Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Won't Pay Amazon For Thursday Night Football
(10-14-2022, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A lot of people already had Amazon membership for the quick free shipping. In that case it's just a free addition to something you were already paying for.

No I meant Amazon themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 02:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: No I meant Amazon themselves.

Ah, okay.. Lol

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/thursday-night-football-draws-record-prime-subscriptions-for-amazon-11664558411
Quote:
  • The game brought in more Prime sign-ups over a three-hour period than any other day — including Cyber Monday, Black Friday, and Prime Day.
I think it's their second step towards getting even more football games. They initially got just a couple games, now they have all of Thursday Night Football. I think they eventually want to buy the entire NFL season broadcast rights.

They also get a bit of their money back from the TV companies who paid to get to be allowed to broadcast the games in bars and restaurants. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ah, okay.. Lol

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/thursday-night-football-draws-record-prime-subscriptions-for-amazon-11664558411
I think it's their second step towards getting even more football games. They initially got just a couple games, now they have all of Thursday Night Football. I think they eventually want to buy the entire NFL season broadcast rights.

They also get a bit of their money back from the TV companies who paid to get to be allowed to broadcast the games in bars and restaurants. 

The real test for Amazon is to see how many of those new sign ups for the Sep 15 game between the Chargers and Chiefs remain members after their 30 day free trial is up. It’s a pretty pathetic schedule going further so unless you are a fan of a team with an upcoming game not much incentive to keep paying if all you do is use Prime for football.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 07:43 AM)pally Wrote: The real test for Amazon is to see how many of those new sign ups for the Sep 15 game between the Chargers and Chiefs remain members after their 30 day free trial is up. It’s a pretty pathetic schedule going further so unless you are a fan of a team with an upcoming game not much incentive to keep paying if all you do is use Prime for football.

True. I think most subscriptions rely on people being too lazy/forgetting to unsubscribe.

They do have a Thanksgiving Day game, though. Would you rather pay to watch bad football or talk to your Dad/Grandpa/Aunt about Trump 2024? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 10:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: True. I think most subscriptions rely on people being too lazy/forgetting to unsubscribe.

They do have a Thanksgiving Day game, though. Would you rather pay to watch bad football or talk to your Dad/Grandpa/Aunt about Trump 2024?  Ninja

Looks like that night it reverts back to NBC for Pats at Vikes.  Looks like a decent set of games that day, with NYG at Dallas.  Even Buffalo at Detroit should be entertaining.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote