Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I'm probably in the minority here but......
Well there is a chance that we could lose both games, and still cripple the other team. With Driskel leading the offense and the defense playing remarkably better the past couple weeks, it's possible for the Bengals to take out both Mayfield and Roethlisberger and not score enough point to win either game.

Would that be a win-win? I mean, it shouldn't take much with Ben allegedly playing with cracked ribs, and Mayfield having yet to receive a bone jarring hit from a bona-fide NFL defender..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You really think they are winning either game without Tyler Boyd?

Need smokin’ Joe Mixon to continue his tear to have any shot.

That being said, my only hope is that if we can knock the Steelers out of the playoffs by beating them, please, please please let us do it.

The odds are like one in a million that we pull it off.

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

Reply/Quote
Sorry. No way I want to win those two games. That would guarantee a multi year extension for Marvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 05:06 PM)3wt Wrote: I understand wanting to have a top 5-10 draft pick.

But it's never a good thing for a team to be losing.   You want a winning culture.   So I hope they win out despite being sad about losing a higher draft pick

I want a team that aches to win.  I'd rather have our team overachieve than underachieve.

The way I see it, the more you lose, the further away you are from turning things around.  
Reply/Quote
I'm in the "smacking Mayfield in his dumbass face" group.

Beating the Stoolers should be a given for any Bengal fan.

To say you want our team to lose against them?  GTFO  with that nonsense!!

Mike Brown is going to do what he wants regardless what happens in these games.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: The way I see it, the more you lose, the further away you are from turning things around.  

Plenty of teams go from 4-12 to 12-4...with the right coaching hire.

The way I see it, mediocrity ensures Marv is still around, and we know what his ceiling is.

As long as he's here, we're miles from turning things around in a meaningful way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:39 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You really think they are winning either game without Tyler Boyd?

Need smokin’ Joe Mixon to continue his tear to have any shot.

That being said, my only hope is that if we can knock the Steelers out of the playoffs by beating them, please, please please let us do it.

The odds are like one in a million that we pull it off.

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

Is Boyd out?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:43 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Sorry. No way I want to win those two games. That would guarantee a multi year extension for Marvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ship has already sailed.  Probably left the dock when AD broke his thumb.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 09:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Plenty of teams go from 4-12 to 12-4...with the right coaching hire.

The way I see it, mediocrity ensures Marv is still around, and we know what his ceiling is.

As long as he's here, we're miles from turning things around in a meaningful way.

Some teams do make big turnarounds like that.  However, Marvin is here until Marvin decides to retire.  5 wins or 8 wins won't make a difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: Is Boyd out?

According to yahoo fantasy football it’s believed to be a low grade MCL sprain. An injury that usually benches player for a few weeks. So it should be no surprise if they decide to shelve him for at least a week, maybe the season.

Reply/Quote
Everyone agrees that Driskel had a bad game but we still put up 30 points. If Driskel has a decent game this week and the defense continues to play well we have a good chance at winning. Boyd will be a big loss if he does not play the guy has a bright future in front of him lets hope its on the Bengals. But we have to go with the next man up mentality and see what these backup guys has to offer. As well as Ross he was open a few times last week hit him in stride and he can put up some nice numbers. The running game looks good and we are using it more often lately. We have a good chance at playing spoiler these last two games if we play hard smart and aggressive.
Reply/Quote
Last year we knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs,. This year we can knock them in. They have to take care of their own business, of course, and if they don't, we could be a wild card team. I seriosuly doubt that will happen though.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:26 AM)Shady Wrote: Last year we knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs,. This year we can knock them in. They have to take care of their own business, of course, and if they don't, we could be a wild card team. I seriosuly doubt that will happen though.

We’re already eliminated from playoff contention.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: According to yahoo fantasy football  it’s believed to be a low grade MCL sprain. An injury that usually benches player for a few weeks. So it should be no surprise if they decide to shelve him for at least a week, maybe the season.

And really at this point the season is over.  I don't think we risk him at all.  He is playing at a much higher level and with A.J. seeming to be towards the beginning of the end of his career, I say we are gonna need him for the future, he possibly will be our number one receiver when A.J retires.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:35 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I agree with The Pistons, without those guys winning out seems out of the question. Maybe we should just let Ross QB and run the option with him , Mixon and Bernard all game like Nebraska back in the day. Line up heavy and just pound it every play. Sounds insane but it may produce more offense than we will without Boyd Green and Dalton.

Sounds awesome. Let’s do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 10:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some teams do make big turnarounds like that.  However, Marvin is here until Marvin decides to retire.  5 wins or 8 wins won't make a difference.

Honestly, I think you're right. But to me it's like a cancer patient refusing treatment because there's "no hope".

The treatment (losing) might be painful, but it needs to happen.

Any chance there is to get Marv out, I'll take it. I just know he has to go or this team will never advance. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would sacafrice these next two games if it means it puts us in a better position to get better. With that being said if these young guys produce at a high level the next two weeks then that would make me happy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No way will I ever want the Bengals to lose a game.

Ever.

EVER.

A fan pulls for his/her team, no matter what. If you don't feel that way, join the rest of the front runners. Become a Steelers fan (plenty of those jerks around, always room for one more). While you're at it, get some Yankees gear, fly an Alabama flag, and root like hell for Duke. Then you'll be happy all the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I think you're right. But to me it's like a cancer patient refusing treatment because there's "no hope".

Any chance there is to get Marv out, I'll take it. I just know he has to go or this team will never advance. 

Shake couldn't you just cut his brake lines or something? 

Sure you might have to go to prison, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

On the bright side you could still be a poster from your cell and blog about your adventures.

Bengalholic can even put your category up in the forums.  "Shank n Blake"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I think you're right. But to me it's like a cancer patient refusing treatment because there's "no hope".

I think we've agreed on this for a long time now. I really don't think we have the weapons to beat either of these teams. While I won't be rooting for them to lose, I won't be surprised or even hurt if they lose out. I'll just let the games play out, and whatever happens happens. Of COURSE it would be nice to beat the Steelers in particular, but those games are so hard to watch. Even if we have what should be a better team, Marv finds a way to screw it up, ESPECIALLY if the game is meaningful. He's gotta go, I can't take more years of going against the Steelers knowing we have no chance to beat them, especially if we should.
Reply/Quote