Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I'm in tears
(01-15-2022, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I shed a few myself when Pratt made that pick. I love this team so much. And I love most of you people, too. Tongue

I love this team and love that you qualified your love by saying you love most people here. I concur!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We're all right there with you.  Any person who didn't get at least a little emotional when the interception implication sank in, they are either a casual fan or very young and don't have a grasp on the amount of time that the Curse of Bo existed.

Dude, how you gonna cry, while you're peeing?  I'm 57, and lived through all this too.  But, I couldn't cry in front of my wife with Mr. Johnson out, in my hand, peeing.  Now I feel guilty for not just leaving the room and peeing in the toilet.  But then, I would have missed the INT.

And to top it off, now it's a gameday thingy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't tonight, but I thought I might. Maybe Im saving it for the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:  Frankly I felt a little irritated that they even had a chance.  I thought we should've blown them out.   We were by far the superior team.  Very happy we are moving on though.

And at 5-0 against the field, we might be the superior team in this half of the tournament, but there are no style points that come with the Ws.  As long as we score 1 more point than the opponent does for the entire game is all that matters.

(01-15-2022, 10:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Dude, how you gonna cry, while you're peeing?  I'm 57, and lived through all this too.  But, I couldn't cry in front of my wife with Mr. Johnson out, in my hand, peeing.  Now I feel guilty for not just leaving the room and peeing in the toilet.  But then, I would have missed the INT.

And to top it off, now it's a gameday thingy.

I figured you were used to crying when holding your thingy. Cool Well, that's just based on stuff your wife has said.

I've probably said too much, forget I mentioned it. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Army buddy and I were there tonight with some of our adult kids. Last Bengals playoff win we listened to in a foxhole on my shortwave via Armed forces radio in Desert Storm. We've been to every home playoff game since and we all know how they turned out. Needless to say tonight was very emotional for us tonight. Love this team. Love ending the curse. Have a great night.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:04 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I just watched that game live from Australia, I am in tears after seeing this team get that win. I feel a long way away from Cinci but I really hope you guys over there enjoy the coming week and what this team can do. I am with you all in spirit.

You are an awesome brother mate. God Bless. Rock On

We needed this so bad. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
All these emotions make me pee a little. Wub

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are an awesome brother mate. God Bless. Rock On

We needed this so bad. Who Dey

Thanks mate, my other sporting love in life is my Rugby League team in the NRL here in Australia and we haven't made the playoff in over 10 years so that adds to the emotion of the win today.

I am guessing Cincinnatti will be buzzing this week and it must be a great time to be there.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:35 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Would have loved to have been there but so glad you got to experience it, it is a bit of a funny feeling being so emotionally connected to a team from the other side of the world. That win meant an awful lot to me.
I'm a West Ham supporter in Alaska that really has no plans to ever visit England. When they won promotion years ago, I had tears during the replays of the matches later in the week. It really surprised the shit out of me because I had no idea how much they meant to me during that time of my life.
(01-15-2022, 10:44 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I have actually been to one game, the season opener in 2011 in Cleveland. Andy Dalton and AJ Green's first game.
Ah, man. I'm sorry. But it's good that you can just come out and admit that. It's been said that the only benefit of playing for a Cleveland sports franchise is that there are no road trips to Cleveland so I'm glad that you haven't appeared to have shown any side effects from your stay.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:35 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Would have loved to have been there but so glad you got to experience it, it is a bit of a funny feeling being so emotionally connected to a team from the other side of the world. That win meant an awful lot to me.

Same here. There's no logical reason to care so much about a team on the far side of the globe, but I can't help it - the Bengals are in my blood now.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:52 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote: Same here. There's no logical reason to care so much about a team on the far side of the globe, but I can't help it - the Bengals are in my blood now.

Where are you from mate? I have supporter the Bengals for over 30 years. Being able to watch every game for the last 15 years or so has just made the attachment deeper.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:02 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Where are you from mate? I have supporter the Bengals for over 30 years. Being able to watch every game for the last 15 years or so has just made the attachment deeper.

Currently Ballarat, but before that Adelaide and then Hobart. Bengals fan since the 81 Superbowl which was the first game I ever watched (had no idea what was going on, but the stripey helmets were cool, and for some reason I had a Reds jumper as a kid so I opted for Cincinnati).
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:44 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote: Currently Ballarat, but before that Adelaide and then Hobart. Bengals fan since the 81 Superbowl which was the first game I ever watched (had no idea what was going on, but the stripey helmets were cool, and for some reason I had a Reds jumper as a kid so I opted for Cincinnati).

Mate, that is awesome, not many of us in Australia. I have only ever seen 2 people wearing Bengals gear, though one guy on the Housos TV show wore one lol.

It really good to see another Aussie on here, I think there are a couple of others floating around as well.
Reply/Quote
I always think it’s cool when people from so far away are fans of our little dot on the map.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:04 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I just watched that game live from Australia, I am in tears after seeing this team get that win. I feel a long way away from Cinci but I really hope you guys over there enjoy the coming week and what this team can do. I am with you all in spirit.

I'm not crying, you're crying...

Ok, I might have teared up as well.   Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I figured you were used to crying when holding your thingy. Cool Well, that's just based on stuff your wife has said.

I've probably said too much, forget I mentioned it. Tongue

Well, I just happened across this little gem.  Okay, yes I cry when I'm holding my thingy.  It's really heavy man.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:17 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Mate, that is awesome, not many of us in Australia. I have only ever seen 2 people wearing Bengals gear, though one guy on the Housos TV show wore one lol.

It really good to see another Aussie on here, I think there are a couple of others floating around as well.

My ex-roommate in Az from the 80's who coincidently was also from Dayton married an Aussie and moved there years back. 

So somewhere down there you may run into another Bengals fan. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All these emotions make me pee a little. Wub

Need me to grab the wastebasket man?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: My ex-roommate in Az from the 80's who coincidently was also from Dayton married an Aussie and moved there years back. 

So somewhere down there you may run into another Bengals fan. 

Great place to live mate, I really wish the NFL would send a game down here one year. Imagine a Bengals game in Sydney, you can all stay at my place lol
Reply/Quote