Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Pratts boasting isnt forgot next season
(01-04-2021, 02:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Well Fred it could not have been the 78 to 80 seasons cause this team was never close to playoff contention in those 3 years.
In fact SI ran a story on that 79 team with a photo of Homer Rice Paul Brown and Ken Anderson together and it was titled something like  "The Bengals Bungles" 

I believe it was the '81 Super Bowl season.

But the fact is that I have heard hundreds of Bengal players over the years be positive and claim we are going to win games.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Lets all admit this was a bad use of a 3rd rounder. He is back up material at best.

No he isn't.  This year he had 89 tackles and led the team in Tackles For Loss despite playing less than 2/3rds of the snaps on defense.  He only had 9 missed tackles in 16 games.  

(01-04-2021, 02:40 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Pratt is hot garbage.  The steeler game was the only game in his career where he looked like a competent NFL LB. 

Not true.  In back-to-back games at the end of last season against New England and Miami he had 16 solo tackles (21 total) and 3 Tackles For Loss despite playing less than 3/4ths of the snaps on defense.  Opening day this year he had 8 solo tackles (12 total) again while playing less than 3/4ths of the defensive snaps.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe it was the '81 Super Bowl season.

But the fact is that I have heard hundreds of Bengal players over the years be positive and claim we are going to win games.

It one thing to predict a win when you know you have a really 
Good chance to win the divison 

It's another when a player  states it and your team is 6-24-1
Over the last 2 years and you are not even in the top 3-lbers
In your own division. 

In that case say nothing and just do your job. Cause trust me 
I hope Pratt get some competition at his position next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.  This year he had 89 tackles and led the team in Tackles For Loss despite playing less than 2/3rds of the snaps on defense.  He only had 9 missed tackles in 16 games.  

Not true.  In back-to-back games at the end of last season against New England and Miami he had 16 solo tackles (21 total) and 3 Tackles For Loss despite playing less than 3/4ths of the snaps on defense.  Opening day this year he had 8 solo tackles (12 total) again while playing less than 3/4ths of the defensive snaps.

Why do you always quote Pratt tackle statistics?  Tackle statistics are about as meaningless as it gets when evaluating a player.  You can lead the league in tackles and still be garbage.  IE Preston Brown. 
Reply/Quote