Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I have never seen so many
God forbid we criticize a draft pick! Mods: Start banning people who make fun of Vigil!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:00 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: God forbid we criticize a draft pick!  Mods:  Start banning people who make fun of Vigil!

Mods don't need to worry. People who make fun of Nick Vigil need to worry.
Reply/Quote
I have Nick Vigil penciled in as a starter.

In the final preseason game vs. Indy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The issue is taking him before you needed to.  Why jump the gun?

What makes you think they did that?  Because some draft magazine had him rated lower?

Billings was rated as a 1st rounder in most circles.

Just goes to show you that the coaches and GMs don't always match up with the media.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 09:41 PM)jason Wrote: I have Nick Vigil penciled in as a starter.

In the final preseason game vs. Indy.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:17 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I have never seen so many NFL quality General Managers, Coaches and Scouts out of work and what's really crazy is that they are Bengals fans.

The Bengals pick a kid in the third that you all don't like so rather than attack the Bengals organization, you attack the kid?

Real classy.

Maybe the mods should have a little chat with some of you.

I'll flip it back to when draft was always in New York, and I thought it was stupid how Jets fans would boo some of their picks each year.....If the Bengals coaches and scouts didn't want this guy, they wouldn't have drafted him. Theses scouts and coaches were closer to these players than we were. .....I'll say this : He is a Bengal, we want play-off wins, so I hope this pick and most of our picks work out. .......These draft report magazines and such are a bunch of crap anyway. I remember they said Joe Montana had no arm and wasn't worth drafting.    .......This kid is now a Bengal, so lets root him and the team on to Super Bowl. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Jury is out on Vigil. But I will say that if rounds 3 and 4 had gone Billings then Vigil I'd be satisfied.

I think some people just can't stand success and always look for something to complain about. .
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched Iloka in college, he was good. Stood out on the field. I watched the guy the Ravens took from BSU this year (correa), not a standout, dumb pick by them. Watched Boise State play against Utah St, and never noticed this guy... so I'm not sure what that means, but I'm nervous lol.
It may mean you weren't watching close enough as he had a minimum of nine tackles i every game last year (the only linebacker in the draft to do that). And he had 14 in the game you watched.
Reply/Quote
I've teased the pick for fun, but honestly I don't hate the pick. Vigil was very productive at Utah St.

Would I have preferred someone else? Sure, but I'm keeping an open mind about it. He could wind up being Maualuga's heir apparent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Our Bengal LB Nick Vigil is just a young guy who happens to be an excellent football player.........he has played his heart out for 15+ years to get to this spot..........not his fault grown men who disagree with the pick attack him on a message board.

Stat of the day..............only 3200 people on this earth are on NFL rosters after UDA's sign...........approx. 100 per team.

The odds look like this:

3200/6500000000

Young Nick is about to sign a contract and will make more in 10 yrs than we will make in 10 or more lifetimes.

Not too shabby.............hope he gains some muscle, has a long injury free career and helps us win a freakin' ring !

Go Nick Vigil Go
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OP shed some tears because we criticized the pick, welcome to a sports forum bud.
Reply/Quote
I can't look at him while he's rockin that rat tail
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone was making fun of the kid. I think they were making fun of the pick in general and that he was kind of off the radar, one thing led to another and it became a tongue-in-cheek reaction. No one in here is belittling anyone's character or the person that they are. I think most of us find think that the Vigil kid could be a hilarious character on this team and someone we can root for.

I think all of us put in our mock drafts and like to play GM, but my god, it's alright to have a little fun every once in a while and make some jokes. Quit taking everything so seriously.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We were doing so well taking BPA in the first round and a good player for need in the 2nd. Then for reasons best known to Sherlock Holmes we go and have one of the bigger reaches of the draft to this point. Granted, it wasn't as "reachy" as the Jets taking Hackenberg in the 2nd but still very "reachy".

i read  sources that had him possible middle 4th round, so don;t think was just a reach pick ... especially if you pass you have a whole round to wait.. they did not think he would be available and liked him too much to pass.. just after he was taken, Packers took another LB from utah state.. some think they would have taken Vigil instead if available... 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:06 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I don't think anyone was making fun of the kid. I think they were making fun of the pick in general and that he was kind of off the radar, one thing led to another and it became a tongue-in-cheek reaction. No one in here is belittling anyone's character or the person that they are. I think most of us find think that the Vigil kid could be a hilarious character on this team and someone we can root for.

I think all of us put in our mock drafts and like to play GM, but my god, it's alright to have a little fun every once in a while and make some jokes. Quit taking everything so seriously.

Some of you obviously didn't read the thread "Welcome Nick Vigil" by Godfather where the very first post he wrote was "Who's **** did you suck to get picked in the third round?" People actually thought it was funny and encouraged this type of behavior. Very distasteful and since then deleted (thread still open though) along with my post, not so nicely, calling him out on it.
Most of us don't mind someone not liking the pick, hell I even scratched my head wondering WTF, but to be completely rude like that is not okay. He did nothing to deserve this type of response.if you don't like his play, fine, but don't get personal. You have a problem with the team pick take shots at the club not the person. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
We are loading up on tackle machines il like it
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:14 AM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Some of you obviously didn't read the thread "Welcome Nick Vigil" by Godfather where the very first post he wrote was "Who's **** did you suck to get picked in the third round?" People actually thought it was funny and encouraged this type of behavior. Very distasteful and since then deleted (thread still open though) along with my post, not so nicely, calling him out on it.
Most of us don't mind someone not liking the pick, hell I even scratched my head wondering WTF, but to be completely rude like that is not okay. He did nothing to deserve this type of response.if you don't like his play, fine, but don't get personal. You have a problem with the team pick take shots at the club not the person. Just my opinion.

Not just your opinion. Mine as well. The thread you referenced was as classless as I've seen on a Bengals message board. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  He was talking about an imaginary board in his own head.

[Image: nz0BNW0.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 10:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We are loading up on tackle machines   il like it

Def could be another Landon Johnson.

And I'm totally stoked by that.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:42 PM)Element Wrote: OP shed some tears because we criticized the pick, welcome to a sports forum bud.

Critizing the Bengals for making the pick when and where they did is fine.

Critizing a young player for no reason is not.
Reply/Quote