Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love the 80's ( and beyond, ya old fart )
(05-29-2015, 02:43 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: remember when you could leave the front door of your house wide open or your skateboard/bike on the front lawn and it would be there the next morning?

This is a common fallacy.  The crime rates are not really that much higher now than they were back in the 70's and 80's.
Reply/Quote
Saturday afternoon kung fu movies.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 10:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Back in the day.  There was a trendy place called Chess King at the mall.  LMAO  I recall buying some stuff there.  Any old farts here remember it?

Went to Chess King in the Northgate Mall numerous times. Had the best selection of Brittish Knights around.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Went to Chess King in the Northgate Mall numerous times. Had the best selection of Brittish Knights around.

LOL British Knights,  I haven't seen those in while!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:43 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: remember when you could leave the front door of your house wide open or your skateboard/bike on the front lawn and it would be there the next morning?

That was only in the rich, white neighborhoods.
Reply/Quote
My friends and I wrote and recorded this stupidly self-aware ode to the 1980s if anyone cares to hear. The music is repetitive as hell and it reads like a long stupid limerick, but the lyrics are pretty much on the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lYCYGwluM
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Saturday afternoon kung fu movies.

Speaking of Kung Fu and the 80s, have you guys seen Kung Fury? 

Pretty hilarious. There is more than a little profanity and some gore in it for those who are bothered by such things. If not, you should definitely check it out. 

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a common fallacy.  The crime rates are not really that much higher now than they were back in the 70's and 80's.

In the neighbourhood i grew up in it was no fallacy.  When you put up 20 high rise buildings that are all govt housing a few blocks away, it went from a neighborhood to a hood fairly quickly.

those building went up in the mid 80s fyi.
Reply/Quote