Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate Madden 16
Just a heads up that not only does Big Ben do the voiceovers on the menus but you're also tasked with helping the Steelers win Super Bowl 50 in the intro.

I'm playng Tecmo Bowl this year.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:29 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Just a heads up that not only does Big Ben do the voices of the menus but you're are tasked with helping the Steelers win Super Bowl 50 i the intro.

I'm playng Tecmo Bowl this year.

Wow, if that ain't some kind of propaganda bullshit...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Haha, I was fully expecting this post to be about complaining how a Bengals player is ranked too low!

So what if you refuse to help the Steelers on the intro?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, if that ain't some kind of propaganda bullshit...

Yeah I am pretty pissed off that I paid $5 for EA Access for it and now that I am through the horrible intro I can only play as the Steelers or the Cardinals.

I hate the Steelers and Carson Palmjob.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:43 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Haha, I was fully expecting this post to be about complaining how a Bengals player is ranked too low!

So what if you refuse to help the Steelers on the intro?

Pretty much what I did. 

Then you're reminded that you failed and should try again.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:45 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Yeah I am pretty pissed off that I paid $5 for EA Access for it and now that I am through the horrible intro I can only play as the Steelers or the Cardinals.

I can play as any team. Literally just played as the bengals against the packers (my brothers team). Have you bought madden or just ea access?
Reply/Quote
They have a lot of players way underrated on Madden 16. Marvin Jones is like 78 wtf.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 12:13 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I can play as any team. Literally just played as the bengals against the packers (my brothers team). Have you bought madden or just ea access?

Just EA access. Picking up a physical copy Tuesday.
Reply/Quote
That agressive catch is ridiculoud with aj
Reply/Quote
It's Madden. Since 2k5, it's sucked.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 12:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They have a lot of players way underrated on Madden 16. Marvin Jones is like 78 wtf.

Haha.  God what  a hilarious post.  I pray you are 11 years old and not a grown man.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:45 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Yeah I am pretty pissed off that I paid $5 for EA Access for it and now that I am through the horrible intro I can only play as the Steelers or the Cardinals.

Yo dude I was at first too but you have to let the download finish. then you can play your full 10 hours as the Bengals.

All of that aside. There are things I hate about this game.

Let me give a disclaimer first. I am a long time Maddener. I have played Madden for 15+ years and have always been great at it.

Due to focusing on getting my degree, I put Madden aside a few years ago the year we drafted Gio.

Madden has changed immensely since then, and I find it so much harder to play.

I played a season as the Bengals on my ea access 10 hours, and after turning the difficulty down to all pro (I usually play all madden... or used to anwyays) I still found the game very difficult. Also, it seems buggy in how you accumulate stats. Every game I played (I was 5-3 when my time ran up), the scores were very low. Jeremy Hill would get 30-60 yards a game, if that and Dalton would throw for 100 yards. We would hold the opponent under 100 yards and the game would end up like 7-3. Maybe I just suck at the new Madden, but it felt slow and boring.

As for the Steeler love... there is soooo much of it it IS annoying as hell. When I met them in my season they were 7-0 :snark: , I was 3-3 and beat them at least.

It's a good game the more that I play it, but I think it definitely has issues as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 01:18 AM)Benton Wrote: It's Madden. Since 2k5, it's sucked.

This right here. It's sad that the best football game to date was made in 2005 (I.e. ESPN NFL 2K5)

EA is atrocious compared to 2K (2K NFL, NCAA and NBA games were far superior to EA in every way for the first portion of the millennium). EA has gotten far too lazy with no competition for Madden.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 03:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: This right here. It's sad that the best football game to date was made in 2005 (I.e. ESPN NFL 2K5)

EA is atrocious compared to 2K (2K NFL, NCAA and NBA games were far superior to EA in every way for the first portion of the millennium). EA has gotten far too lazy with no competition for Madden.

Exactly. EA can shove it where the sun don't shine. I was a loyal madden plAyer for many years but the game just isn't anywhere close to where it should be.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 03:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: This right here. It's sad that the best football game to date was made in 2005 (I.e. ESPN NFL 2K5)

EA made a much better baseball game, but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 02:48 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yo dude I was at first too but you have to let the download finish. then you can play your full 10 hours as the Bengals.

All of that aside. There are things I hate about this game.

Let me give a disclaimer first. I am a long time Maddener. I have played Madden for 15+ years and have always been great at it.

Due to focusing on getting my degree, I put Madden aside a few years ago the year we drafted Gio.

Madden has changed immensely since then, and I find it so much harder to play.

I played a season as the Bengals on my ea access 10 hours, and after turning the difficulty down to all pro (I usually play all madden... or used to anwyays) I still found the game very difficult. Also, it seems buggy in how you accumulate stats. Every game I played (I was 5-3 when my time ran up), the scores were very low. Jeremy Hill would get 30-60 yards a game, if that and Dalton would throw for 100 yards. We would hold the opponent under 100 yards and the game would end up like 7-3. Maybe I just suck at the new Madden, but it felt slow and boring.

As for the Steeler love... there is soooo much of it it IS annoying as hell. When I met them in my season they were 7-0 :snark: , I was 3-3 and beat them at least.

It's a good game the more that I play it, but I think it definitely has issues as well.

The stat issue is based on clock and accelerated clock. Play around with those and you will find a time that yields good stats. As for the difficulty, that is probably a rust problem. I play in a league with 31 other guys online, we play all-madden, and I still average 21-40ish points a game. We play year round release to release though, so I am at the point when I look at a defense I basically see the play art over top of it, Ha.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: The stat issue is based on clock and accelerated clock. Play around with those and you will find a time that yields good stats. As for the difficulty, that is probably a rust problem. I play in a league with 31 other guys online, we play all-madden, and I still average 21-40ish points a game. We play year round release to release though, so I am at the point when I look at a defense I basically see the play art over top of it, Ha.

most of it is indeed rust. But should I really consider turning the quarters up to 12 minutes? Seems absurd for a Madden game, but it would definitely make it more realistic... I just don't like having one drive take up a whole ***** quarter if I'm playing smart... So the game forces me to take risks to feel like im actually moving the ball at a normal pace lol
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 12:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They have a lot of players way underrated on Madden 16. Marvin Jones is like 78 wtf.

I'm sure he turns into a 99 when he plays a punchless Jets team, though. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 12:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: most of it is indeed rust. But should I really consider turning the quarters up to 12 minutes? Seems absurd for a Madden game, but it would definitely make it more realistic... I just don't like having one drive take up a whole ***** quarter if I'm playing smart... So the game forces me to take risks to feel like im actually moving the ball at a normal pace lol

We run 7 minutes no accelerated clock and our stats mirror NFL stats.
Reply/Quote

78 sounds about right for a WR who has one decent season in three years.

To the OP, I haven't bought a new Madden since '12, and I'm never surprised when people say they're disappointed with the new Madden every year.

I just download the new rosters for '12 for free and avoid paying $60 for garbage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote