Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am all for resigning Tyler Eiffert
You all would make fine Bengals GM's.

You've mastered the 1st tenet: Find talented players with Red Flags that force them to sign cheap.

Well done. Seriously though, at what point do you think all of the back surgeries are going to rob him of his athleticism? This certainly isn't the same player that we drafted.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to say, if Eifert is only up for bottom-of-the-barrel contracts he's not going to sign here.  Early (and cliched) prediction:  he ends up in NE.
That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Why take bottom of the barrel here?

Seriously folks.  Whatever stuff you're smokin'.  Puff Puff Pass...  please.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to say, if Eifert is only up for bottom-of-the-barrel contracts he's not going to sign here.  Early (and cliched) prediction:  he ends up in NE.

That's actually the one place I am most confident he won't be going.

They have Gronk, Bennett, and Allen all under contract for 2 more years. Granted in Bennett and Allen's case, they can be cut after this season with $0 in dead cap space (and I expect that to happen for Allen). I just don't see them cutting both of them, or Eifert going somewhere to be a TE3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think it was Rotoworld that suggested he could be back on a 1 year "prove it" deal. If we can have Eifert at 1 year for like $2 million, it's low risk/high reward.

I wouldn't pay much more for him though. At all.

Btw...it's not some ridiculous idea that he'd accept a small contract here. Many times - if the $ is the same - players prefer staying right where they're at. Moving to a new team requires learning a new playbook with a new QB, finding a new home, learning a new area, etc. Plus some of you are assuming a contender would have a spot for an oft-injured TE.

I could see maybe the Steelers, but they just got burned by the oft-injured Ladarius Green.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You all would make fine Bengals GM's.

You've mastered the 1st tenet: Find talented players with Red Flags that force them to sign cheap.

Well done. Seriously though, at what point do you think all of the back surgeries are going to rob him of his athleticism? This certainly isn't the same player that we drafted.

If it’s part of a rotation, sure, that’s a decent approach. That’s part of how the pats have done it. Find good situational or rotational guys and give them the right situation or a rotation. Our last solid defense (not this one, the zimmer years) was built off decent guys in the right rotation/situation.

If we stop using Eiffert as a blocker but bring him in as a target in passing downs, it would extend his career. If we can do that for $3 million, I’d be ok with getting 7-9 games and about as many tds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it was Rotoworld that suggested he could be back on a 1 year "prove it" deal. If we can have Eifert at 1 year for like $2 million, it's low risk/high reward.

I wouldn't pay much more for him though. At all.

Btw...it's not some ridiculous idea that he'd accept a small contract here. Many times - if the $ is the same - players prefer staying right where they're at. Moving to a new team requires learning a new playbook with a new QB, finding a new home, learning a new area, etc. Plus some of you are assuming a contender would have a spot for an oft-injured TE.

I could see maybe the Steelers, but they just got burned by the oft-injured Ladarius Green.

I can see a team offering him a 2 year 7mil (per year) deal with the ability to cut him after thr first with no dead cap hit, but heavily tied to staying healthy.

If he get injured he make enough to pay his medical bills, a refrigerator box, a 50 gallon drum for heat, and two family size cases of Ramon noodles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's actually the one place I am most confident he won't be going.

They have Gronk, Bennett, and Allen all under contract for 2 more years. Granted in Bennett and Allen's case, they can be cut after this season with $0 in dead cap space (and I expect that to happen for Allen). I just don't see them cutting both of them, or Eifert going somewhere to be a TE3.

Ah I forgot about Bennett.  I do figure he'll take a low offer for a team that doesn't need to rely upon him being the #1 TE every day.  Maybe the Rams/Eagles will be looking for an insurance piece.

(11-25-2017, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw...it's not some ridiculous idea that he'd accept a small contract here. Many times - if the $ is the same - players prefer staying right where they're at. Moving to a new team requires learning a new playbook with a new QB, finding a new home, learning a new area, etc. Plus some of you are assuming a contender would have a spot for an oft-injured TE.

Yeah, but our OC/playbook and 32nd ranked offense really aren't the kind of things that would keep a guy around for the sake on consistency.  Hell, staying here with our anemic offense could ruin what's left of his numbers.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You all would make fine Bengals GM's.

Idk I am not a doctor are you?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah I forgot about Bennett.  I do figure he'll take a low offer for a team that doesn't need to rely upon him being the #1 TE every day.  Maybe the Rams/Eagles will be looking for an insurance piece.

Lets be honest. Who are we kidding? He's going to go to Pittsburgh and magically play like 48 straight games, averaging like 10/120/2 per game vs the Bengals. Cry

But yeah... my guess is he goes to play with Whit and the Rams if he is attached to being a #1. They need a TE. Or if he is open to being a #2, maybe be behind Rudolph and play for Zimmer's Vikings.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah I forgot about Bennett.  I do figure he'll take a low offer for a team that doesn't need to rely upon him being the #1 TE every day.  Maybe the Rams/Eagles will be looking for an insurance piece.

Yeah, but our OC/playbook and 32nd ranked offense really aren't the kind of things that would keep a guy around for the sake on consistency.  Hell, staying here with our anemic offense could ruin what's left of his numbers.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on what he values more (assuming money is the same). Winning or familiarity with team/region.

If every player placed the most emphasis on winning, we wouldn't have been able to resign any players during the 90's (believe it or not, we did).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He should retire. Unless we can rebuild him, we have the technology, to make a 6 million dollar man, which we don’t.
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with franchising him. Unless they have plans to revamp the OL and need to do a couple of moves via free agency.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:58 PM)Synric Wrote: I meant if he checks out medical and how much money he makes is heavily tied to how many games he plays....

But yea I couldn't imagine what that would be like mid 20s and sore...Hell I've only had heart burn twice in my life and both after turned 30... (I still swear I was having a heart attack.)

Maybe we can sign him with a clause that states that Eifert has to be a player scout if he gets hurt again. Either we get a Pro Bowl Caliber TE for a whole season or we double the size of our scouting dept.  Win Win baby!!
Reply/Quote
No, it's just a Derrick Rose/Cavs scenario.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps they could include in his contract "light duty" in case of injury.

[Image: th?id=OIP.O_4CvqF2Vhyxa1cuu7qyqQEsDb&pid...=221&h=163]

That way his brittle ass could help all of these coaches with their "paperwork" and TPS reports.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No just let him go ,I'm tired of counting on him and he can't play. There's good tight ends coming out about every year,same with all skill positions.look at kroft for example.
Reply/Quote
I agree. I'd definitely rather resign him than re-sign him. Injured too often. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Idk I am not a doctor are you?

Does it take a doctor to know that a guy that has played in 39 out of 80 regular season games can't be relied on to stay healthy?

Plus, he just had back surgery which is kind of a major thing for a Pro football player.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 04:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I’m fine with franchising him.    Unless they have plans to revamp the OL and need to do a couple of moves via free agency.

Franchise tagging him would be the absolute worst move they could make. The franchise tag value for a TE was $10 million a year in 2017.

Once again, he's played in 39 out of 80 games in his career. He's actually started 30 of those games. He's not worth $10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 06:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does it take a doctor to know that a guy that has played in 39 out of 80 regular season games can't be relied on to stay healthy?

Plus, he just had back surgery which is kind of a major thing for a Pro football player.

Gronk had major back surgery and he is doing just fine this season not sure if Eifert is that different. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote