Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black monday is coming
(01-03-2021, 11:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I suspect the end to Darnold as well. I see Fields as the next Jets QB and we play the Jets next year so I sure hope if he is starting for them the OSU homers still root for us.

Something tells me Darnold will be a Patriot next year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I suspect the end to Darnold as well. I see Fields as the next Jets QB and we play the Jets next year so I sure hope if he is starting for them the OSU homers still root for us.

I'm a Buckeyes fan and I have zero problem separating the NFL and College. When the Bengals are playing I don't give a damn what college you played for if you ain't a Bengal you're the enemy. 

Now will I root for former Buckeyes to do well ? sure - when they're not playing the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gase is gone:
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-firing-jets-official-20210104-dwpu4gw2j5haxf3q5cy5fs2c4i-story.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=2021-01-03-Jets-fire-coach

So the Jets are probably going QB at 2 now.

If I'm a new head coach taking over that disaster, probably not going to count on Darnold to help me win games.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So the Jets are probably going QB at 2 now.

If I'm a new head coach taking over that disaster, probably not going to count on Darnold to help me win games.

Hard to say. I don't thin their GM is going anywhere and I think a big selling factor for a HC will be one that says:"I can win with Darnold"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Gase is out with a 9-23 record. Zac is not yet out with a 6-25-1 record. Just an observation.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm a Buckeyes fan and I have zero problem separating the NFL and College. When the Bengals are playing I don't give a damn what college you played for if you ain't a Bengal you're the enemy. 

Now will I root for former Buckeyes to do well ? sure - when they're not playing the Bengals

Pfft... The fella that posted that claimed he enjoyed watching and rooting for the Browns earlier this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:59 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Gase is out with a 9-23 record.  Zac is not yet out with a 6-25-1 record. Just an observation.

Was just going to post that.He lasted only 2 years.Same amount of time Taylor has had.Hope Zac is gone Monday,but i doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:04 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: Was just going to post that.He lasted only 2 years.Same amount of time Taylor has had.Hope Zac is gone Monday,but i doubt it.

I'm sure Mike Brown will be thinking/ making an argument of "stability" at the coaching position is very important.  Stability is nice when it's trending in the right direction,  but not so much when it's trending in the Dave Shula direction. But then again Mike is a master of cherrypicking arguments without sticking to the spirit behind them.  Just like model model when it comes to not being aggressive in getting top tier FAs from other teams (just like Pitt), but not getting enough scouts and having a competent non family GM (unlike Pitt). I say that with full awareness that they did indeed venture out of their penny pinching ways to get high level FAs from other teens in the 2019 off-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hard to say. I don't thin their GM is going anywhere and I think a big selling factor for a HC will be one that says:"I can win with Darnold"

Poor poor guy...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:59 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Gase is out with a 9-23 record.  Zac is not yet out with a 6-25-1 record. Just an observation.

The protest worked!
Reply/Quote
Black Monday is here.
Don’t know if I should periodically check the news or just read it all after it’s over.
Reply/Quote
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
#FireZac
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hard to say. I don't thin their GM is going anywhere and I think a big selling factor for a HC will be one that says:"I can win with Darnold"

Joe Douglass didn't draft Darnold so I am not sure there is much allegiance there.
Reply/Quote
They can replace the entire staff but at the end of the day without better players on OL and DL we will never be in a position to compete for a championship.
Reply/Quote
#SackZac
#SackTaylor
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 05:51 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The protest worked!

This isn't much of a protest as much as realism.  For it to be a protest the party being protested would have to be present and aware. Since that's not the case,  this is just resignation towards a poor reality. 

WTS,
If it's brown flush it down
If it's Zac,  throw it back
If it's Lou,  if smells like poo
If it's Turner,  toss it like a burner
If it's Tobin,  ditch it cause it's no win
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:21 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: This isn't much of a protest as much as realism.  For it to be a protest the party being protested would have to be present and aware. Since that's not the case,  this is just resignation towards a poor reality. 

WTS,
If it's brown flush it down
If it's Zac,  throw it back
If it's Lou,  if smells like poo
If it's Turner,  toss it like a burner
If it's Tobin,  ditch it cause it's no win

I was talking about the lame protest a group Jets fans did early in the season
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:03 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I was talking about the lame protest a group Jets fans did early in the season

Bengals fans know better than to waste their time like that. They know who they're dealing with. 
Reply/Quote