Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I fit the description….
(09-26-2016, 01:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And by the way, the disdain pouring through the quote (paraphrased) "I'm not going to have a white woman come down and identify me.  I'm sorry, but it seems rather hypocritical to complain about being stopped because you were black, even though you fit the description, and then in your public rant, resort to profiling the witness.  Oh, she was white?  Yeah, you can't trust her.  Now let me get back to my point about how bad it is to profile people based on skin color...  I mean, what the actual ****?

He did not even know if she was white or black.  He is just such a big racist he assumed she was white.

Wonder what he would have done if a black woman showed up to ID him.
(09-26-2016, 01:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd be interested to see how your life experiences led you to such a conclusion and wonder what we could do to talk about and change it.

All without name calling.  Smirk

Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't have any criticism of their racist views at all.  In full GMDabo mode now.  I should start posting pics of paranoid parrot.
(09-25-2016, 10:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's called fitting a description. Guess what? It happens to white people too. Did you know that? White people fit descriptions too.   I'll grant you not as much because white people don't  commit as much crime but it still happens.

White people commit more crimes than black people.
(09-26-2016, 02:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't have any criticism of their racist views at all.  In full GMDabo mode now.  I should start posting pics of paranoid parrot.

Probably part of the problem when you respond.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2016, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: White people commit more crimes than black people.

Not relative to the percentage of the population they represent.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(09-26-2016, 02:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably part of the problem when you respond.

Actually, no.  Simply recall the list of posters I've had similar issues with, a small, and rather odious, minority of the total posters either here or at the other board.  Like I've said in the past, you're in great company.
(09-26-2016, 02:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, no.  Simply recall the list of posters I've had similar issues with, a small, and rather odious, minority of the total posters either here or at the other board.  Like I've said in the past, you're in great company.

I am flattered by your deep interest in me. 

Care to discuss anything other than how you "know" me 100% and therefore don't respond otherwise?

Or are you trying to get another thread closed due to personal tit for tat?

I'd prefer to discuss issues.
(09-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Not relative to the percentage of the population they represent.  Mellow

But that is not what Phil was talking about.  If more crimes are committed by white people then it is more likely that the description of the perpetrator would fit a white person.
(09-26-2016, 02:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: I am flattered by your deep interest in me.

I'm no more interested in you than I had in SLS, Dabo or GA9.

Quote:Care to discuss anything other than how you "know" me 100% and therefore don't respond otherwise?

I only know what you post here and on the other board and respond accordingly.

Quote:Or are you trying to get another thread closed due to personal tit for tat?

Interesting that you ignore your own culpability for this.

Quote:I'd prefer to discuss issues.

Then please do.
(09-26-2016, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that is not what Phil was talking about.  If more crimes are committed by white people then it is more likely that the description of the perpetrator would fit a white person.

Well if it was Murder or Robbery African Americans have a higher rate of committing said crimes, but in every other crime it would be more likely a White person did it based on the newest FBI crime statistics.
(09-26-2016, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that is not what Phil was talking about.  If more crimes are committed by white people then it is more likely that the description of the perpetrator would fit a white person.
I meant what Au pointed out but honestly, I said that mainly to get a rise out of Dino which, to his credit, he ignored.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
(09-25-2016, 11:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: take his word that he wasn't the criminal they were looking for.
Classic Jedi Mind Trick fail. Must be Toydarian. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-26-2016, 01:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  That's exactly what I meant.  Witnesses shouldn't be able to identify the accused.  Yes indeed. Mellow

Just tired of people ignoring other people's life experiences.  The responses here just show it more and more.

Doesn't have to be the police did anything wrong.  Doesn't have to be they could have done anything different.  One guy wrote about his very personal experience and how he affected his thought process.

I guess it doesn't matter since he did everything right and lived.

He based it all on the assumption that because he was black, he was going to get railroaded. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I've really appreciated the honesty in this thread.
The majority of us had the ability to sit back and dissect this particular situation, without influence from other incidents or defense of our past opinions.
Good show, gang !

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-27-2016, 12:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've really appreciated the honesty in this thread.

The majority of us had the ability to sit back and dissect this particular situation, without influence from other incidents or defense of our past opinions.

Rep.
(09-25-2016, 10:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Our system isn't perfect but do you have a better one? Maybe only arrest people that are caught in the act? Let criminals go free because sometimes witnesses are wrong?

No? The few times I've been pulled over by the police I've been nervous. But I'm not black so I guess that matters some reason.

If you're black and have done nothing wrong and you're that scared of police, you're a moron that falls for all the crap that's spewed in the media.

It's called fitting a description. Guess what? It happens to white people too. Did you know that? White people fit descriptions too.   I'll grant you not as much because white people don't  commit as much crime but it still happens.

Yeah! Stupid police looking for a criminal. How dare they stop someone who matches the description of the criminal. Clearly they should've stopped everyone regardless of race, gender, out clothing.  Rolleyes

By the guy's  own words, the police didn't mistreat this guy. Heck,they didn't even force him to go to the witness but had the witness come to him.

And yet here you are complaining.

And all but maybe one of those, the person would still be alive if they fully cooperated with police. Thanks again for proving the point.

Except the witness came and did NOT ID him as the perpetrator and the guy spent zero time in jail. Soooooooo bullshit point is bullshit?

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Pretty much.

I'm biracial and live in an area in Iowa where the tension between the black community and cops are on the rise.

Despite that, I only get pissed at cops when they ticket me.

Then again, I try to look at things on a case by case basis and try to apply logic to anything and everything sooooooo.
(09-29-2016, 01:27 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Pretty much.

I'm biracial and live in an area in Iowa where the tension between the black community and cops are on the rise.

Despite that, I only get pissed at cops when they ticket me.

Then again, I try to look at things on a case by case basis and try to apply logic to anything and everything sooooooo.

That's all a lot of us want.

Some look at each case and say "Eh, what are you gonna do?" and blow it off no matter what.