Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have bad news for you
(10-13-2016, 04:01 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Coaching and schemes on both sides of the ball. Anybody here think Zimmer would have taken this very same team into Dallas and gotten blowed out in this same fashion? Bellichick? Del Rio? Hugh Jackson? Save for last week, Cleveland has been in every game, you think their talent is better than ours? Me neither.

Jack Del Rio?  The guy who has three winning seasons in 10 years as a head coach?

Hue Jackson?  The guy who has NEVER had a winning season as a head coach?  The Browns are not only 0-5, but they have been outscored by 61 points and no other team has been outscored by more than 50.

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke post?
Reply/Quote
I really don't think Hue was that good when he was here. Browns can have him. Zimmer is our lost gem. If Mikey could have released his sticky centerfold of Marvin long enough to realize that, we would be 5-0 right now. However, you know what the bible says about worshipping false idols. So now we are stuck in football purgatory.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:  If Mikey could have released his sticky centerfold of Marvin long enough to realize that, we would be 5-0 right now. 

You have no way of knowing this.

Mike Zimmer only has ONE 5-0 start in his entire head coaching career.  You guys act like he has already won a couple of Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I really don't think Hue was that good when he was here. Browns can have him. Zimmer is our lost gem. If Mikey could have released his sticky centerfold of Marvin long enough to realize that, we would be 5-0 right now. However, you know what the bible says about worshipping false idols. So now we are stuck in football purgatory.
Hue stoked the fire in the offense. He may not be a good HC but he was a helluva OC. I wish he was still here. Better than the stale Zampese calls.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:34 AM)Utts Wrote: We do not have a coaching problem, but the coaching could be better.

We don't have an attitude or motivational problem either.

This is a talent problem. We are getting whipped in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. You can scheme around your weaknesses to a point. However, our problems appear to be bad enough, that schemes cannot overcome them.

The window has closed. It was fun while it lasted. Time to think about how this team rebuilds. Might be time to let Marvin retire, and go get Vance Joesph to come home and rebuild. We still have some core players with plenty of time left, so I could see us being a playoff team again in 2018. Maybe 2017 with some bold moves, and a little luck.

6-10 this season.

Bold moves? A little luck?

Do you know that you are talking about the Cincinnati Bengals who are owned by Mike Brown?

Reply/Quote
Too soon to throw in the towel, ye of little faith.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I really don't think Hue was that good when he was here. Browns can have him. Zimmer is our lost gem. If Mikey could have released his sticky centerfold of Marvin long enough to realize that, we would be 5-0 right now. However, you know what the bible says about worshipping false idols. So now we are stuck in football purgatory.

We sorely miss Hue. We were fine last season without Zimmer. We went started 8-0, and won the division. Now all of a sudden our offense is anemic. Ofc there's other factors (missing Eifert, Jones, new RT, etc) but there's no denying there's been a big drop off from Hue to Zamp.

Reply/Quote
For those of you who are clamoring for a coaching change.  Give me some names to replace Marvin. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Yes and no. Yes we clearly have talent issues at C and RT and it's clearly costing us. No because we were still flat out-coached against Dallas. We had zero answers for the cover 2 zone, and nothing has been done scheme-wise to help alleviate the pressure. Plus our defensive players were utterly confused against Dallas. With all the smart veterans that litter our defense, there's no excuse for that. Especially when they had 10 days to prepare for that game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: For those of you who are clamoring for a coaching change.  Give me some names to replace Marvin. 

Marv apologists have been saying this for years and laughed off the Mike Zimmer suggestion. Said he was too old and never got a shot for a reason. How does that look now?

I'd take Sean Payton if he gets fired. Vance Joseph was respected here. There's always good candidates who are coordinators for successful teams. 

Todd Haley - Steelers OC
Harold Goodwin - Cardinals OC
Anthony Lynn - Bills RB coach/Asst HC
Doug Marrone - Jaguars
Sean McDermott - Panthers DC
Mike "much better than Dave" Shula - Panthers OC
Jim Schwartz - Eagles DC

...and many, many other candidates
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: For those of you who are clamoring for a coaching change.  Give me some names to replace Marvin. 

Please God tell me that this post is not indicative of a: "well we may end up hiring someone worse than Marv so we should just stick with him.." mindset.  

I've had it with fans who subscribe to this way of thinking. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We sorely miss Hue. We were fine last season without Zimmer. We went started 8-0, and won the division. Now all of a sudden our offense is anemic. Ofc there's other factors (missing Eifert, Jones, new RT, etc) but there's no denying there's been a big drop off from Hue to Zamp.

We lost several key players too. Hall, Nelson, Sanu, Jones, Andre, Burfict for a few games, and Eifert completely so far.

Plus Hue and Jay Hayes leaving ! D-line has not looked the same at all. Offense either for that matter. 

Tough to lose all that and have chemistry immediately. They will have to develop it shortly or the season will be lost though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I've had it with fans who subscribe to this way of thinking. 

And I am sick of people who think change just for the sake of change fixes anything.

Some people think we have a better chance going with someone who does not have as good of a track record as Marvin.  They might be correcty or they might be wrong.

Other people think that Marvins proven ability to beat the best teams in the league over the last 3 years makes him the best candidate to bring us success.  they might be correct or they might be wrong.

Neither side has the right to claim they 100% know exactly what needs to be done.  And neither side has the right to accuse the other of "accepting mediocrity".  EVERYONE HER wants to win.  We just disagree on what is the best way to achieve this.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I am sick of people who think change just for the sake of change fixes anything.

Some people think we have a better chance going with someone who does not have as good of a track record as Marvin.  They might be correcty or they might be wrong.

Other people think that Marvins proven ability to beat the best teams in the league over the last 3 years makes him the best candidate to bring us success.  they might be correct or they might be wrong.

Neither side has the right to claim they 100% know exactly what needs to be done.  And neither side has the right to accuse the other of "accepting mediocrity".  EVERYONE HER wants to win.  We just disagree on what is the best way to achieve this.

0-7 in the payoffs fred.  13 seasons.  Fans want to win at a high level, not just  regular season afternoon games, which it seems he can't even do that anymore.  If fans think Marvin is the guy to win at such a level, then they need to stop thinking that because it's irrational.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:14 PM)JumboTron Wrote: 0-7 in the payoffs fred.  13 seasons.  Fans want to win at a high level, not just  regular season afternoon games, which it seems he can't even do that anymore.  If fans think Marvin is the guy to win at such a level, then they need to stop thinking that because it's irrational.

Irrational is thinking someone else is going to come along, walk in and be a better coach than what we already have and......AND (here's the kicker, better pay attention)......and get along with our ownership. For better or worse, Mike, Katie, etc like Marvin. Unless Marvin absolutely tanks the rest of the year, he's not going anywhere.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv apologists have been saying this for years and laughed off the Mike Zimmer suggestion. Said he was too old and never got a shot for a reason. How does that look now?

I'd take Sean Payton if he gets fired. Vance Joseph was respected here. There's always good candidates who are coordinators for successful teams. 

Todd Haley - Steelers OC
Harold Goodwin - Cardinals OC
Anthony Lynn - Bills RB coach/Asst HC
Doug Marrone - Jaguars
Sean McDermott - Panthers DC
Mike "much better than Dave" Shula - Panthers OC
Jim Schwartz - Eagles DC

...and many, many other candidates

Wasn't Haley, Marrone, and Schwartz already head coaches somewhere? Must be a reason they are back to being coordinators.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:23 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Irrational is thinking someone else is going to come along, walk in and be a better coach than what we already have and......AND (here's the kicker, better pay attention)......and get along with our ownership.  For better or worse, Mike, Katie, etc like Marvin.  Unless Marvin absolutely tanks the rest of the year, he's not going anywhere.

Actually, irrational would be thinking that Marvin is suddenly going to turn into a post season expert.  0-7, worst post season record in NFL history.  Is it guaranteed that he won't win multiple Super Bowls?  No, it is not, but nothing in his background suggests he is capable of it either.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:23 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Irrational is thinking someone else is going to come along, walk in and be a better coach than what we already have and......AND (here's the kicker, better pay attention)......and get along with our ownership.  For better or worse, Mike, Katie, etc like Marvin.  Unless Marvin absolutely tanks the rest of the year, he's not going anywhere.

Yep, I fully understand the hurdle that is our ownership.  But Marvin, to me and most, has proven he ain't the guy.  Sadly, I also agree unless a full-blown collapse takes place Lewis will be on the sidelines in 2017.  Shame.  This city and fans deserve so much better than Giggles.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:27 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Wasn't Haley, Marrone, and Schwartz already head coaches somewhere?  Must be a reason they are back to being coordinators.

1. Their stock is back up, and new opportunities may produce different results.
2. There are other candidates besides those 3. I listed quite a few.
3. Schwartz and Marrone had as much success early as Marv did early in his career.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:01 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Coaching and schemes on both sides of the ball. Anybody here think Zimmer would have taken this very same team into Dallas and gotten blowed out in this same fashion? Bellichick? Del Rio? Hugh Jackson? Save for last week, Cleveland has been in every game, you think their talent is better than ours? Me neither.

I think this much is evident when you look at the last team we beat with a current winning record. I mean I had I had track this to a week 8 win vs the Ravens in 2014 when they was 5-3! 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote