Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I love the Trash Talking among the Players.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZFta_5IN_8vsxz1yO9F2...g&usqp=CAU]
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

[Image: nwo-wcw.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Typically...if you trash talk and don't win it all...you look stupid.
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of trash talk, it just seems to be a distraction.

Let your play and success do the talking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Typically...if you trash talk and don't win it all...you look stupid

Athletes like Charles Barkley who trash talked to the nth degree are extremely rich mainly because of their trash talking, because Sir Charles never won a Championship.

Trash Talking is on and off the field is done 100% in multiple sports.

If I wanted to watch "Gentlemen Sports" like Golf and Tennis  Yawn then that's a different story.

No, give me trash talking on and off the field.

[Image: a61bb47aa8dd0d8fcc2a5466a88757e6.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a big fan of trash talk, it just seems to be a distraction.

Let your play and success do the talking.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e471cso1s69mndfe32p3m9...w.gif&ct=g]

It's a free country. That's your choice.

Many players make animated gestures when they score a TD, intercept a pass[all the defensive team heads to the end zone] or even a first down gesture.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yx7sqv37uyqg540zyc7...w.gif&ct=g]

If you want Joe and all the NFL players to play like your Grand daddy's time. Sorry, it's too late.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yorl4d676zqqw9lszo6...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 02:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Athletes like Charles Barkley who trash talked to the nth degree are extremely rich mainly because of their trash talking, because Sir Charles never won a Championship.

If I wanted to watch "Gentlemen Sports" like Golf and Tennis  Yawn then that's a different story.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read
Reply/Quote
Big difference between trash talking and being a prick for the sake of it.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:00 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Big difference between trash talking and being a prick for the sake of it.

Never said anything about being a prick, simply trash talking. 

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:24 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read

[Image: 7498d610341d239d0fed48df35413aa0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I find trash talk entertaining, I dont think it detracts from the game. But you definitely look a prize mug when you talk it and it doesn't go well.

Eli Apple is a wonderful example of this. And he's not even that bad a player, but he's also nowhere near good enough to talk the amount of crap he does.

It does make him entertaining though lol.
Reply/Quote
Trash talking between players on the field (or court) is one thing. Trash talking another team via the media is something entirely different.

What one says in the media reflects on the entire team, franchise, and fan base. The Bengals came off arrogant and probably lost a lot of support. I know my daughters and sons, who root for the Bengals only because they want to see me, after a half century, finally get to see a Super Bowl win, were taken aback by how the Bengals presented themselves.

The Bengals had no reason to be arrogant. And people are not attracted to arrogance. I think some people, who might have normally rooted for the Bengals, were turned off by things like the Burrowhead talk and felt glad the Bengals got their comeuppance. Which is a shame, because a handful of people created a false impression of the team and the franchise and Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Never said anything about being a prick, simply trash talking. 

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

One of my favorite sports stories is how Jordan just DESTROYED Mugsy Bough's career by backing off his defense and telling him "take the shot you short *****".
Reply/Quote
Only Mayors should talk trash.....

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Only Rumpke should talk trash.....

Fixed it for ya.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Trash talking between players on the field (or court) is one thing. Trash talking another team via the media is something entirely different.

What one says in the media reflects on the entire team, franchise, and fan base. The Bengals came off arrogant and probably lost a lot of support. I know my daughters and sons, who root for the Bengals only because they want to see me, after a half century, finally get to see a Super Bowl win, were taken aback by how the Bengals presented themselves.

The Bengals had no reason to be arrogant. And people are not attracted to arrogance. I think some people, who might have normally rooted for the Bengals, were turned off by things like the Burrowhead talk and felt glad the Bengals got their comeuppance. Which is a shame, because a handful of people created a false impression of the team and the franchise and Bengals fans.

I am no fuddy-duddy like some of our members here who can't read.

And I love trash-talking, but what the Mayor of Cincy said was not funny, nor was the quote "Burrowhead"[ They only won there once with Burrow].

I thought the phrase of people getting refunds for the Chiefs-Bills game at Atlanta was funny.

I thought the Old "House of Pain" slogan by the Houston Oilers whenever they played other teams [except for the Bengals]in the Astrodome was hilarious. I mean what's not to like about this photo?

[Image: 1200x0.jpg]

What the 1991 Bulls did and whine through the media that the Pistons World Championships was not "Basketball" and was not good for the game was not trash talking, but whine talking.

What the 1989 Bills did and whine about the Bengal's no-huddle offense and forced the Bengals to abandon their style of football in the AFC Championship hours before kick-off was whine talking.

There is no problem playing the villain role in sports...
[Image: Oakland-Raiders-league-villains-since-1960-shirt0.jpg]
"Oakland Raiders: Marty Schottenheimer, HC, Kansas City Chiefs

The Oakland Raiders seemed to revel playing the bad guy role during much of their existence. This earned them plenty of enemies over a span of decades, but none seemed to take that dislike to a more personal level than Marty Schottenheimer. He was never shy about it, even dubbing every time his team played them “Raider Week.” "

[Image: 6_7812451.jpg]

[Image: evil-empire.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNOLkCI59m9b6VWAV1XLK...w&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 02:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Athletes like Charles Barkley who trash talked to the nth degree are extremely rich mainly because of their trash talking, because Sir Charles never won a Championship.

NBA is a different animal. And Barkley didn't talk crap on other teams.
Reply/Quote
I feel like our guys were on the verge of overconfidence.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Typically...if you trash talk and don't win it all...you look stupid.

So, Joe Burrow likes stupidness?

Joe Burrow on Bengals-Chiefs trash talk: Makes football fun, it's an emotional game - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

I guess you or someone else will retort with a weird excuse, but let me make it perfectly clear. 

I said, I love the trash talking among the players.

Joe Burrow said “I just think that’s what makes football fun,” Burrow said.

Now go ahead and spin that, I am waiting.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: NBA is a different animal. And Barkley didn't talk crap on other teams.

NBA news: Charles Barkley reflects on facing the ‘Bad Boys’ Pistons (clutchpoints.com)[/url]

[url=https://www.totalprosports.com/nba/charles-barkley-calls-out-bad-boy-pistons-for-not-actually-knowing-how-to-fight-video/]Charles Barkley Calls Out Bad Boy Pistons For Not Actually Knowing How To Fight (VIDEO) (totalprosports.com)

Are you sure you are a Pistons fan??Hmm
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Now go ahead and spin that, I am waiting.  Smirk

It's what makes football fun, but he really doesn't do it.  "It's all love," and "They know we respect them."   That's some quality trash talk there.

It was Joe trying to smooth things over.   How's that?
Reply/Quote