Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-24-2023, 01:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think anyone would classify me as a negative nancy or a guy who always claims the sky is falling. WTS, so far, this is nothing different than Bengals fans have been seeing for decades. The team gets a QB/HC that gets them to the playoffs, even to a SB every few decades, but can't finish the job.

So far what has happened with Burrow is absolutely no different than what happened with any other Bengals QB. He came in with a lot of hype, like Palmer and so far he's missed 6+ games in 2 of his 4 seasons, never had a healthy TC and made it to and lost a SB. His career is falling right in line with how the typical 'good qb' story goes for the Bengals. Lots of promise, falls just short, unfulfilled potential, what could have been. 

Could it change this time? Sure, the future hasn't happened yet. Will it? I don't know. It's following the exact same path as many who came before him. 

And just to make your day even better...remember my thread about how if a HC/QB combo doesn't win a SB within their first 5 years together, they don't win one together...ever? It's never ever happened in the history of the NFL. Ever.

Well, next year is #5 for Burrow and Zac, and also past the mid-point for a typical Bengals QB career.

That's the 64 $$$ question. 

I sure hope so !! But I must confess, one eyebrow is up!! We have to get these no training camp/injury to JB seasons behind us. If we're ever gonna ram it all the way home we're going to have to put these slow starts to the season behind us, IMHO.

I hate to be that guy saying "I told you so" But I've said a little and always been feeling to myself the Jake Browning train was going to come to a screeching halt at some point. It was fun while it lasted though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the 64 $$$ question. 

I sure hope so !! But I must confess, one eyebrow is up!! We have to get these no training camp/injury to JB seasons behind us. If we're ever gonna ram it all the way home we're going to have to put these slow starts to the season behind us, IMHO.

I hate to be that guy saying "I told you so" But I've said a little and always been feeling to myself the Jake Browning train was going to come to a screeching halt at some point. It was fun while it lasted though.
Two games left to make that decision 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I bet Marvin Lewis wanted yet another linebacker like Watt while Mike Brown was channeling his inner Al Davis and drafting the WR who can run and play like greased goose shit.

Yep ha ha LOL

(12-24-2023, 03:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: The post game crew specifically called out him and Orlando Brown. They both were turrible yesterday. You know it's bad when two offensive linemen get called out by name on a post game show. 

True that Wyche, that is rare calling out players by name like that on the OL.

Highsmith also absolutely abused Orlando as well with his speed. Just a bad matchup for both our Tackles. Twatt with the power against
Jonah and Highsmith with the speed against Orlando = tough times for the Offense and the QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Totally self-inflicted. If you don't enjoy the team and can't support them when they are struggling, it's really as simple as turning it off.

It's just the disappointment about Saturday talking.  A week ago we were 8-6 and coming off the come-from-behind victory over Minny, and everyone was positive about the Pittsburgh game and the future looked bright.  But just one loss to Pittsburgh later and it seems like maybe it would be a good idea to take away everyone's belts and shoelaces.   

Man, this place can turn on a dime.  And if we can win in KC, I expect it will again.    

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:32 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Man, this place can turn on a dime.  And if we can win in KC, I expect it will again.    

Agreed. Sadly, I just don’t see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:12 AM)bjf123 Wrote: Agreed. Sadly, I just don’t see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As did  anyone see the Bengals going 3-2 at this point without Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let him go after yesterday, pathetic by Jonah, Twatt made him his *****. Mellow

Be real, who doesn't TWatt make his *****
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:32 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's just the disappointment about Saturday talking.  A week ago we were 8-6 and coming off the come-from-behind victory over Minny, and everyone was positive about the Pittsburgh game and the future looked bright.  But just one loss to Pittsburgh later and it seems like maybe it would be a good idea to take away everyone's belts and shoelaces.   

Man, this place can turn on a dime.  And if we can win in KC, I expect it will again.    

My point is, if it makes you miserable, walk away and watch something else. Don't try to make everyone else miserable too. (And that's directed at all the complainers, not just one) Everyone always said, we need a backup QB that can come in and win you 3 or 4 games, and that's it. Well, that's what we have, Browning came in lost one, won 3, and lost another one. He'll likely win at least 1 more. But now it's the end of the world. After Burrow went out for the season, did anyone really expect to go all the way this year? C'mon man.. enjoy the rest of the season for what it is and support our players who are still out there playing. in 3-weeks, without Burrow, Reader and the rest, we likely won't even have any football to watch. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Ill be 90 in 32 yrs, yes we missed the window by a pubic hair in that SB. Rams D and pass rush was too much and it came down to AD making that play that fittingly ended it .
After watching that beat down yesterday its astounding to me that Zack has yet to figure out how to build a effective team to compete in AFCN. Trenches are the key and he cant evaluate talent for those positions to save his life, so he relies on FAs. He needs to poach some scouts off Browns, Ravens and Steelers to show them how you evaluate talent to compete in AFC N.  

Did'nt help that Aaron Donald was offsides about 10 times & did'nt call him for 1, especially the last play.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Be real, who doesn't TWatt make his *****

To be fair to who is blocking TWatt, he's lined up offsides half the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:39 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Did'nt help that Aaron Donald was offsides about 10 times & did'nt call him for 1, especially the last play.

And don't forget the phantom PI call on Wilson
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:24 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: To be fair to who is blocking TWatt, he's lined up offsides half the time.

At least...
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:32 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's just the disappointment about Saturday talking.  A week ago we were 8-6 and coming off the come-from-behind victory over Minny, and everyone was positive about the Pittsburgh game and the future looked bright.  But just one loss to Pittsburgh later and it seems like maybe it would be a good idea to take away everyone's belts and shoelaces.   

So true Llama.  Mellow

(12-25-2023, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Be real, who doesn't TWatt make his *****

Yeah, but that was real bad, honestly thought Jonah would hold up better than that against him.

(12-25-2023, 02:24 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: To be fair to who is blocking TWatt, he's lined up offsides half the time.

That is certainly fair, thought he got away with a couple more yesterday at least.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, but that was real bad, honestly thought Jonah would hold up better than that against him.

Why?

Jonah is just 2 sacks over the final 2 games away from allowing 30 sacks in a 3 year span. The dude stinks. 

I would obviously prefer the Bengals to win but if they're going to lose, it is better Jonah continues to display how bad he is to everyone so we can make a clean break and actually finally improve over him being a starter. There were multiple people on this board who were seemingly starting to talk themselves into the idea that the Bengals should re-sign Jonah, just committing to him for more years and tens of millions of dollars.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrows surgery is freaking me out quite a bit. There's no guarantee that surgery holds up and that injury ever fully recovers or he doesn't reinjure it. 

Odds are he'll be fine, but the injury seems pretty damn sketchy from what I've read. 

well the way he keeps getting injured, is just not very comfortable feeling, but positive we have went 3-2 without him so all is not lost I feel if he is out for a period of time
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 11:30 AM)Science Friction Wrote: We had our SB year. I'm still pissed about 2021. I said it before the SB and I said it after --- even with the awful OL, the Bengals were better than the Rams. We needed one SB-winning stop from the defense and couldn't get it. ONE STOP!  It takes a LOT of good fortune to get back there. Gotta take advantage when you need ONE STOP! Might be another 32 years. I'll be 93.

We might get back there with Burrow and we might not. This season shows why it won't be easily accomplished. We've got a lot of work to do in order to be at the top of the AFC again. 0 for the division won't get it done.
If Brown would get off the money and actually form a good defensive unit then Cincinnati has the offense to make it to the SB again, AND again......but they won't if they continue to field sucky ass defenses. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:57 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: If Brown would get off the money and actually form a good defensive unit then Cincinnati has the offense to make it to the SB again, AND again......but they won't if they continue to field sucky ass defenses. 

That defense has been bought and paid for... Hubbard, Bates, Pratt, and Wilson were the only homegrown contributors over the past 3 seasons. We all raved about the second half adjustments against KC, but they've been a middle of the road (at best) unit under Lou. They definitely haven't lived up to the pricetag.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 11:38 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The loss to the Steelers just destroyed my Xmas spirit
Borderline depressing

Wasn’t just that we lost but how lifeless we looked. So tired of this team getting owned by division teams. Never seen a team look so good against power houses like SF, KC, Buff etc. yet can’t even compete within our own division. CANT EVEN COMPETE in our own division. How the f is this even possible. How is this acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wasn’t just that we lost but how lifeless we looked. So tired of this team getting owned by division teams. Never seen a team look so good against power houses like SF, KC, Buff etc. yet can’t even compete within our own division. CANT EVEN COMPETE in our own division. How the f is this even possible. How is this acceptable.

Last 3 years we have winning record against ravens and 3-3: with Steelers, it's the Browns who have given us the big problem
Reply/Quote
I’m not tired of Bengals football. I’m tired of the WAY the Bengals are playing football.
Reply/Quote