Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
A wide receiver helps the passing game.

An offensive lineman helps both the pass and the run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase ran a 3.99 shuttle...

Pitts a 4.44 forty at 6'6"...

Insane. Still would be really happy with Sewell but damn, have to consider these guys with the Draft being so deep at OT.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A wide receiver helps the passing game.

An offensive linemen helps both the pass and the run.

Well, to be fair a WR that can stretch the field also helps the run game. Teams can’t load the box if they have to worry about a guy taking the top off.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: werent jordan and redmond playing because of injuries?

(03-31-2021, 06:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Jordan has been penciled in as a starter since day 1.

Sorry Wes, you're wrong here, man.

The Bengals drafted Jonah Williams (and Jordan). Boling retired for medical reasons so they moved Cordy Glenn to LG to make space for Jonah at LT. Then Jonah tore his labrum and needed season ending surgery. That moved Glenn back to LT, which left LG suddenly open for Jordan.

Jordan became the starter due to injuries.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, to be fair a WR that can stretch the field also helps the run game. Teams can’t load the box if they have to worry about a guy taking the top off.

right, because that really helped the chiefs and bills. 

that really helped the 2015 bengals and their 23rd ranked rushing average

oh wait, no it didnt
Reply/Quote
Heard the Falcons are really interested in Pitts, damn. He was who I wanted the most.

Sewell is more likely now for everyone who is thinking he is the only option in their eyes.

Would love Sewell and hopefully Marshall falling to us in the 2nd. Jackson Carman Guard in the 3rd would be a great start.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: In non Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 3 to 1.  In Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 4 to 2.

The only position groups MB has drafted less than WR in the 1st are RB and TE.  

The problem is that you have people who are pushing a "build through the trenches" approach, but don't want to admit that has been MB's draft philosophy because if that was the case, that philosophy will have proven ineffective.  They then try to shift it to "shiny toys" when there is no factual basis for such. a philosophy.

I'll just copy/paste this here:

Also, Taking Sewell would help us fix the interior problem as well. Mike has always placed heavy value on skill position players...based on both picks and money spent retaining players. He has never valued interior line.

------

Taking Sewell would not only (hopefully) lock up Tackle for a decade, it'd help on the interior, as we could bump Jonah inside (or start Sewell inside). "The trenches" aren't just tackles.

(03-31-2021, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Sewell is he will take time in the pass blocking department cause he tends to grab on the outside of the End's
shoulders. If we do take him and he is a penalty machine as a rookie I wouldn't be surprised.

Honestly I am arguing more for Pitts than Chase here. I love Chase but there have been prospects that have come out like him
before and there will again, could even find a player like Chase later in the Draft or maybe get Marshall the other LSU WR after
Sewell in the 2nd.

But there might never be another Kyle Pitts with his size, speed, route running, hands. He just ran a 4.44 forty at his Florida 
Pro Day BTW right in front of Zac. This guy has to be considered even with Sewell there IMO. If this Draft wasn't deep with 
OT's I would be right there with you, but it is extremely deep.

I prefer Pitts to Chase. That said, who would help Burrow more? Prime Whitworth or prime Jimmy Graham?

(03-31-2021, 06:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Again? Ninja

You're right. It never stopped. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Whoever we take, I just hope he gets a fair shot with the fans. It seems any time people set their heart on a prospect, they hate the player we take instead. If we take Pitts or Chase, I won't be happy about it, but I'll judge that player on his play...not because I'm butt-hurt I didn't get my guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've watched Chase highlights and Pitts highlights. I am more impressed with what Pitts can do and think it will translate better to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sorry Wes, you're wrong here, man.

The Bengals drafted Jonah Williams (and Jordan). Boling retired for medical reasons so they moved Cordy Glenn to LG to make space for Jonah at LT. Then Jonah tore his labrum and needed season ending surgery. That moved Glenn back to LT, which left LG suddenly open for Jordan.

Jordan became the starter due to injuries.

Maybe "penciled in from day 1" was wrong.  Let me clarify...

Jordan started from day 1 and was penciled in as a starter in 2020, with the team bringing in no one to challenge him in the offseason. (XSF was penciled in to the right side)

Regardless, none of this changes what I replied to.  Michael Jordan did not play this year only because of injuries.  They planned on starting him all along.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm going to be happy with any of the following:
Sewell
Chase
Pitts
Trade Back

I would be thrilled to trade back and get 10th or better pick in 2021, 1st round in 2022 and a 3rd round in 2021 and:

Sewell
Chase
Pitts
Smith
Slater

In lieu of that, I think you have to grab Sewell if he is available, 20 year old who can be future HOF left OT. I also love Pitts and Chase but would lean towards Pitts because may be best pass catching TE to come out in a while and a match up nightmare. We saw what a healthy Eifert added, Pitts is much better, must faster, bigger wingspan and can jump higher.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

He's not Tee Higgins - he's on a completely different level.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.

I have a hard time saying he's a generational talent when he's right in line with Smith and Waddle in most draft guys' eyes.

He's 6'0 and he ran a 4.4 (you can say a 4.38, but every other year we adjust .5-.1 for the pro-day track, this year is no different.

Is he a great player?  Sure, but I can't get on board with calling him "generational" when he doesn't really have once in a generation size or speed.
Reply/Quote
Sewell, Pitts, or Chase...Oh my.

If Chase was not at LSU with Burrow, would fans still feel the same about him as a Bengal?
With Pitts you have unique talent that some teams have glimpsed, but never such a player with the Bengals. Never.
There is a chance or two that OL talent will be there at 38, but if Reif or more probable, Williams goes down, is Pitts worth the risk to Burrow?

Bengals can trade back if Panthers are willing, and maybe get another Second rounder. Bengals could draft Slater or even Sewell at 41 and maybe Dickerson and Leatherwood in round two.

My bet is this front office will take Chase. Why? Burrow carries a lot of weight, and Bengals front office historically values skilled players over lineman early. At least under Mike Brown.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 07:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sewell, Pitts, or Chase...Oh my.  

If Chase was not at LSU with Burrow, would fans still feel the same about him as a Bengal?  
With Pitts you have unique talent that some teams have glimpsed, but never such a player with the Bengals.  Never.  
There is a chance or two that OL talent will be there at 38, but if Reif or more probable, Williams goes down, is Pitts worth the risk to Burrow?

Bengals can trade back if Panthers are willing, and maybe get another Second rounder.   Bengals could draft Slater or even Sewell at 41 and maybe Dickerson and Leatherwood in round two.  

My bet is this front office will take Chase.  Why?  Burrow carries a lot of weight, and Bengals front office historically values skilled players over lineman early.  At least under Mike Brown.

I agree with that. But add to it the last couple OL we did draft in the first, Ced O and Price were basically busts. Although as a C specifically, Price still may be able to revive his career somehow. He aint no G though thats for sure. He was swiss cheese as a G under Turner but played a solid game at C against the Titans last year. 
Reply/Quote
As far as TE goes it might come down to the Taylor fixation on 11 personnel and the overall lack of use of a TE, I question the value of drafting a TE on day 1 and even in the 2nd round.

Sample actually had a good catch % last season with 75.5% and he had 40 catches. But compared to a top flight WR, the TE just doesn't get used enough in Taylor's offense to make the position worth a high pick.

I really doubt they'll select Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:32 PM)yang Wrote: Have to admit it is looking like he is the pick.

(03-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Earendil Wrote: There's a lot of insults being thrown around on this site lately.  I get that we're all a little riled up, but for crying out loud we need to stop treating each other like we treat Browns fans.  Surely we can have these discussions without resorting to personal attacks.

Let's try to have some class people. You don't root for Cleveland, you root for Cincinnati!

Yes this ^^^^ I am not sure why some must argue or attack people for their opinion. We are all Bengals fans that want to see this team succeed and not one of us has any influence over who they draft. Just enjoy the what if’s and different view points. The attacks aren’t needed IMO. Never have understood it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoever we take, I just hope he gets a fair shot with the fans. It seems any time people set their heart on a prospect, they hate the player we take instead. If we take Pitts or Chase, I won't be happy about it, but I'll judge that player on his play...not because I'm butt-hurt I didn't get my guy.

Spot on. We will like be able to get at least one:

Sewell (my #1)
Pitts (my 2)
Chase

I will be thrilled and support and root like crazy for any of the three and a few others if we trade back and get more picks.

I do not fall in love with any 1 player normally (well I did Palmer and Burrow picks), but there were a consensus #1 pick overall in their draft.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 07:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: As far as TE goes it might come down to the Taylor fixation on 11 personnel and the overall lack of use of a TE, I question the value of drafting a TE on day 1 and even in the 2nd round.

Sample actually had a good catch % last season with 75.5% and he had 40 catches. But compared to a top flight WR, the TE just doesn't get used enough in Taylor's offense to make the position worth a high pick.

If Pitts was drafted by the Bengals I hope.ZT and.BC would 
Have the common.sense to line up Pitts all.over..
You draft Pitts to catch and create mismatches
Not to block. Thats Samples stock.and trade.
I.wasnt.too.impressed by Sample.
Easy to.catch 75% of.your targets when defenses arent keyong on.you and.your a checkdown.option at best
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 07:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: As far as TE goes it might come down to the Taylor fixation on 11 personnel and the overall lack of use of a TE, I question the value of drafting a TE on day 1 and even in the 2nd round.

Or maybe ZT did not have a Kyle Pitts talent at TE and he can catch 120 balls in 2021? A good coach will game plan for a great player, the Pitts team will game plan for the rookie. If he is healthy, he will be a 100 yard reception guy and 1100 yard player in 2021 is my humble opinion regardless of who is throwing to him.

But, I still take Sewell over him if both available

Reply/Quote
Definitely eases my mind knowing he checks these boxes.

Should be able to get a lot of value trading back with someone who wants a QB or one of these “generational” talents at WR or TE
Reply/Quote