Im owning up to it. I was wrong you and a handful
Of guys that stood behind Zac Taylor were right
He looks to be the right man to turn.this franchise
Around. Im here to say you guys knew what you were
Talking.about. Please accept my sincere apologies
If I said anything insulting or personal to you regarding
Your stance on Zac
Reply/Quote
apology accepted. except i also agree that zac has/had a lot to prove.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im owning up to it. I was wrong you and a handful
Your stance on Zac

I want you to apologize to me personally. Nah, just kidding. Glad you believe. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: apology accepted. except i also agree that zac has/had a lot to prove.

Your accepting his apology? But....

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your accepting his apology? But....

I like accepting apologies not directed at me, he did put etc. in the title though.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im owning up to it. I was wrong you and a handful
Your stance on Zac

It feels nice to be wrong sometimes. Trust me.   Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
No apologies necessary. Taylor becoming a great coach is what we all want.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:51 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It feels nice to be wrong sometimes. Trust me.   Smirk

Imma have to take your word for it; cause I have no first hand experience
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While I love the 'high' of securing the division and a playoff berth, I'm really still not sold on Zac. He's 16-31. Let's not forget -- the Jets, Packers and Chicago.

Marvin got us to many playoffs... didn't win any.

Once he wins a playoff game, I may change my view. I think Burrow and Chase were the obvious picks in the last two years. Many coaches -- even average ones -- would have picked the same.

I'll enjoy the win and clinch, but honestly the jury is still out. IMHO.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No apologies necessary. Taylor becoming a great coach is what we all want.

Ehh it’s what 99% of people want. I’m pretty sure there are one or two around here that would rather lose than have him win so they can say I told you so.

Since this is a crow eating thread I’ll take a helping for bashing Lou. I’ve been a Zac supporter since day one and have said multiple times when few did that I still thought he would turn into a great coach for us.

I never saw this from Lou though. In fact I would have been willing to let Zac go last year just to get rid of Lou. He got a lot of FA money spent but the guys we’ve drafted and the improvement from backups/etc can’t be ignored. Even spending big money is no guarantee if the DC can’t put guys in the right spots. He’s done a hell of a job this year. From time to time they will still look lost and even helpless, but in 2021 with these rules and offenses no defense will look great every series. I’m I’ll happily eat crow for the job he’s done. Even today, wasn’t pretty but they held to 3 points after halftime and let the offense get us back in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:18 PM)EatonFan Wrote: While I love the 'high' of securing the division and a playoff berth, I'm really still not sold on Zac.  He's 16-31.  Let's not forget -- the Jets, Packers and Chicago.

Once he wins a playoff game, I may change my view.  I think Burrow and Chase were the obvious picks in the last two years.  Many coaches -- even average ones -- would have picked the same.

I'll enjoy the win and clinch, but honestly the jury is still out.  IMHO.

I never knew IMHO meant: In My Hater Opinion 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I never knew IMHO meant: In My Hater Opinion 

I'm not a hater, just the facts.  IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:18 PM)EatonFan Wrote: While I love the 'high' of securing the division and a playoff berth, I'm really still not sold on Zac.  He's 16-31.  Let's not forget -- the Jets, Packers and Chicago.

Once he wins a playoff game, I may change my view.  I think Burrow and Chase were the obvious picks in the last two years.  Many coaches -- even average ones -- would have picked the same.

I'll enjoy the win and clinch, but honestly the jury is still out.  IMHO.

Unfortunately that statement isn't exactly accurate. In hindsight it is but there's a very good chance a different coach could have picked he who shall not be named.
Reply/Quote
I know we're riding the high of a big win but lets slow down lol. The bar has always been a playoff win. ML made the playoffs his third year too (with two better previous years than ZT).

Don't get me wrong...I'm pleased with the production...but i'm not crowning ZT just yet.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:11 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Unfortunately that statement isn't exactly accurate. In hindsight it is but there's a very good chance a different coach could have picked he who shall not be named.

The only other debate was Sewell and I just don't think it was as close as many think.  Granted.  Hindsight.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:14 PM)basballguy Wrote: I know we're riding the high of a big win but lets slow down lol. The bar has always been a playoff win. ML made the playoffs his third year too (with two better previous years than ZT).

Don't get me wrong...I'm pleased with the production...but i'm not crowning ZT just yet.

I don't beat the drum about "a playoff win" like many do. To me, you either win it all, or you don't. I'm not crowing Zac either, but I did think he was inept and over his head. I look to be pretty wrong about that. How bout that Joe Burrow kid too?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: apology accepted. except i also agree that zac has/had a lot to prove.

I don't think he's apologizing to you Reub.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I supported ZT in his first year. Was down on him last year. However, he has not changed his personality and has remained so positive Eve through the hard times. Seeing him choked up today, you could feel the weight lifted. These past 2 weeks he’s allowed Burrow to cook and we’ve seen the best offense we’ve seen since at least 05.

I have grown to really love ZT this year and really want to see some playoff wins for him and this team.
Reply/Quote
I have to say, making a guy who was in way over his head paid off as ZT managed to learn on the job and win so few games that we got to draft Burrow and Chase and then he managed to figure things out in his 3rd year and become an amazing coach.

I honestly think the Bengals have set a template for the rest of the NFL for a change. You find a way to combine tanking for high picks coincide with a HC learning on the job and then you reap the benefits. We need to thank the football gods for 2019-2020 ZT and 2021 ZT because we needed all of it to turn things around.

ZT blew for Burrow, he crapped the bad for Chase, and now he's a SB-caliber coach.
Reply/Quote
The gist I get from some folks, we should pump the brakes on any success the guy has totally..... even after beating KC at their own game....but go all in on any failures. LoL. It's Andy Dalton part two.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote