Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2016 Offensive Line
(11-16-2016, 12:11 AM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I understand the frustrations about the offensive line, but if we draft new players would we be in the same situation? Are we depending on some rookies to come in and turn our line around? This draft isn't THAT great with can't miss oline prospects, so what gives? I believe a new oline coach would be a breath of fresh air and would re-energize our guys.
and the definition of insanity is....?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 05:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: and the definition of insanity is....?

So you think the 2016 O-line has produced the same results as the past few years?

The definition of clueless is.......?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/16/mike-zimmer-vows-to-get-back-to-doing-things-my-way-which-implies-plenty/

A coach calls out his O-Line ... shame it isn't Marvin .. oh hang on a minute he could have been our HC if we had an owner with some balls.

Just look at the results.

0-4

Throwing your players under the bus does zero to make them better.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just look at the results.

0-4

Throwing your players under the bus does zero to make them better.
Except he is calling them out after going 0-4
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......ain't gonna see that from anyone until we change the blocking technique.....which would require the dismissal of Mike's free dinner party entertainment.....which leads us back to ain't gonna see it.  Also, honestly, aside from the bad throw for the INT, I haven't seen much bad from Dalton.

The pick against the Giants was just thrown too high ,,,, AND it was not even close to as awful as Manning's second pick to a player in triple coverage!!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 11:15 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Except he is calling them out after going 0-4

He also called them out after their very first loss ans they proceeded to lose three more.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I can say about the Bengals offensive line this year .... is ..... well .... they have been offensive!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think the 2016 O-line has produced the same results as the past few years?

The definition of clueless is.......?

Fred, a little bit of you goes a really long way. Hilarious I was referring to doing the same thing game after game THIS YEAR.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/16/mike-zimmer-vows-to-get-back-to-doing-things-my-way-which-implies-plenty/

A coach calls out his O-Line ... shame it isn't Marvin .. oh hang on a minute he could have been our HC if we had an owner with some balls.

Seeing as the article didn't get into any specifics of what was going on that wasn't "Zimmer's way", we are left to guess.  I'm guessing that he allowed his subordinates to implement some changes, changes that don't seem to be panning out thus far.  Going back to "his way" can only mean good things for the Vikings, as we know from his time with the Bengals that his way includes stressing the fundamentals, and rigid attention to detail. 

It wasn't by luck that Zimmer had a team lacking talent, stricken by two catastrophic injuries, yet was still 5-0 a month ago.  Now, I'm not trying to say that Zimmer would be having this years Bengals sitting at the top of the conference, but you can be sure that he would most definitely hold players and position coaches accountable for their faults.  If he were coach of the Bengals, I'm pretty convinced that he would have been putting his foot up the ass of a certain OL coach, as well as the ass of a certain DBs coach from very early on this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Fred, a little bit of you goes a really long way. Hilarious I was referring to doing the same thing game after game THIS YEAR.

Yep.....just like souse meat.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote