Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Not Angry I am Sad.
I am usually angry after a loss. I am not angry any longer, I am Sad. The fact that it is so clear that we are not ready for this year. I am Sad. It actually hurts thinking that we are so bad. I feel that we actually don't belong in the NFL. That we don't deserve an NFL team. Does anyone else feel sad more so than angry? Usually feel angry but after tonight, I just feel Sad.
Reply/Quote
I feel happy. Knowing I had that spare 90 minutes of the 2nd half I didn't really watch to mow the lawn instead of waiting for tomorrow. No heartache left for this season, very low chance of making the playoffs. We would have just made the playoffs and lost the 1st game anyway, lol, this team is like half as good as last year's for many reasons.

I don't see many positives with this team right now, perhaps more if we had an offensive line. Dalton can't do shit in 1.5 seconds other than 3rd and 10 scrambles for 5 yards. He was visibly frustrated this game. 

We're used to this, from Bengals fan of old, use your experience - better to take your Sunday afternoons doing something more enjoyable. There is some joy in watching the Bengals play regardless, but not like this...very limited positives.

Would love to hear Dalton get angry in an interview, or just get angry period. Make shit more watchable. There is no accountability from top down on this team, number 1 reason for why they play like this.

When i was younger I'd marinate on losses for a day, now it's just "eh". This season is a total "eh", better to know sooner than later! Just hope we beat the Browns twice, it doesn't look that good of a bet right now lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I used to get really angry. Then we started winning more then losing and I only got a little mad after a loss. Now I am 42 and just get a little sad and move on.

I guess the good thing is that I cannot remember the last time I watched a Bengals game and just knew from the first few minutes that we were going to get destroyed and there was no excitement about the game. We have been in almost every game we have played.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I used to get really angry.  Then we started winning more than losing and I only got a little mad after a loss.  Now I am 42 and just get a little sad and move on.

I guess the good thing is that I cannot remember the last time I watched a Bengals game and just knew from the first few minutes that we were going to get destroyed and there was no excitement about the game.  We have been in almost every game we have played.

Maybe it is my age going up.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I feel happy. Knowing I had that spare 90 minutes of the 2nd half I didn't really watch to mow the lawn instead of waiting for tomorrow. No heartache left for this season, very low chance of making the playoffs. We would have just made the playoffs and lost the 1st game anyway, lol, this team is like half as good as last year's for many reasons.

I don't see many positives with this team right now, perhaps more if we had an offensive line. Dalton can't do shit in 1.5 seconds other than 3rd and 10 scrambles for 5 yards. He was visibly frustrated this game. 

We're used to this, from Bengals fan of old, use your experience - better to take your Sunday afternoons doing something more enjoyable. There is some joy in watching the Bengals play regardless, but not like this...very limited positives.

Would love to hear Dalton get angry in an interview, or just get angry period. Make shit more watchable. There is no accountability from top down on this team, number 1 reason for why they play like this.

When i was younger I'd marinate on losses for a day, now it's just "eh". This season is a total "eh", better to know sooner than later! Just hope we beat the Browns twice, it doesn't look that good of a bet right now lol.

HAHHA WHTZUP!!! lol I always watch no matter how bad but can't blame you for doing something else with your time.. Man we are bad!!  Peace!!  Bro!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I used to get really angry.  Then we started winning more then losing and I only got a little mad after a loss.  Now I am 42 and just get a little sad and move on.

I guess the good thing is that I cannot remember the last time I watched a Bengals game and just knew from the first few minutes that we were going to get destroyed and there was no excitement about the game.  We have been in almost every game we have played.

It wasn't long ago for me. First play of the game a couple years ago, Dalton threw a pick 6 to the Browns. I turned it off immediately and told my g/f it's over. She was like wtf. Bengals lost.

This game was over in the 1Q yet most of us still watched in agony, looking for something good to hang our hat on. I don't know. Atkins, zero tackles...

I think I'm happy with Gio, but that's about it. HOF AJ Green bobbles balls off his hands, and is bad at coming back to the ball/stopping INTs. He needs monster games for us to win. Dalton and Aj are supposed to be in their prime right now.

I do think Adam Jones has approached mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
"We're going to have fun. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done besides worrying about a football game."

[Image: wyche100222_440.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It wasn't long ago for me. First play of the game a couple years ago, Dalton threw a pick 6 to the Browns. I turned it off immediately and told my g/f it's over. She was like wtf. Bengals lost.

This game was over in the 1Q yet most of us still watched in agony, looking for something good to hang our hat on. I don't know. Atkins, zero tackles...

I think I'm happy with Gio, but that's about it. HOF AJ Green bobbles balls off his hands, and is bad at coming back to the ball/stopping INTs. He needs monster games for us to win. Dalton and Aj are supposed to be in their prime right now.

Y aj will drop a pass here and there. But to have a top 3 wr in the nfl, one that many pundits say is the best deep threat in the game, and you don't throw the deep ball? If I'm marvin I am screaming at zamp to take shots downfield. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It wasn't long ago for me. First play of the game a couple years ago, Dalton threw a pick 6 to the Browns. I turned it off immediately and told my g/f it's over. She was like wtf. Bengals lost.

I watched the whole game in agony.  I watch every single game in its entirety no matter how bad. 
Reply/Quote
Sad is a good word to start, but I'm concerned that the overall vibe of the team is gone. Performances like today on top of how we've looked to this point tells me the clubhouse is now vulnerable to some dissension. Players might start pressing beyond their capability, fingers might start pointing, meetings might become less productive, and morale dips. And I put this on coaching, regardless of who's new and who's gone. The players are sponges, soaking up direction, and trying to execute schemes that just don't seem to gel. To me, the winning style of chemistry just isn't there.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I do agree to that. Most of the time it's a catch or PI on AJ. I think Andy can get it to him too.

I don't understand why the Bengals don't have designed rollouts baked into any play, with how poor our O-line is. It's almost an automatic disguise of our weakness. You either improve your weaknesses or hone your strengths. I don't think we can escape our O-line this year, time to try and hide it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am usually angry after a loss.  I am not angry any longer, I am Sad.  The fact that it is so clear that we are not ready for this year.  I am Sad.  It actually hurts thinking that we are so bad.  I feel that we actually don't belong in the NFL.  That we don't deserve an NFL team.  Does anyone else feel sad more so than angry?  Usually feel angry but after tonight, I just feel Sad.

I am right with you!! I am sad because I realize what most won't admit.....Marvin Screwus has squandered five years of a core playoff team and has ZERO to show for it!!!!! Now talent and opportunity has been lost with the window likely closing. 

I am sad because we all took it for grant it that this team could just make the playoffs every year, but will be even more SAD when we all realize that for all this time, and all this hope, these very talented teams accomplished exactly what those Bungles teams of the lost decade accomplished.....NOT A DAMN THING!!!!

ZERO PLAYOFF WINS = ZERO PLAYOFF WINS

What a legacy Clown & Giggles!!!!!! Clapping Violin :whiteflag: Mooning 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Sad is a good word to start, but I'm concerned that the overall vibe of the team is gone. Performances like today on top of how we've looked to this point tells me the clubhouse is now vulnerable to some dissension. Players might start pressing beyond their capability, fingers might start pointing, meetings might become less productive, and morale dips. And I put this on coaching, regardless of who's new and who's gone. The players are sponges, soaking up direction, and trying to execute schemes that just don't seem to gel. To me, the winning style of chemistry just isn't there.

That's true, it looked like the Bengals gave up mid-game (or earlier?). Burfict just stood there on a play. I never question Andy or Gio, but that's about it. Even AJ has pulled up on routes before. It doesn't appear that the team is giving 100%...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I feel happy. Knowing I had that spare 90 minutes of the 2nd half I didn't really watch to mow the lawn instead of waiting for tomorrow. No heartache left for this season, very low chance of making the playoffs. We would have just made the playoffs and lost the 1st game anyway, lol, this team is like half as good as last year's for many reasons.

The force is strong in you.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I am right with you!! I am sad because I realize what most won't admit.....Marvin Screwus has squandered five years of a core playoff team and has ZERO to show for it!!!!! Now talent and opportunity has been lost with the window likely closing. 

I am sad because we all took it for grant it that this team could just make the playoffs every year, but will be even more SAD when we all realize that for all this time, and all this hope, these very talented teams accomplished exactly what those Bungles teams of the lost decade accomplished.....NOT A DAMN THING!!!!

ZERO PLAYOFF WINS = ZERO PLAYOFF WINS

What a legacy Clown & Giggles!!!!!! Clapping Violin :whiteflag: Mooning 
I think over the summer, I was hoping that last game against the stoolers was our chance, and I don't want that team to steal that from us and I think we have been robbed of our Chance again with them doing it to us..  
Reply/Quote
I feel fine. I have confidence once we extend Marvin Lewis and let this latest group of divas and quitters walk he will finally get it right!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah same here as Im not angry but also not even sad. I mentioned in gameday thread its more of a feeling of 'What else is on tv', like I was watchin a boring show. And that sucks cause I want to be energetic in rooting for my teams, not this as its been year after year after year of almost getting there.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From this point on I'm going to expect the worst and be happy for better. Rest of the season will be me enjoying watching Dalton continue to evolve into an elite QB
Reply/Quote

I watched the whole game in agony.  I watch every single game in its entirety no matter how bad. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I do agree to that. Most of the time it's a catch or PI on AJ. I think Andy can get it to him too.

I don't understand why the Bengals don't have designed rollouts baked into any play, with how poor our O-line is. It's almost an automatic disguise of our weakness. You either improve your weaknesses or hone your strengths. I don't think we can escape our O-line this year, time to try and hide it.

Now, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder why the coaches don't get it? 
Reply/Quote