Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't go thru the 90's again...
I will have to totally give up on the NFL before I put myself through that, again.
Reply/Quote
This is bad.... Very bad.

But it is nothing like the 90's... Yet
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 09:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I will have to totally give up on the NFL before I put myself through that, again.
I may have to switch teams before I endure those days again. This season does resemble the Ghost of 90's Past though.
Reply/Quote
I think as long as we have Tobin, we won't ever get to 90s level era sustained crappy play. That said, there is nothing at the moment indicating we will ever take the next step either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not the 90's, but I do fear this team could be in for a couple years of futility, especially if Ogbuehi and Fisher are busts.

Zeitler and Kirkpatrick may be gone in free agency. Pacman looks older by the day. Dennard does not look like anything special when he is able to get on the field. Bodine is Bodine, Whitworth is 35 next month, Peko is nearing the end. The linebackers look out of shape, old, and slow. Williams appears not quite ready for prime time, and it seems as though Nelson made Ioloka look better than he really is.

Did I miss anything??
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It's not the 90's, but I do fear this team could be in for a couple years of futility, especially if Ogbuehi and Fisher are busts.

Zeitler and Kirkpatrick may be gone in free agency.  Pacman looks older by the day.  Dennard does not look like anything special when he is able to get on the field.  Bodine is Bodine, Whitworth is 35 next month, Peko is nearing the end.  The linebackers look out of shape, old, and slow.  Williams appears not quite ready for prime time, and it seems as though Nelson made Ioloka look better than he really is.

Did I miss anything??

You gotta get atleast 1 starter that is an upgrade in year 1 and 2 quality starters from EVERY draft to be a good NFL franchise.

Simply put...this team hasn't been doing that.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You gotta get atleast 1 starter that is an upgrade in year 1 and 2 quality starters from EVERY draft to be a good NFL franchise.

Simply put...this team hasn't been doing that.

I heard Howie Long a couple weeks ago say that "you must hit at least one home run in every NFL draft".  Agree that the Bengals have not been doing that, and it is catching up with them.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why everyone is bumming out on the 90's they 90's were awesome!! Stanley Kirk Burrell ruled!!! Wait we are talking about football yeah well.. yeah pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I heard Howie Long a couple weeks ago say that "you must hit at least one home run in every NFL draft".  Agree that the Bengals have not been doing that, and it is catching up with them.

I think the draft picks are solid, but injuries and lack of playing time, and perhaps the transition from college to the NFL with the coaching staff has something to do with it.. more so.
Reply/Quote
1991-1999 = 0 Playoff Wins
2000s = 0 Playoff Wins
2010s = 0 Playoff wins.

It's always the 90s with the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think the draft picks are solid, but injuries and lack of playing time, and perhaps the transition from college to the NFL with the coaching staff has something to do with it.. more so.

We keep hearing that the Bengals have one great draft after another, but are definitely not seeing the results.  Whatever it is, I think it has caught up with the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: 1991-1999  = 0 Playoff Wins
2000s = 0 Playoff Wins
2010s = 0 Playoff wins.

I cannot agree with this.
At least we haven't reached the point where the game is lost before the team even steps on the field... yet.

Seriously.  If you didn't live through the 90's, consider yourself lucky you didn't have to experience games where
the Bengals NEVER led, and looked so pathetic you KNEW they had ZERO chance of winning.
Reply/Quote
2000s = 0 Playoff Wins
2010s = 0 Playoff wins.

Sadly, this.  
Reply/Quote
2000s = 0 Playoff Wins
2010s = 0 Playoff wins.

1991-2000 (10 years)    47-113

2006-2015 (10 years)    85-73

Yes, we haven't won a playoff game. But to insinuate that this is anywhere near the same organization as the 90s is disingenuous. Not to mention 10 win seasons 4 years in a row from 2012-2015.

We definitely gotta change something up to take the next step though.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 09:55 PM)treee Wrote: I think as long as we have Tobin, we won't ever get to 90s level era sustained crappy play. That said, there is nothing at the moment indicating we will ever take the next step either.

Not sure I have seen any Tobin success lately. Since Gio's pick in the 2013 draft, there's been a whole lot of meh.

They've drafted 1 Pro Bowler in the last 5 drafts. (I know the 2016 draft hasn't had a chance to make a Pro Bowl yet, but I think we can safely say none of them are going to be making it this year.)

Think when talking about Tobin, everyone's gotten a little too obsessed over post-draft grades and how the Bengals keep "winning", and not focusing nearly enough on players from those drafts actually turning out well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I could do some 90's again.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure I have seen any Tobin success lately. Since Gio's pick in the 2013 draft, there's been a whole lot of meh.

They've drafted 1 Pro Bowler in the last 5 drafts. (I know the 2016 draft hasn't had a chance to make a Pro Bowl yet, but I think we can safely say none of them are going to be making it this year.)

Think when talking about Tobin, everyone's gotten a little too obsessed over post-draft grades and how the Bengals keep "winning", and not focusing nearly enough on players from those drafts actually turning out well.

Fair enough. Definitely seems like we've had a few less than stellar drafts the past 5 years.
Reply/Quote
But the 90's was the best era for music. Just sayin.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The 90's were bad but at least we knew we had no chance. This is almost worse though; having talent and a team with great potential, but not a Coach or Ownership that can do a damn thing with it and thinks there is nothing wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It's not the 90's, but I do fear this team could be in for a couple years of futility, especially if Ogbuehi and Fisher are busts.

Zeitler and Kirkpatrick may be gone in free agency.  Pacman looks older by the day.  Dennard does not look like anything special when he is able to get on the field.  Bodine is Bodine, Whitworth is 35 next month, Peko is nearing the end.  The linebackers look out of shape, old, and slow.  Williams appears not quite ready for prime time, and it seems as though Nelson made Ioloka look better than he really is.

Did I miss anything??
I know it was only a series of 2, but I thought Vigil looked good.
Reply/Quote