Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope fans stop
(11-25-2016, 10:29 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Me as well.  I'm 50 years old, and after a lifetime of not having the money or time (or spouse) to do so, I finally purchased some upper deck seats with the opening of PBS.  Some years later I was able to move down into some club seats.  I know that many people can not afford the money or time or do not possess the health to do what I get to do, so I do not take it for granted.  I also know I won't be able to do it forever.  So, I cherish the time that I get to spend with family, friends, and occasionally co-workers, at the games, and not Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nugent, or anyone on a message board will make me feel differently.  

Well said, you Wonderful Llama.   Cool
Reply/Quote
Lol cause fans are coming to games already.....

Ive been a season ticket holder since 2003 and I can honestly say they fans have already been "Not going to games" throughout the last 5 years when the team should've had the most support ever. Where as this team had a sellout streak throughout most of the 8-8 Carson Palmer years.

This team as only truly sells out games 2x a year.

But hey thanks for the original idea OP.

*Thumbs up
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 10:42 AM)Harmening Wrote: Well said, you Wonderful Llama.   Cool

Aw, shucks   Wub
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This the season some blackouts would have done us some good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:35 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: From 1994 through 2006 I was in Central Florida, then 2006 through 2013 I was in So Cal and then after that have been helping my mom in So FL for the past three years and three months. Now we are relocating back up there since her health has gotten so bad.

I assumed there must have been family involvement in the decision to move from either SoCal or Florida to Dayton Ohio  LOL  South Dayton isn't too bad though....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 11:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: This the season some blackouts would have done us some good.

I've had some of those this season but it wasn't because of the local TV station...  LOL 
Reply/Quote
Nah man. I'm going to the Philly game in gear. I'll cheer hard for my only favorite NFL team. I'll scream. I'll cheer. I may shout at the coaches. I'll then go gamble and drink. Later I will attend the UC hoop game to cheer for the Bearcats and yell at Mick Cronin. Later I'll gamble some more then get laid. Really looking forward it.
Sounds better than staying at home pouting about Mike Brown like a thumb sucker.
Reply/Quote
I've never been to a game and have never bought one single Bengals (or any other teams) 'gear' in my 57 years. A. I Can't afford it and B. I have better things to spend money on such as food, tools, material for hobbies/work, family and so on.
Now you can say I'm a terrible fan which doesn't bother me one iota because I probably am, but you cannot say I've been complicit in putting money in Mike Brown's cookie jar. As far as watching games i always hit the mute button during commercials .  i figure if the Bengals and the NFL want money they can actually produce something of tangible value that i actually need and want . If football were cancelled from now till the end of time I'm pretty sure I'd find something else to fill my Sunday afternoons with just like the other 6 days of the week and the other 35 weeks of the year . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I hope we sign Jim Schwartz as HC. He's passionate and shows emotion.

Without question though Marvin Lewis has got to go. This is it, it's gotta be.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Schwartz lead Detroit to the super bowl at least..uhmm....never.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yes, because it worked out so well the last time Mike Brown fired a coach a year after winning the division.

Unless you think that Mike Brown is the genius architect of this unprecedented streak of regular season success who has only been denied his rightful playoff victory by the incompetence of Marvin Lewis then firing Marvin Lewis is an idiotic idea.

Whether or not Lewis is the right guy to have on the sideline on game day I believe that he's had a lot to do with the coaching personnel decisions that have helped bring the streak of winning seasons that we've seen during this decade. Our best hope of coaching changes that will lead to improvement and not a new decade of losing is if Lewis is allowed to leave on his terms and play a role in picking a successor.

Otherwise you're much more likely to see "Bengals Head Coach Paul Alexander" than whoever you're imagining is going to be able to get the spot and fix the problems.
Reply/Quote
I have 4 tix and honestly i could care less about attending the games. Mike already has my money so boycotting isn't going to do anything. BUT with that said with the remaining games my seats may still be empty. I'll save parking money and beer money and have a nice warm spot on my couch with a roaring fire. And I can still watch them lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:25 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Nope not young bud. I just can't stand a sheep. 

The "sheep" are the people who get fed up with something and want to boycott it, but only if everyone else goes along with them. You want to quit going to games and supporting the team, have at it, but be a big boy and do it alone. And here's a hint, you are not going to hurt Mike Browns wallet. You might hurt the players who have to play in front of empty seats and hear boos, and make the good ones want to go elsewhere, or, you might even cause Mike Brown to pick the team up and move it to another city. Or, more likely, you will make no difference at all. Either way, stand on your own two feet and do it alone.... or do you really just need a "flock" to go with you????
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: and about wj3 have you seen the guy move? Hes easily the most talented corner we got.not experienced in the nfl but most talented.give him 4 games and he could easily be in the rotation.you probably are the same type of people who said hed be 5th string all year long with no chance to play.but look at how our secondary has been.go learn football to you or anyone else like you.

And you know this from watching the number of NFL snaps he has taken? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:48 AM)Roland Wrote: Yes, because it worked out so well the last time Mike Brown fired a coach a year after winning the division.

Unless you think that Mike Brown is the genius architect of this unprecedented streak of regular season success who has only been denied his rightful playoff victory by the incompetence of Marvin Lewis then firing Marvin Lewis is an idiotic idea.

Whether or not Lewis is the right guy to have on the sideline on game day I believe that he's had a lot to do with the coaching personnel decisions that have helped bring the streak of winning seasons that we've seen during this decade.  Our best hope of coaching changes that will lead to improvement and not a new decade of losing is if Lewis is allowed to leave on his terms and play a role in picking a successor.  

Otherwise you're much more likely to see "Bengals Head Coach Paul Alexander" than whoever you're imagining is going to be able to get the spot and fix the problems.

Did anyone think Mike Brown was going to outlive Fidel Castro? Well, the impossible happened. At least he hasn't jailed and tortured his critics. That's about the best we can say, eh? Never fear ..Maximum Leader will save us from a repeat of the 90s.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 01:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: Did anyone think Mike Brown was going to outlive Fidel Castro? Well, the impossible happened. At least he hasn't jailed and tortured his critics. That's about the best we can say, eh? Never fear ..Maximum Leader will save us from a repeat of the 90s.

Can we have Castro back instead? 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:48 AM)Roland Wrote: Otherwise you're much more likely to see "Bengals Head Coach Paul Alexander" than whoever you're imagining is going to be able to get the spot and fix the problems.
Hilarious ...............then I remembered, this is Mike Brown we're talking about.
Reply/Quote
You guys don't know Mike Brown obviously. He'd pack up this team and move to St. Louis before giving into the demands of a Cincinnati fan base. Dude gives no shits about what we want, he can find a payday in another city.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 11:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What FA kicker improves the position?  We brought in the same guys the Vikings did, and they took one of them who immediately did worse than ours did, so there is no way to improve the position until the off season.  Making the change now is kind of throwing in the towel when we are not yet out of the race.

WJ3 would come in as #5 on the depth chart.  This will not bring a drastic improvement to the defense, whereas Peerman can bring improvement to special teams as well as adding experience to the backfield.  Again we would be throwing in the towel to go with WJ3, so the right decision was made there as well.

There are a ton of new pieces on this team in the way of both players and coaches, so there is no reason to believe this is more than a down year as the new pieces become familiar with the systems on each side of the ball.  If the kicking game and right tackle are addressed in the off season, we can be right back on top next season.

There is no way this team is going to the playoffs. It's time to see what your young guys can do....and send a message of accountability if the water boy has to kick.  Could it really be any worse?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote