Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going to be sick
I had to join the NRA, today, because I'm going to become a shooting sports instructor for the BSA, and to take the course, you have to be a member. I feel so dirty. The things I do for the children.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Just wait until Don Jr is their president
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had to join the NRA, today, because I'm going to become a shooting sports instructor for the BSA, and to take the course, you have to be a member. I feel so dirty. The things I do for the children.

[Image: 1b01571fe53a724e7939f4b4b825f7f0.png]

Hey gotta help pay those lawyers!

All seriousness aside I've had to submit to various things that wen against my personal code in order to fill roles like that.  We do what we have to do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had to join the NRA, today, because I'm going to become a shooting sports instructor for the BSA, and to take the course, you have to be a member. I feel so dirty. The things I do for the children.

The stated goal of the NRA is a good one and they are no different than any other lobbying group.  I have serious issues with their current leadership, which is why I allowed my membership to lapse and I won't be reupping until that is rectified.  For those interest in a good alternative, try the 2nd Amendment Foundation.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The stated goal of the NRA is a good one and they are no different than any other lobbying group.  I have serious issues with their current leadership, which is why I allowed my membership to lapse and I won't be reupping until that is rectified.  For those interest in a good alternative, try the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

My problems are not just with their leadership, but also because they went beyond 2A issues in recent years and really became just a general GOP PAC, veering into many other policy areas.

Personally, I belong to the Liberal Gun Club. But it's new and small and doesn't have near the impact the NRA does. And, since the NRA is the only instructor course the BSA recognizes, even the course from GOA won't work.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The NRA got too big for their own good. I suggested to our local AmVets that they form an RRA. Responsible Rifleman Association or Regional Rifleman Association and have it run by retired members of the armed forces or retired police officers. Surprisingly, it's one of the few discussions that we had that didn't result in me getting yelled at because they disagreed with me.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The stated goal of the NRA is a good one and they are no different than any other lobbying group.  I have serious issues with their current leadership, which is why I allowed my membership to lapse and I won't be reupping until that is rectified.  For those interest in a good alternative, try the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

Same here
Reply/Quote
BSA isn't exactly without quite a few extreme controversies themselves. I quit the scouts as a kid and never went back with absolutely zero regrets.. It was inherently unfair then and still is to this day.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 10:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: BSA isn't exactly without quite a few extreme controversies themselves. I quit the scouts as a kid and never went back with absolutely zero regrets.. It was inherently unfair then and still is to this day.. 

I won't ever deny the controversies of the BSA. We've made a lot of changes, though, with female Scouts, better youth protection guidelines, and allowing LGBT+ youth and adults into the organization. The main thing for me is that the aims of Scouting are admirable and I want to help bring that program to as many young people as I can.

Reply/Quote