Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I admit I was wrong and will eat my crow
(01-03-2022, 01:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I will take four helpings of crow.

One for Team Sewell. One for fire Zac. And ine for fire Lou. Heck, and some for desert for fire Duke.  

It tastes like chicken.

Still, gotta fix the OL this year.

I'll take 3....I wanted Sewell, and even though I was cool with Chase, I had NO IDEA the kid would come out like Randy Moss. I wasn't as keen on firing Zac as most, but I was definitely skeptical of Lou, and thinking Duke had lost it. 

Absolutely gotta fix that oline, and we can. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to know what YOU think the purpose of the Game Day thread is. Is it a place to discuss the game and support our team, or is it a place to immediately start  Cry Cry Cry and see who can be the first to say the team has no chance, and to try to make everyone who is rooting for the team so miserable no one can enjoy the thread?

I will say that for me out in here in CA the GD thread is a place to “watch” the game with other Bengals fans. I also think it’s a good place to vent and share your play to play emotions throughout the game. I post plenty of stupid, emotional- reaction crap in that thread but it’s the same thing I might say to a fellow fan if I were watching the game with him/her.

I appreciate the “downers” in that thread keeping it real but I also admire the “homers” who are able to stay positive even when the game looks bad for the Bengals. I like reading the different reactions and emotions so I don’t hold anything against anyone either way in that thread. Just fun to vent or celebrate plays with other Bengals fans - that’s what the GD thread is for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exhibit A....look how Urban handled Sunshine. Sure, Trevor had some things to work on, but he hasn't gotten any better. As Au mentioned, he's actually regressed.

It's pretty rare for there to be improvement from a head coach to the interim guy. Sure you get the one win emotional boost sometimes (more likely the law of averages coming into play) but a long term improvement is super rare.

NFL rosters are built in the offseason. Then you have camp where they implement the playbook and scheme. Once the season is rolling, you won't see a team just totally change the scheme, add a little here and there sure but it is extremely hard to just hit reset mid year. A broken team is usually just broken then add in a new coach that isn't going to have the in game experience and it is a recipe for disaster with a rookie QB. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I was wrong about Chase in that I didn't think he'd come in and dominate at this level. I wasn't wrong about our desperate need for oline help, and I'm not sorry for my opinion. I've always try to treat everyone with respect, even when we strongly disagree.

That said, if I had a re-do, I would've left this board entirely from Feb-April.

I feel like several relationships were permanently damaged by this debate. People I considered friends on here act kinda different now. I guess I picked the wrong side, and I will pay for that.

This was the Hatfield's vs McCoy's of this board, I swear.

Anyways, I was also wrong to throw in the towel on Zac and Lou. This was a long rebuild, and I should've seen that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was wrong about Chase in that I didn't think he'd come in and dominate at this level. I wasn't wrong about our desperate need for oline help, and I'm not sorry for my opinion. I've always try to treat everyone with respect, even when we strongly disagree.

That said, if I had a re-do, I would've left this board entirely from Feb-April.

I feel like several relationships were permanently damaged by this debate. People I considered friends on here act kinda different now. I guess I picked the wrong side, and I will pay for that.

This was the Hatfield's vs McCoy's of this board, I swear.

Winning heals a lot of wounds Shake....

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exhibit A....look how Urban handled Sunshine. Sure, Trevor had some things to work on, but he hasn't gotten any better. As Au mentioned, he's actually regressed.
Hey, urban was just doing the zac method and suckjng so he could make obvious picks in the draft and then start winning!!  They didn't believe in the process@! Lol...

I didn't know urban was such a basket case behind closed doors.  Without a college program to hide what a doosh he is his coaching style is a miserable failure.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

The Bill Bellicheck of college ball couldn't hack it in the NFL either, although he wasn't nearly the grease fire Urban was, he still tapped out.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Winning heals a lot of wounds Shake....

All will be forgotten if we win this ring, and I think it's possible.

When I run the playoff machine, I have us facing the Patriots. If all the WC home teams win, we'd face the Titans in the semi. Then possibly KC in the AFC title. Then GB in the Super Bowl.

I view all those games as winnable, but I'm getting way ahead of myself. Very exciting times.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All will be forgotten if we win this ring, and I think it's possible.

When I run the playoff machine, I have us facing the Patriots. If all the WC home teams win, we'd face the Titans in the semi. Then possibly KC in the AFC title. Then GB in the Super Bowl.

I view all those games as winnable, but I'm getting way ahead of myself. Very exciting times.

Exciting indeed. I think that the thing that might keep them from making a serious run is the level of experience of the staff and some players. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All will be forgotten if we win this ring, and I think it's possible.

Pats vs Bengals with ORoY on the line?

In all seriousness, I would dread that match-up. The Hoodie vs Taylor in his first playoff game just makes me super nervous.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's so easy to get under their skin there, it's like their brain has a wall. 

Here is how carolina bengal fan guy (a non participant, mind you) wants the thread to go:
WE CAN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thread

What do you think the purpose of a gameday thread is? Lol.

As for zac, it's all joe burrow. If you want to give him credit for forming this talented team, OK, he must have had a hand in it. Burrow changes teams, put Dalton back on our team and see what our record is. Take Chase away who won us 4-5 games, do the math.

Progress is good, for a team that hasn't won much in decades. For teams like the chiefs they're complaining about having to play in a wild card game lol. Someday we'll be there, you know, where 2nd place is the first loser. Thankfully we have Burrow guiding the team in that respect.

The coach should take the blame on losses and deal credit on wins, but maybe he's realized our identity is with Burrow not with Mixon. Him listening to his players and staff and making decisions based on that contribute to him becoming a better coach.

You're not even close bro.  You're talking about lockerroom shit like you have a clue and you don't dude.

If you think a bad coach wouldn't have ****** this up idk what league you been watching.

If you think a bum can win a division on this league with a team this young....again, I'm speechless.  How you arrive at that conclusion is a mystery to anyone not as convinced of your genius as you are.  And trust me, you're on an island there bud.

Im still all for firing taylor supposing he don't get it done in the playoffs within 2 or 3 years.

For now,  the dude is getting some we earned props.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Pats vs Bengals with ORoY on the line?

In all seriousness, I would dread that match-up. The Hoodie vs Taylor in his first playoff game just makes me super nervous.

Yeah it concerns me from a coaching perspective. Not so much that I'm worried about Taylor (he just handled Andy Reid, Harbaugh, Tomlin, etc). I just have a ton of respect for Hoodie and his team of spies.

I mean, separately they're not very impressive, but together they make a formidable group.

We out-talent those guys by a wide margin. Just need to beef up security at practice.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Zac Taylor fired and I was SUPER vocal about it.

Fire away.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Pats vs Bengals with ORoY on the line?

If the playoffs started today, they'd host the Colts, then if they win that, on to KC. I'd rather travel to Tenn than KC but as they say, beggars can't be choosers.

Of course...if the Chargers had to go to KC in rd1, there's always the possibility of an upset. In that case, the Bengals would host the Chargers in rd 2. I like that thought. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If the playoffs started today, they'd host the Colts, then if they win that, on to KC. I'd rather travel to Tenn than KC but as they say, beggars can't be choosers.

Of course...if the Chargers had to go to KC in rd1, there's always the possibility of an upset. In that case, the Bengals would host the Chargers in rd 2. I like that thought. 

Your scenario would be optimal, no doubt.

Reply/Quote
I'mma drop this little nugget in here

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im owning up to it. I was wrong you and a handful
Of guys that stood behind Zac Taylor were right
He looks to be the right man to turn.this franchise
Around. Im here to say you guys knew what you were
Talking.about. Please accept my sincere apologies
If I said anything insulting or personal to you regarding
Your stance on Zac

I appreciate the post. It is all good with me. We all want the same thing.

Now let's get through these playoffs and win me some more money!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'mma drop this little nugget in here

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

On the broadcast I watched, the announcers were calling it genius. They said we weren't even trying to score on the first couple plays. We gave half effort just to keep the clock moving.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to know what YOU think the purpose of the Game Day thread is. Is it a place to discuss the game and support our team, or is it a place to immediately start  Cry Cry Cry and see who can be the first to say the team has no chance, and to try to make everyone who is rooting for the team so miserable no one can enjoy the thread?

I would personally say that it's a thread for real-time reaction to what is happening.
As such, you expect to see a wide range of emotions and thoughts from people as the game is progressing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On the broadcast I watched, the announcers were calling it genius. They said we weren't even trying to score on the first couple plays. We gave half effort just to keep the clock moving.

Boomer and Cowher echoed that sentiment. There's also an article out there about the Chiefs making the wrong call to try the goal line stand...they argue they should've let us score.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im owning up to it. I was wrong you and a handful
Of guys that stood behind Zac Taylor were right
He looks to be the right man to turn.this franchise
Around. Im here to say you guys knew what you were
Talking.about. Please accept my sincere apologies
If I said anything insulting or personal to you regarding
Your stance on Zac

Hoping hes can be this consistant going forward.. But will need to see more than 1 Successful season before i proclaim him the man
Reply/Quote