Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like the way they continue to build around Sample
It is good to see that the Bengal staff realize they got the steal of the 2019 draft when Drew Sample dropped to them in the second round.  Prototypical TE size (6'5", 255), with soft hands and a good football IQ.  Also has good all-around agility and athleticism ranking in the top 10 among TEs in all these catagories at the combine

5th in 3 come
5th in 60 yd shuttle
6th in short shuttle
8th in vertical
9th in broad jump
9th in 40 yd dash

As most of you know I had some doubts about Taylor.  But after I watched him use our first two draft picks to get a QB to deliver Sample the ball and another legitimate receiving threat who can clear out room for Drew to work his magic in the underneath zones and down the seems I realize Zac shared my eye for talent.

There is now a scent of greatness wafting over the Bengals.

CAN I GET A .  .  .  HappyDREW-DEY!!!Happy
Reply/Quote
Drew Dey!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It’s clear the real reason we drafted Joe Burrow was his motivational skills to help Drew get over that hump. Joe Burrows beaming confidence in Sample will have him living up to that true potential in no time.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s clear the real reason we drafted Joe Burrow was his motivational skills to help Drew get over that hump. Joe Burrows beaming confidence in Sample will have him living up to that true potential in no time.

Yes

GarfieldDrew-Dey!!Garfield
Reply/Quote
The nick vigil of last years draft, Zach Taylor drafted Joe burrow so sample can become the focal point of our offense.

Should Sample go down, our entire offense will crumble to the ground, AJ will fail to get a contract extension and Joe will become a bust overnight.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:45 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The nick vigil of last years draft, Zach Taylor drafted Joe burrow so sample can become the focal point of our offense.

Should Sample go down, our entire offense will crumble to the ground, AJ will fail to get a contract extension and Joe will become a bust overnight.

C'mon man, let's not get ridiculous about this.

If ALL the receivers stay healthy and our running game is as good as it was the second half of last year we should still be competitive even with the loss of Sample.  In the long run it might even be good for the offense for Burrow to learn to trust some of his other receivers instead of just depending on Drew to always bail him out.

Even Michael Jordan needed John Paxson and Steve Kerr to hit a big shot every once in a while.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s clear the real reason we drafted Joe Burrow was his motivational skills to help Drew get over that hump. Joe Burrows beaming confidence in Sample will have him living up to that true potential in no time.

Sounds like we got the "John Ross " of the TE crop last yr...
no more unconfident players please.... especially in 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, let's not get ridiculous about this.

If ALL the receivers stay healthy and our running game is as good as it was the second half of last year we should still be competitive even with the loss of Sample.  In the long run it might even be good for the offense for Burrow to learn to trust some of his other receivers instead of just depending on Drew to always bail him out.

Even Michael Jordan needed John Paxson and Steve Kerr to make a hit a big shot every once in a while.

If sample goes down our running game will suffer tremendously. He blocks better than our entire offensive line. Every run will have to go through sample, so we will have to motion him to keep the defense from overloading one side every play. When sample runs a pattern, Joe will HAVE to learn to not stare him down as he will be the only receiver reliable enough to get open. All other receivers will be used as decoys to give Joe openings through box coverage to hit Sample in stride.

Joe has no idea how good he has it. Once he throws to Drew Sample his whole world will change.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 02:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Sounds like we got the "John Ross " of the TE crop last yr...
no more unconfident players please.... especially in 2nd round.

Broken confidence is just like any other injury that can be healed with the proper treatment.

Drew and John were like little bear cubs who were lost in the wilderness without their mother.  And all you have to do is rescue these cubs and feed them and pet them and take showers with them and the next thing you know they have grown into powerful killing machines who can dispose of a small woman's entire body in two hours if they have been deprived of food for a week.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is gonna make everyone look better, even the fans. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 02:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Burrow is gonna make everyone look better, even the fans. Hehe

Wheel Burrow gonna carry us all to greatness!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Broken confidence is just like any other injury that can be healed with the proper treatment.

Drew and John were like little bear cubs who were lost in the wilderness without their mother.  And all you have to do is rescue these cubs and feed them and pet them and take showers with them and the next thing you know they have grown into powerful killing machines who can dispose of a small woman's entire body in two hours if they have been deprived of food for a week.

Exactly.

Welcome to Dr. Burrow’s office. Please lay down on the couch. Describe to me your relationship with your mother...
Reply/Quote
Sample is the glue man. Holds everything together. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Dalton was holding Ross and Sample back...now that Burrow is here they're both gonna exPLOOOOOOOOOODE!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've got a pretty cool Drew Sample story. The guy is a legend!

A year ago, I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So when there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in but Drew Sample.

I thought I recgonized him, and kinda kept looking over to make sure it was actually him, as he read a magazine and waited. But I didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Drew, but she wouldn't stop.

Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Drew put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 05:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've got a pretty cool Drew Sample story.  The guy is a legend!

A year ago, I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So when there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in but Drew Sample.

I thought I recgonized him, and kinda kept looking over to make sure it was actually him, as he read a magazine and waited.  But I didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Drew, but she wouldn't stop.

Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Drew put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

You had me going there ....LOL  Hilarious  

Reply/Quote
Drew has printed off pages of negative posts from the Bengals Board inside his locker.

The boiling rage is about to spill out.

Watch out if he's changing a tire in the rain.

[Image: th?id=OIP.RMuRmearFDRXQifJUj-mLgHaFc&pid...=244&h=180]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Rookie TEs rarely make an impact. Once we get a bigger sample size I think Sample’s size and ability is going to show why someone in our front office loved him so much. I don’t think it’s a stretch for him to beat out Uzi for the #1 TE spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 05:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've got a pretty cool Drew Sample story.  The guy is a legend!

I thought I recgonized him, and kinda kept looking over to make sure it was actually him, as he read a magazine and waited.  But I didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Drew, but she wouldn't stop.

LMAO!!!  Hilarious 

Should be in the post HOF lol
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: LMAO!!!  Hilarious 

Should be in the post HOF lol

As much as I'd love to take credit for this I can't.  This is a pretty well known Keanu Reaves story/meme that floats around on Reddit quite frequently.  All I did was basically copy and paste the story and substitute Drew Sample for Keanu Reaves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/622n9n/keanu_reeves_real_chill_guy/
Reply/Quote