Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I admit I was wrong and will eat my crow
(01-02-2022, 11:00 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'm not a hater, just the facts.  IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.

You can't spew facts around here man. It's dangerous to their brains! Protect the majority of the fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:56 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He needs to be giving out apologies after all that acting out in Gameday.

(01-03-2022, 12:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Who, Reub? Surely you jest.... LMAO

It's so easy to get under their skin there, it's like their brain has a wall. 

Here is how carolina bengal fan guy (a non participant, mind you) wants the thread to go:
WE CAN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thread

What do you think the purpose of a gameday thread is? Lol.

As for zac, it's all joe burrow. If you want to give him credit for forming this talented team, OK, he must have had a hand in it. Burrow changes teams, put Dalton back on our team and see what our record is. Take Chase away who won us 4-5 games, do the math.

Progress is good, for a team that hasn't won much in decades. For teams like the chiefs they're complaining about having to play in a wild card game lol. Someday we'll be there, you know, where 2nd place is the first loser. Thankfully we have Burrow guiding the team in that respect.

The coach should take the blame on losses and deal credit on wins, but maybe he's realized our identity is with Burrow not with Mixon. Him listening to his players and staff and making decisions based on that contribute to him becoming a better coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's so easy to get under their skin there, it's like their brain has a wall. 

Here is how carolina bengal fan guy (a non participant, mind you) wants the thread to go:

/thread

As for zac, it's all joe burrow. If you want to give him credit for forming this talented team, OK, he must have had a hand in it. Burrow changes teams, put Dalton back on our team and see what our record is. Take Chase away who won us 4-5 games, do the math.

Progress is good, for a team that hasn't won much in decades. For teams like the chiefs they're complaining about having to play in a wild card game lol. Someday we'll be there, you know, where 2nd place is the first loser. Thankfully we have Burrow guiding the team in that respect.

The coach should take the blame on losses and deal credit on wins, but maybe he's realized our identity is with Burrow not with Mixon. Him listening to his players and staff and making decisions based on that contribute to him becoming a better coach.

Your opinion is duly noted, but hardly infallible, none of ours is. The fact that the players like him and go to bat for him, and Cowher and Boomer both acknowledged going for it on fourth was the right call, tells me he is better than he gets credit for.

....and ya might wanna omit one of your sentences there, ya kinda admitted to trolling people.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rank Thread
Get a room already
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:
It's so easy to get under their skin there, it's like their brain has a wall. 

/thread

Kind of an odd way to hang out on a message board. BFFs with toasty with the approach?
Reply/Quote
I apologize for posting this as I am sure many do not care. However, I wanted to do as I said I would and take my lumps for being wrong.

I was in the fire Zac and Lou camp after last season. I am probably still too critical of Zac's play calling at times, but he is a better head coach than I gave him credit for. He has built a really good culture, got the players to buy in, and they love playing for him. Lou did a much better job with the defense this year. Adding talent certainly helped, but adding talent would help any DC. I was wrong about Lou as well. For the cherry on top, I said this team wouldn't win more than 6 games this season. I have never been so happy to be proven wrong in all 3 instances. Obviously there is credit to go around, but the players that they have been drafting and bringing in are really solid.

The core is still very young and the future is looking very bright. I cannot tell you how great it would be to finally win a playoff game this year and I really believe Zac and this team can do it. While I may be critical of Zac occasionally, I completely admit that he is better than I gave him credit for. He is growing and getting better each season. Not that they will ever see this, but I am sorry Zac and Lou. Thank you for proving me wrong.

It's awesome to see where this team is at and the future that could be ahead of them. I've always been a fan and always will be. Next time I will try to take a much better wait and see approach instead of being caught up in instant gratification. Congrats to our AFCN Champs! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
There is plenty of crow to go around, more than enough for everybody! We can all feast this new year. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad I'm not one of the "few" anymore , but none of that matters. What matters is where we are now! Let's take an example from our favorite team on culture and just simply acknowledge we've got something special and we get to enjoy what I expect will be YEARS of good football.

But it doesn't stop there..... this will change the entire trajectory of this small market team. Hopefully that word (b*ngles... I can't even say it) gets banished for all time.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 09:13 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Your opinion is duly noted, but hardly infallible, none of ours is. The fact that the players like him and go to bat for him, and Cowher and Boomer both acknowledged going for it on fourth was the right call, tells me he is better than he gets credit for.

....and ya might wanna omit one of your sentences there, ya kinda admitted to trolling people.

Hell yes you go for it on 4th down right there. Zac has done it all year long, and it works out 63% of the time. I saw the look on Travis Kelce's face, and I wanted no part of him or Mahomes back on the field. Right call, it worked out, and we won. Sure... I sweated every second of that down near the goa line. When Mixon was struggling to make it, I thought I may burst my aorta.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's so easy to get under their skin there, it's like their brain has a wall. 

/thread

This is a perfect example of why ZT can't win with some folks.  His first year, he had a pretty toxic team, it's his fault.  He made some great updates in year two, no one could've made all that was needed, but it's his fault.  This year, he puts even more of himself (his vision) into the team and they win, but it's because of the players now.  Definitely wasn't the players when they were losing.  nope.  that was ZT. 

Right?   
Reply/Quote
This place is funny.
Reply/Quote
My expectation this year was a team around .500 that could maybe sneak into a WC.
I had no expectation that they could win the division, as I thought the Ravens and Browns both would have double-digit wins.
I thought next year would be the year for getting the division title and (hopefully) a playoff win.

Hats off to the Bengals and also haha at the rest of the division for not being as good as we (or I) thought they would be record-wise.
Now go get that first playoff win in 30 years!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

/thread

I'd like to know what YOU think the purpose of the Game Day thread is. Is it a place to discuss the game and support our team, or is it a place to immediately start  Cry Cry Cry and see who can be the first to say the team has no chance, and to try to make everyone who is rooting for the team so miserable no one can enjoy the thread?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:48 PM)jason Wrote: Hell yes you go for it on 4th down right there. Zac has done it all year long, and it works out 63% of the time. I saw the look on Travis Kelce's face, and I wanted no part of him or Mahomes back on the field. Right call, it worked out, and we won. Sure... I sweated every second of that down near the goa line. When Mixon was struggling to make it, I thought I may burst my aorta.

Man, I felt the same way about Kelce and Mahommes. Apparently so did Cowher and Boomer. When you look at the big picture vs the microcosm of the situation....it was absolutely the right call. As you noted.... success on 4th down has been there for Cincy, and you don't want Mahommes to only need fifty or so yards to get into FG range with more than 15 seconds.... timeouts nor not. Then you have to consider the roll your offense has been on since Ja'Marr's fist TD and you gotta roll with the hot hand. People bitched about playing it safe and taking the ball out of Joe's hands against SF (and rightfully so most likely), now folks are bitching about being aggressive and putting the ball in Joey Franchise's hands. He said in his presser that we didn't come here to back into a division crown, we came here to take it. I've been lukewarm on Zac, and warmed up to him more this season, but I don't see how anyone doesn't like hearing your HC say that two years removed from 2-14. Iiked seeing the raw emotion from Zac, and saying eff it, we're going for it all, and we don't think we can be denied. I think he's won me over. No more insulting the intelligence of fans and media in pressers, he gives information he can, and he is motivated and got some gonads about him.

As for the aorta, I've been calm all year.... except for the epic beatdowns of Shitsburgh....may as well roll with the hot hand and stay calm. Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My expectation this year was a team around .500 that could maybe sneak into a WC.
I had no expectation that they could win the division, as I thought the Ravens and Browns both would have double-digit wins.
I thought next year would be the year for getting the division title and (hopefully) a playoff win.

Hats off to the Bengals and also haha at the rest of the division for not being as good as we (or I) thought they would be record-wise.

This was almost what I thought going into the season. A 6-8 win season seemed about right. Zac has exceeded expectations this year, and hopefully coaches some Playoff wins this year. I’m still not sold on his playcalling but the results are better than expected this year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My expectation this year was a team around .500 that could maybe sneak into a WC.

Same.... although I didn't think they'd make the playoffs, let alone win our first division crown in 6 years.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say, making a guy who was in way over his head paid off as ZT managed to learn on the job and win so few games that we got to draft Burrow and Chase and then he managed to figure things out in his 3rd year and become an amazing coach.

I honestly think the Bengals have set a template for the rest of the NFL for a change.  You find a way to combine tanking for high picks coincide with a HC learning on the job and then you reap the benefits.  We need to thank the football gods for 2019-2020 ZT and 2021 ZT because we needed all of it to turn things around.

ZT blew for Burrow, he crapped the bad for Chase, and now he's a SB-caliber coach.

There's so much more to it than that.  I hated the hire too but Taylor just won a division title in the NFL.  Ober simplifying that process and how difficult that is...is nuts, insanity.

Everyone has great players.  Its the NFL.  A bad coach would screw it up even with burrow and chase.  Clearly the dude has coaching chops i wasn't aware of.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I will take four helpings of crow.

One for Team Sewell. One for fire Zac. And ine for fire Lou. Heck, and some for desert for fire Duke.

It tastes like chicken.

Still, gotta fix the OL this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:33 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: This was almost what I thought going into the season.  A 6-8 win season seemed about right. Zac has exceeded expectations this year, and hopefully coaches some Playoff wins this year.  I’m still not sold on his playcalling but the results are better than expected this year.

Yup, 6-8 was where I had em pegged, with an outside shot at 9-8. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:35 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: There's so much more to it than that.  I hated the hire too but Taylor just won a division title in the NFL.  Ober simplifying that process and how difficult that is...is nuts, insanity.

Everyone has great players.  Its the NFL.  A bad coach would screw it up even with burrow and chase.  Clearly the dude has coaching chops i wasn't aware of.

Exhibit A....look how Urban handled Sunshine. Sure, Trevor had some things to work on, but he hasn't gotten any better. As Au mentioned, he's actually regressed.

Reply/Quote