Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd rather see Brandon Allen at QB than Finley
Reasoning: This season is toast and we are waiting for Burrow now. We already know what Finley is (trash). Why not look at Allen and figure out if he is a viable backup in the longer term?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should’ve kept Andy Dalton and sacrificed him to the gods behind this Oline while letting burrow sit a year.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Should’ve kept Andy Dalton and sacrificed him to the gods behind this Oline while letting burrow sit a year.

Andy played behind a bad line last few years. Actually this is a better line than lasy year.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see Allen too, just because watching Finley is painful and it makes me angry seeing such a turd out there.

That said, I see no way Allen is a viable backup for this team in 2021. They're going to need a somewhat experienced vet (Ex: Fitzmagic) to be around in case Burrow isn't around for the start of the year.

There's a reason Allen is on his 4th team in 5 years, and there's a reason no one has snagged him from the practice squad. But I still think he's better than Finley though. Almost anyone is better than Finley.
Reply/Quote
Yeah Finley sucked last year. He shouldn't be in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
Finley gives us the best chance to get trevor lawrence and the whole staff fired. Just keep doing what you are doing finley.
Reply/Quote
Blake Bortles please
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:37 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Finley gives us the best chance to get trevor lawrence and the whole staff fired. Just keep doing what you are doing finley.

There is absolutely nothing Finley can do that will cause Jacksonville to win 2 games and the Jets to win 3.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Reasoning: This season is toast and we are waiting for Burrow now. We already know what Finley is (trash). Why not look at Allen and figure out if he is a viable backup in the longer term?

Allen is trash too. Worse completion percentage last year than Finley had.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Finley looks like an anorexic Olive Oyl, how can he last 6 games anyways?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah Finley sucked last year. He shouldn't be in the nfl.

It’s unbelievable that they decided to roll with him as the backup this year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s unbelievable that they decided to roll with him as the backup this year.

Apparently Burrow getting injured wasn’t a consideration in any capacity
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Apparently Burrow getting injured wasn’t a consideration in any capacity

And with the COVID protocols anyone can be out any week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm on board with this too..
FINLEY IS GOD AWFUL!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Finley looks like an anorexic Olive Oyl, how can he last 6 games anyways?

He looks like a Heroin addict to me...
Reply/Quote
I will get hate for this but I think they should bring in Kaepernick. Clearly no other team is taking him so why not give him a shot. There is literally zero chance he would be worse than Finley, and they would be able to keep him on to start next year if need be and be a srviceable backup when Joe returns.
Reply/Quote
What is really going to suck from a financial side is the odds are that Joe will be out next year as well. This means we will have to use the savings from AJ to bring in a vet on a short deal. Being the qb position it will not be cheap. We also loose an year of savings from having a rookie qb by doing so. All because our coaches can't admit their draft pick in Jordan is not ready to start.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:09 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: What is really going to suck from a financial side is the odds are that Joe will be out next year as well. This means we will have to use the savings from AJ  to bring in a vet on a short deal. Being the qb position it will not be cheap. We also loose an year of savings from having a rookie qb by doing so. All because our coaches can't admit their draft pick in Jordan is not ready to start.

There are no odds anywhere that says this. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Should’ve kept Andy Dalton and sacrificed him to the gods behind this Oline while letting burrow sit a year.

The money implications of keeping Dalton aside, Zac Taylor burned that bridge with Andy Dalton anyway. But yeah... It'd be nice to have a competent guy under center... Or calling plays and shots.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There are no odds anywhere that says this. 

Wait...we're talking about the Bengals here. 

Update prognosis: Out 2021 and 2022.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote