The Dayton Flyers college basketball, but it use to be on Free on WHIO TV in Dayton, but that was ruined by Pay TV.   This may be the new and accepted sports of everything PAY TV, but I don't have to accept it.  So I don't watch Dayton Flyers as I use to.  If I ever have to pay to watch Bengals, I probably won't, and many seasons Bengals weren't worth paying to watch.  I would have thought Sports was making enough money on TV Commercials who wanted their products advertised on regular free TV to reach a larger consumer base.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 02:18 AM)kevin Wrote: I grew up with NFL on CBS and AFL on NBC.  NFL has been on CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX for free since 1950's.  The NFL makes a ton of money on commercials.    I was never happy about The NFL on things like ESPN or NFL Network.   I am even more against Thursday Night Football now controlled by Amazon or as you call it Prime.   If they ever take The NFL off stations like CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, I will stop watching NFL.   I grew up with all you had to do was plug in a TV and watch the games for free.  I am almost 70, and I do not go for this Future World where everything is turning Pay Per View.  There is very little NBA or MLB on Free TV and if NFL goes the same route, American Sports will have gone in the wrong direction for me in my lifetime.  I use to like The Dayton Flyers college basketball, but it use to be on Free on WHIO TV in Dayton, but that was ruined by Pay TV.   This may be the new and accepted sports of everything PAY TV, but I don't have to accept it.  So I don't watch Dayton Flyers as I use to.  If I ever have to pay to watch Bengals, I probably won't, and many seasons Bengals weren't worth paying to watch.  I would have thought Sports was making enough money on TV Commercials who wanted their products advertised on regular free TV to reach a larger consumer base.

There's no such thing as making "enough" money.  Even if people love your product and you're making a shitload of money, there is always more to be made.  And if you have to squeeze blood out of a stone and push many of the average fans out of the picture to grab one more dollar, so be it.  

I empathize with your opinion.  The situation with the NHL sounds similar to the NBA/MLB.  There are damn few games on free tv until the playoffs start, so we have Bally's so I can see most Blue Jackets games.  But now hockey is migrating to ESPN+ and there are less Blue Jackets games on cable than there used to be.  

Fortunately, my wife subscribed to Prime some years back or I'd never have seen it.  She was actually debating getting rid of it a few months back, but I asked her to keep it since the NFL (and Bengals for one week) would be on it.  We can't get Cincinnati stations, so without Prime I would be out of luck this Thursday or searching for some shitty stream to watch.  In addition to the newly acquired NFL, they do have some decent, buzzworthy shows.  But, it's our only streaming service and we continue to have cable.  

I anticipate the NFL will remain on free tv for some time.  It was easier to move the other leagues to cable/streaming because they don't have the eyeballs the NFL has, so you have to soak the few who do show up.  It's not a good trend, to be sure.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

If they ever get to where you have to pay to watch NFL, I will stop watching NFL.  This includes The Super Bowl that has been considered Pay Per View over the years.  For many decades NFL was put on TV and they make a ton of money on TV Commercials.  

Now Thursday Night Football is SUPPOSE to be on regular TV in local areas of the teams playing.  We will quickly find out with Bengals vs Miami game next week.  I will NOT pay Amazon to watch the game.  As far as I'm concerned, Amazon and The NFL just ruined Thursday Night Football.  

Now if you live in LA, the NFL Network Replay would be 9 PM which is great for them.  Here on the East Coast it is Midnight.  I might make ONE EXCEPTION ONLY.  If the Bengals are NOT shown Local at game time on a regular channel, THE BENGALS I will stay up and watch from Midnight to 3 or 4 on NFL Network.  I will not Pay Amazon to stream it.   People who do should not complain about The Economy, because clearly they have money to throw away watching Pay Per View NFL.

Money wise, this also makes NFL Network a thing to drop in my cable package.  If they are not going to have the rights to Thursday Night Football anymore, and it is now Amazon,  then the next time I have to decide which channels to keep in a cable price raise,  NFL Network without Thursday Night while game is playing becomes a channel to dump.

Doesnt everyone or their Wife have Amazon Prime now?     

I agree i think it should be on regular TV but thats the nature of business and the highest bidder.
Reply/Quote
For real..... why would anyone not have Amazon Prime? Next day delivery, free shipping, no going to the store and standing in line waiting to scan your own items to check out. Plus, free movies and the ability to rent movies while they are in the theater. Being sa Prime member pays for itself in gas savings alone. I even have my coffee K-Cups delivered now.
Reply/Quote
Free enterprise..The NFL isn't a public utility and even those you have to pay for.. It's a FOR PROFIT business. Remember that term? For profit?  Just to jog your memory it's a company or enterprise formed to specifically make a profit..
If it makes you feel any better I remember feeling really pissed about having to pay 75 cents for a pack of cigarettes out of a cigarette vending machine. Don't tell anyone, but I was so pissed I broke the glass in the front of the machine. Yes..I was a v-v-vandal!  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
For me, the free shipping and next-day delivery save me $50-$60 in shipping costs per year buying essentials. Prime Video has a wider array of stuff than Netflix, and the ultimate benefit is being able to watch Thursday night's game. It is just too difficult to stream feeds anymore and my TVs don't get the CBS affiliate in Cape Girardeau.

Although, I can understand the OP's frustration at being forced to subscribe to different networks to watch games. It was a little easier in the analog rabbit ears days when NBC televised the AFC, CBS carried the NFC, and it was ABC for Monday night.
Reply/Quote
I love having Amazon Prime myself. Can watch all kinds of stuff and to watch the Bengals tomorrow night play the
Fins in the new white helmets with black stripes is going to be a blast. It is worth the extra dough even if I sympathize
with the OP about free football. It is kind of bogus it isn't on the main channels, I agree with that.

What I get pissed about is having to pay for woke espn. I refuse to do this. Sometimes ABC has the same games espn
has anyways though so it is all good most of the time, so I don't have to pay those buggers anything.
Reply/Quote
"56 orders placed in the last 3 months"

Is that normal?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It’s worth it if you like watching football from a bird eye view. I thoroughly enjoyed the Amazon broadcast
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I won't subscribe to Amazon Prime either. Luckily, the Bengals game was aired on a local station. I just follow the games on my phone with the ESPN app gamecast. Yes, it is not like watching it. But, I can follow the plays and score.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Amazon Prime also comes with a TON of movies and tv shows to watch so paying for it isn't limited to just getting to watch Thursday night football.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "56 orders placed in the last 3 months"

Is that normal?

I had surveillance cameras delivered from Amazon prime to watch all the packages delivered by Amazon prime.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:38 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s worth it if you like watching football from a bird eye view. I thoroughly enjoyed the Amazon broadcast

Hey Housh,

How are you seeing the game from a bird eye view. You are not the first to mention this. 
I watched a few games on Prime from my "Smart TV" and I did not see that view?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:34 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hey Housh,

How are you seeing the game from a bird eye view. You are not the first to mention this. 
I watched a few games on Prime from my "Smart TV" and I did not see that view?

Experience alternate streams

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21436610011

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I feel like I should request that Amazon pay me for tricking me into watching the Colts vs Broncos game. It’s potentially one of the most boring NFL games I’ve ever seen.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote