Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't remember
... the last time I've been this excited for an offseason. All I could think of is 2003 when we hired Marvin and drafted Palmer.

Of course, excitement could change to dread quickly if Hue is made HC.

Case in point: I've spent more time on these forums this past week than I did the whole last month of the season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My very status as a fan depends on the outcome. All I asked for was no Marvin, no Hue. We're halfway there.

I can even tolerate Joseph. But not Hue. I can't take another 8-16 years of this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will reserve my excitement for when they actually do something exiting. Parting ways with Marv was a good start but let’s see how they follow that up...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)HuDey Wrote: I will reserve my excitement for when they actually do something exiting. Parting ways with Marv was a good start but let’s see how they follow that up...

This is me

I'm holding my excitement until I see what they do moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ... the last time I've been this excited for an offseason. All I could think of is 2003 when we hired Marvin and drafted Palmer.

Case in point: I've spent more time on these forums this past week than I did the whole last month of the season.

For a second, I thought this was a resurrected thread from last offseason. You know, the one where we heard Marvin was getting a lot more control over the roster and brought in Teryl Austin to revamp the defense?

Hopefully things go better this time around compared to last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ... the last time I've been this excited for an offseason. All I could think of is 2003 when we hired Marvin and drafted Palmer.

I am not a believer a coach can make a major impact immediately. I see not enough accountability to the players and too much accountability to the coach.

If the coach they hire is a true upgrade, this time next year we will getting ready for a playoff game. But, seeing is believing and anything less than playoffs for me in 2019 it just another wasted year of failure.

I hope I am happy a year from now, as for now I feel no different than I did when ML was coaching a few days ago. I refuse to waste any more money on tickets or buy merchandise. 

But, I am happy a bunch of fans already are drinking the Kool aide. I see many have lowered their 2019 expectations based on a new coach. I find that very interesting.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Exactly where I'm at. They announce Hue as HC, I think that might be the dagger that does me in. It just signals nothing will ever change.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 06:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For a second, I thought this was a resurrected thread from last offseason. You know, the one where we heard Marvin was getting a lot more control over the roster and brought in Teryl Austin to revamp the defense?

Hopefully things go better this time around compared to last year.

Yeah, except I don't know too many who were that excited about the new coordinators WITH Marvin's return.

I feel like a kid who's been told that we're going to GameStop to buy a brand new console (if Hue's hired, it'll be like a PlayStation 1 was bought).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)HuDey Wrote: I will reserve my excitement for when they actually do something exiting. Parting ways with Marv was a good start but let’s see how they follow that up...

Im still excited over Lewis. But I understand the hesita cy . Im still a little concerned by the list of candidates so far. Hue or McDaniels (not that I have to worry about the latter) would've bummed me out.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 06:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is me

I'm holding my excitement until I see what they do moving forward.

Ditto
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 06:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, except I don't know too many who were that excited about the new coordinators WITH Marvin's return.

I feel like a kid who's been told that we're going to GameStop to buy a brand new console (if Hue's hired, it'll be like a PlayStation 1 was bought).

Yeah, but with Mike it'd be more like

[Image: video-pong.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown announced his retirement before the selection of the next Bengal head coach, I would think the fan base would lather into ecstasy. It would have a tremendous impact on season ticket sales, and create energy like the days of Paul Brown.

I am not sure a new Head Coach does it for me just yet. Remember, Hue Jackson made that terrible Palmer trade that set back the Raiders before he went to Cleveland.

Even if the new hire is Taylor or Bieniemy and he struggles, I would still look forward to next season. If the Bengals fired Haslett and a couple other coaches, then it would signal to me the front office is serious.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The new head coach will NOT be Hue Jackson, Bill Lazor, Darrin Simmons, and probably not Vance Joseph either.
Reply/Quote
I’M STOKED! Well, kinda. I made the koolaid, but not drinking it yet.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’M STOKED! Well, kinda. I made the koolaid, but not drinking it yet.

I heard Josh McDaniels turned down Bengals Interview...…
This guy is a prima donna....thx but no thx
Recall he left Colts Hi and Dry last yr.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 09:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The new head coach will NOT be Hue Jackson, Bill Lazor, Darrin Simmons, and probably not Vance Joseph either.

I hope you're right. They're going out to California to interview Taylor so...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope you're right. They're going out to California to interview Taylor so...

Yep, and as I just posted in interviews thread, Hobson says that they are working from a list of over 20 candidates, so if true, there could be more interviews on the way beyond the ones reported so far.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:01 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, and as I just posted in interviews thread, Hobson says that they are working from a list of over 20 candidates, so if true, there could be more interviews on the way beyond the ones reported so far.

I wonder if they are interviewing some college ranked coaches...(Fitzgerald or Dabo Swinney)
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 04:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: My very status as a fan depends on the outcome. All I asked for was no Marvin, no Hue. We're halfway there.

I can even tolerate Joseph. But not Hue. I can't take another 8-16 years of this.

Joseph looked like a younger, more fit, version of Marvin.  Still as clueless, is the problem. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 09:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The new head coach will NOT be Hue Jackson, Bill Lazor, Darrin Simmons, and probably not Vance Joseph either.

While I agree with this...my fear is will the just go halfway?  Will they get a new HC, but not allow that person to develop their own staff?  
Reply/Quote