Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just curious.
I have a friend who works at a plant. He's been there a few months, and today a new guy arrives. A black guy. He is introduced to my friend, and says "What's up, Crackuh?" Other black guys said, "He ain't no crachuh." But is that normal now? Call someone you never met a crackuh? my friend didn't really care, but it just seems like something you don't open with.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Dunno. But I know guys who would lead with the other end of that and not have a second thought.

I think being an ass is just becoming expected in our country. Like 'hey, I can immediately offend you... watch!'
Wow... a punk off of the get-go.

Props to the guys who stood up for your friend.

I have not EVER heard a man say that in introduction.
I'm sure he was trying to bolster his manliness with such a childish act.
(05-19-2016, 05:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Wow... a punk off of the get-go.

Props to the guys who stood up for your friend.

I have not EVER heard a man say that in introduction.
I'm sure he was trying to bolster his manliness with such a childish act.

Yeah I was just wondering if younger people just talked like that now.  I mean you got white kids thinking it's OK to say the N word as long as you end it with a vowel, plus cracker doesn't rise to the same level, so I thought maybe that's just how people do things now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-19-2016, 05:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I was just wondering if younger people just talked like that now.  I mean you got white kids thinking it's OK to say the N word as long as you end it with a vowel, plus cracker doesn't rise to the same level, so I thought maybe that's just how people do things now.

Well....I'm old.
So, it's definitely possible that I'm out of the loop.
LOL

I'm not sure how I would have responded.
I suppose with it being in the workplace, I would have thanked him for him taking a subservient role and proclaiming me his boss.
I would have responded thus: "Oh. You must be my new *****." (insert word meaning female dog)

I might also inquire as to whether they like it better kneeling down or bending over.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
The correct response is always "That's Mr. Crackuh to you."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Depends: Is your friends name Crackuh?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

not cool
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

That would be no different than me walking up and saying "'sup N...". Totally unacceptable.

And the term "cracker" is absolutely as bad as using N..., as "cracker" was the term given to the straw boss in charge of keeping the slaves from slacking off, and he had the whip...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-19-2016, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That would be no different than me walking up and saying "'sup N...".  Totally unacceptable.

And the term "cracker" is absolutely as bad as using N..., as "cracker" was the term given to the straw boss in charge of keeping the slaves from slacking off, and he had the whip...

[Image: The_d3cf2a_5499195.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
You should never suppose that someone will "get" you or how you act upon first meeting them.

What happened was very bad form.

Edit: Especially in a work environment. At a bar? Maybe.
(05-19-2016, 08:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: The_d3cf2a_5499195.jpg]

Love Joh Mulaney. I was about to reply to his post and say the same thing.

For context purposes for others, he was writing for the Oscars and had a joke that said "midget". An exec said "'midget' is as bad as the 'n word'". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-19-2016, 09:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Love Joh Mulaney. I was about to reply to his post and say the same thing.

For context purposes for others, he was writing for the Oscars and had a joke that said "midget". An exec said "'midget' is as bad as the 'n word'". 

I saw that one too...

[Image: 579ea2fc94510ba3d9a4c7ecc43821d4.jpg]
Mellow

[Image: P4adi.jpg]
"You tell me, graham crackuh."
I'm sure all the "This country is becoming way too wussifed and PC" people were just lining up to shake this ass-hat's hand, right?
(05-19-2016, 10:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure all the "This country is becoming way too wussifed and PC" people were just lining up to shake this ass-hat's hand, right?

They were at work, of course they are.
How else could you get away with exerting dominance in the work place ?
Ninja
Hmmm... saw the thread title and thought it meant something different.

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-20-2016, 10:29 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hmmm... saw the thread title and thought it meant something different.

Ninja

Down boy, down...
Tongue