Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna need taunting rules in JN
Boooooo No Fun League. I love taunting and all related activities
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If that bothers you, don't go to any large events where people have fun.

They are filled with people doing group selfies.  The only difference is they are holding the camera themselves...

Yes it bothers me so much I won't be able to leave my house for any social gatherings.

Again, I said I just don't like it and just agreed it looks silly on a football field. Would you guys care to twist or exaggerate what I said any further?
Reply/Quote
"Personal foul.
Defense #53.
Tackled the ball carrier and did not apologize.
That's a 15 yard penalty and defender is remanded to sensitivity training.
First down."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:00 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Did anyone find out what Von Bell said or did to get his taunting penalty?

Well, that's the point isn't it?

We have a bunch of folks saying that it wasn't "bad" but NOBODY knows what was said by either party.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:19 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Well, that's the point isn't it?

We have a bunch of folks saying that it wasn't "bad" but NOBODY knows what was said by either party.

I didn't like the penalty when it happened because i didn't think he did anything wrong. On a rewatch, he turned and "stalked" towards Dalton while saying something. I don't think it's what he said, i think it was his body language and going back toward Dalton that drew the penalty.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't like the penalty when it happened because i didn't think he did anything wrong. On a rewatch, he turned and "stalked" towards Dalton while saying something. I don't think it's what he said, i think it was his body language and going back toward Dalton that drew the penalty.

While I think it is a good idea to have penalties for taunting  I still think they have to have clear evidence of a substantial violation to call the penalty.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: While I think it is a good idea to have penalties for taunting  I still think they have to have clear evidence of a substantial violation to call the penalty.

The only thing they can really go on is body language and hearing what is said. 

In Bell's case, it looked to me like his body language was agressive. I think there would have been a way for he to walk towards Dalton and say something that would not have drawn a flag. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote