Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North
(03-12-2019, 02:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Browns will own the division they actually care about spending money and winning.

Except the Bengals spent about $20 million more cash on players last year than the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:48 PM)HuDey Wrote: They are making much more of an effort to win than we are lately.....Can you deny that?

I don't trust the Browns offensive line any more than I trust ours, and if we're going to fly off the handle at the Bengals for hiring an unproven head coach you have to do the same for the Browns.

I'm not throwing them a parade yet just because they've done more in 24 hours of free agency than us, no.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The team that hasn't had a winning season in 12 years cares about winning? Yeah ok...

The inevitable failure of the Browns to meet preseason expectations is one of the non-Bengals storylines I'm most looking forward to for next season.

The Bengals of the 90s didn't even string together 12 straight losing seasons!

Right? All the talk of the Browns year in and year out is annoying af. Like dude, they've had 1 winning season in like 25 years. LMAO. How many winning teams did they beat last year? I straight tune out anyone who starts using the Browns as a model of how to build a winner.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While Ravens and Steelers fans are annoying, there isn't anything worse than a Browns fan when the Browns are winning. Insufferable!

There was not a more annoying game to attend last year than the Browns game. They were like Steelers fans if Steelers fans never actually had anything to brag about.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:44 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I straight tune out anyone who starts using the Browns as a model of how to build a winner.

They have such a good business model that ESPN posted an absolutely eviscerating and hilarious in depth look at their approach. Truly something all teams should aspire to.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't trust the Browns offensive line any more than I trust ours, and if we're going to fly off the handle at the Bengals for hiring an unproven head coach you have to do the same for the Browns.

I'm not throwing them a parade yet just because they've done more in 24 hours of free agency than us, no.

The Browns had a Top 5 offensive line last year. We had a bottom 5 one.

Now they lost Zeitler so I don't know how that will impact them.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:44 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Right? All the talk of the Browns year in and year out is annoying af. Like dude, they've had 1 winning season in like 25 years. LMAO. How many winning teams did they beat last year? I straight tune out anyone who starts using the Browns as a model of how to build a winner.

It's like the 76ers in the NBA. They were horrible on purpose for years...and stockpiled draftpicks...then eventually hit the right formula.

It better lead to playoff wins or was it worth it?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:51 AM)impactplaya Wrote: you know whats most discouraging about the Bengals state of affairs?
this franchise has a golden oppurtunity to close the gap on the rest of the North and I see no mindset to take advantage.

The Ravens are going to lose Mosely and Suggs soon.
argubally their 2 best players on defense.
defense has been a identity in Bmore for so long so.
they are gambling on a QB gettting better with his downfield reads.
is this a playoff team in 2019....probally not

the Steelers losses are well documented.
AB gone..Jesse James gone. Tomlin on the hot seat to win.

the Browns are in attack mode..they want to win the North now.

and how to the.Bengals respond.?
not even attempting to look at Mosely.
serious upgrade at LB while you weaken a rival.
the Bengals are in their own world of being scared to seize the moment.
for once act like you want to claim the North today and not
3 years from now.
[quote pid='690475' dateline='1552395082']

This is why I'm thinking very hard about quitting the Bengals franchise. I've be in hell for 30 yrs. They will never change. I want to win a super bowl and Cincinnati won't give me that. I've been a Alabama and Lakers fan all my life and they give me championships. But I fell in love with Cincinnati at the age of 11 I'm 42 now. Hope Cincinnati gives you guys what you want. I don't think I can stay a Bengals fan. Good luck guys
[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll deny that.

Both teams are making the same effort.  They just have different strategies.

Maybe. Though I question the amount of effort it takes to employ our “strategy”.
Reply/Quote
Surely people are not comparing us to the Browns and saying that they are interested in winning, A team that has has 2 winning seasons in 21 years.
A team that has had 5 first round picks in the last 2 years, 10 first round picks in the last 5.
I know its hard that we have lost the last 3 seasons and it might take Zac a year or 2 to get things right but all we need to see is an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't trust the Browns offensive line any more than I trust ours, and if we're going to fly off the handle at the Bengals for hiring an unproven head coach you have to do the same for the Browns.

I’m talking in terms of roster management and finding ways to upgrade the roster. There is no guarantee that what they are doing will pan out but at least it looks like they are trying.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:54 PM)HuDey Wrote: I’m talking in terms of roster management and finding ways to upgrade the roster. There is no guarantee that what they are doing will pan out but at least it looks like they are trying.

Last offseason the Bengals were definitely trying - they traded for a starting LT and signed the league leader in tackles at LB. I'm not ready to say the Bengals aren't trying after a mere 24 hours of free agency this year... give them some time.

I also think it's fair to point out that unlike all of the other teams in the division, the Bengals aren't losing any of their best players. You don't pay Atkins and Dunlap last year if you're not making an effort to succeed.
Reply/Quote
Otherwise known as the gloom and doom thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The 5 1st round draft picks in the last 2 seasons have certainly helped them upgrade the roster
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Last offseason the Bengals were definitely trying - they traded for a starting LT and signed the league leader in tackles at LB. I'm not ready to say the Bengals aren't trying after a mere 24 hours of free agency this year... give them some time.

I also think it's fair to point out that unlike all of the other teams in the division, the Bengals aren't losing any of their best players. You don't pay Atkins and Dunlap last year if you're not making an effort to succeed.

Spot on
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Last offseason the Bengals were definitely trying - they traded for a starting LT and signed the league leader in tackles at LB. I'm not ready to say the Bengals aren't trying after a mere 24 hours of free agency this year... give them some time.

Last off-season was a step in the right direction, though Glenn is only average at LT and Brown is not much better at LB. They were both upgrades so that’s a positive.

As for the Atkins and Dunlap signings, they show an effort to remain the same. The upgrades that they make in addition to that will indicate their effort to improve the roster.
Reply/Quote
The browns have a real GM it’s showing all they needed was a ab and now look at them
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Didnt the Browns just give Greg Robinson a 1 year 7mil contract to be their left tackle?

Browns will win the division and their general manager,dorsey is a stud.That team is going to own the afcn for years.we are going NOWHERE.Again we are picking up the chicken bones after all the well managed teams get the studs and we go after dudes that are 30 plus and pass their prime.ITs nuts.is their a disease in the bldg. that causes this.How stupid.We are going to lose so many games,I could easily see us at same as 2018 with only 6 wins MAYBE.OUR  defense is awlful and our O line is awlful,cannot win ANYTHING without addressing the lines.That is football 101
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except the Bengals spent about $20 million more cash on players last year than the Browns.

On trash
Reply/Quote
I get it. The Browns have been building a pretty good team over the years ( how can ya not) with all the draft picks they had. They see the rest of the division getting weaker, Pitt falling apart, Balt losing players and betting on the young QB and finally the Bengals being the Bengals. So yea the Browns feel they can win now and they may have last year if Hue was not there to start the season. But I do get the frustration of seeing a team like the Browns going all out to do whatever it takes to win while we resign Hart and sit on our thumbs.

This team needs to shit or get off the pot. I convinced this is a test drive year for Taylor. Not a rebuild but not an all in ready to contend for a SB or even the div. We are officially in football purgatory. It's frustrating seeing some of these guys that can help us go to other teams but what would they really bring to the table here. I'm not convinced Dalton can win a SB no matter what players we surround him with. Will he be a different QB under the new coach, who knows. So I'm not going to get all bent out of shape for our lack of FA moves while we're in this wait and see mode. Sucks but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote