Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna get ripped for this lafffell hate.
(04-30-2017, 07:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Makes so much less sense now than before the draft. We now have Ross who should be expected to start day 1, and Malone who looks like a mj clone. Not to mention green, Boyd, core, Erickson, etc. just explain this to me?? Not really a rip on lafell as much as I don't wanna pay 5 million to a wr4/5.

Lafell will be used as a starter to help rotate ross and Malone in he will have value for us still this year as we need that experience and reps with Dalton...  (we saw last year how a bunch of fresh faces pan out early)

Probly Pushes core to the Practice Squad for a year.
Reply/Quote
IF the Bengals got rid of Lafell...you have Ross at 5 foot 10 and Boyd who is 6 foot 1, 197 lbs. We need that 2nd big WR.

Core has a lot of potential...but he also made some mistakes so he needs seasoning. Malone will be in the same boat.

WR's notoriously get injured. Look over the last 2 years how many games we've had WR's miss. Now...IF one gets injured...our season isn't ruined.
Reply/Quote
Plus, remember, we don't know how well Greens hamstring healed after being to the point he was at risk of it separating from the bone.
Reply/Quote
We went from one of the very best 3 WR positions in the NFL with AJ, Jones and Sanu to very average/bad in one season - especially once AJ was done.

Now we have LaFell back in the fold plus the recent influx of young guns in Boyd, Ross and Malone the last thing i think we need to do is flush that down the drain again.

We run plenty of 3 WR sets and having some genuine competition at WR will make us better - you look at the roster we ended with at WR last year and some of those guys should not be close to getting on a 53 man roster
Reply/Quote
As always there is no such thing as a content Bengals fan. We had been praying for YEARS that the team would finally smarten up and move on from Brandon Tate. Erickson comes in as a rookie returner and has a monsterous year. I don't recall a single member of this board complaining about Erickson at all during this past season. The NFL is all about production. Sure, the Bengals may hold Core in high regards, but Erickson earned his way into the starting lineup and produced at a very high level. If we cut Erickson there is a 0% chance he clears waivers and gets signed to the PS, whereas with Core there is at least the possibility that he makes the PS and can be called back if needed.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 01:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Erickson was a beast in the return game. Hea an all pro returner in rookie year. Hes not leaving.

Well to be fair a lot of our first rounders are hurt/get hurt ala ogbuehi, wjiii, etc.

This was me. Lafell would be a great 4th, but once we drafted malone......

He is an all pro returner. Rookie year. Next devin hester.
And where do we keep less players??
What is our 53 gonna look like?? Me personally im perfectly fine only taking 4 lbs into game day. We have to make cuts ssomewhere. Dline wise atkins, hardison, billings, dunlap, johnson, clarke, 3 draft picks, gillberry, and ik im forgetting a few. We had to many draft picks. So maybe we go in with 1 less wr?? 2 less lb? Idk. As far as lafell, interesting that ourlads.com had ross as the slot starting wr with boyd at wr 4.

Ogbuehi would not have started even if we didn't draft him injured cause Whit was and IS way better.

Will getting hurt sucked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:07 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: As always there is no such thing as a content Bengals fan. We had been praying for YEARS that the team would finally smarten up and move on from Brandon Tate. Erickson comes in as a rookie returner and has a monsterous year. I don't recall a single member of this board complaining about Erickson at all during this past season. The NFL is all about production. Sure, the Bengals may hold Core in high regards, but Erickson earned his way into the starting lineup and produced at a very high level. If we cut Erickson there is a 0% chance he clears waivers and gets signed to the PS, whereas with Core there is at least the possibility that he makes the PS and can be called back if needed.

I do. I had debates with several folks on here that were blasting Erickson early in the season. Mostly Tate defenders that quietly went away as that return average started to soar. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 09:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I do. I had debates with several folks on here that were blasting Erickson early in the season. Mostly Tate defenders that quietly went away as that return average started to soar. 

You are right. He did have a little bit of a learning curve transitioning from pre-season camp fodder and starting line-ups but despite that he was one of the top returners in the league for the season as a whole. Look for him to be a top 3 overall return man next season.
Reply/Quote