Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm moving on
No, not from the Bengals (else I'd have placed this in Jungle Noise with the other whiners) but rather from my job and Connecticut altogether.

Yep, after over 12 years of service, The Salvation Army has seen fit to do away with my position and not provide me with any alternative opportunities. It's like they're telling me, "See ya wouldn't want to be ya!" And because part of my compensation was a place to live, I'm also finding myself needing to look for a new place to live as well as a new job.

So, the wife and I decided we want to be closer to my daughters (and because Connecticut sucks), we will be looking for both in Lancaster, PA.

Needless to say, this is a challenging time for us complicated by the fact that my wife and I just lost our baby (she miscarried after being pregnant for 3 months).

It'll suck being in the Eagles domain, but I've been in worse (15 years in Pissburgh territory .... Ugh).

I have to admit, I'm a little excited about such a major change and the possibilities that lie before me, but I'm not going to lie, I'm also a little scared. I'm going to need your thoughts and prayers (and maybe a sacrifice or two), but I'm confident we'll be on our feet and doing well again soon.

And who knows, maybe I'll get a job that allows me to post more often on these boards. I know y'all have missed me.

In conclusion ...

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lancaster Pa? I hope that you're good at farming. Or, at least be strong, and you can get ya a position with Lebanon Levi, in the Amish Mafia. Ninja

In all seriousness, best of luck to you and your family. You seem to be a skilled individual, hopefully you'll find something even better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lancaster Pa? I hope that you're good at farming. Or, at least be strong, and you can get ya a position with Lebanon Levi, in the Amish Mafia. Ninja

In all seriousness, best of luck to you and your family. You seem to be a skilled individual, hopefully you'll find something even better.
There's more than just Amish in Lancaster (the wife's from there). Though, the first of my family to come to America were all Anabaptists and that's just like the Amish, right? Wink

Danke.

Reply/Quote
GL Phil. I hope you both embrace the challenge!
Reply/Quote
I was going to say that this was my favorite Hank Snow song, but nevermind.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about the miscarriage and how the SA treated you. Thoughts and prayers, brother.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
When one door closes, it usually means someone shut it. Find him, make him pay. Steal his GoBot collection and drink his cheap whiskey.
Reply/Quote
Sorry about you and the wife losing the baby.
You and her still are a solid foundation, and will build a new life closer to your daughters..
Best of luck and keep us updated when time permits.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck.

I'm in CT too, and the state has just been taking a beating from all sides. Can't fault all the people heading out.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear the news about your wife and job.  But it sounds like you are taking it in stride and have a good grasp on things now.  Best of luck man!  I've never been to PA before. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 09:49 PM)Stewy Wrote: GL Phil.  I hope you both embrace the challenge!

I have. My wife suffers from anxiety so she kinda has, just with lots of complaint.

(05-13-2017, 10:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was going to say that this was my favorite Hank Snow song, but nevermind.

Thanks?

ThumbsUp

(05-13-2017, 10:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sorry to hear about the miscarriage and how the SA treated you. Thoughts and prayers, brother.

Thanks.

(05-14-2017, 12:28 AM)Benton Wrote: When one door closes, it usually means someone shut it. Find him, make him pay. Steal his GoBot collection and drink his cheap whiskey.

Steal his GoBots? Why? Dude is already suffering from Transformers-envy. I think I'll make him pay in other ways. Maybe by peeing on him?

(05-14-2017, 02:42 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Sorry about you and the wife losing the baby.
You and her still are a solid foundation, and will build a new life closer to your daughters..
Best of luck and keep us updated when time permits.

Thanks and will do.

(05-14-2017, 05:13 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Best of luck.

I'm in CT too, and the state has just been taking a beating from all sides. Can't fault all the people heading out.

Yep, CT sucks. Malloy can't get out of the governor's mansion fast enough.

(05-15-2017, 09:29 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Sorry to hear the news about your wife and job.  But it sounds like you are taking it in stride and have a good grasp on things now.  Best of luck man!  I've never been to PA before. 

Thanks. PA's really not so bad. If you're in Western PA, just don't wear non-Steeler football gear and you should be alright. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
good luck... in your endeavors That's a raw deal you got there. But you get to start fresh. somewhere else and as long as you and the wife are solid that's all your gonna need to make it work
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 07:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, not from the Bengals (else I'd have placed this in Jungle Noise with the other whiners) but rather from my job and Connecticut altogether.

Yep, after over 12 years of service, The Salvation Army has seen fit to do away with my position and not provide me with any alternative opportunities. It's like they're telling me, "See ya wouldn't want to be ya!" And because part of my compensation was a place to live, I'm also finding myself needing to look for a new place to live as well as a new job.

So, the wife and I decided we want to be closer to my daughters (and because Connecticut sucks), we will be looking for both in Lancaster,  PA.

Needless to say, this is a challenging time for us complicated by the fact that my wife and I just lost our baby (she miscarried after being pregnant for 3 months).

It'll suck being in the Eagles domain, but I've been in worse (15 years in Pissburgh territory .... Ugh).

I have to admit, I'm a little excited about such a major change and the possibilities that lie before me, but I'm not going to lie, I'm also a little scared. I'm going to need your thoughts and prayers (and maybe a sacrifice or two), but I'm confident we'll be on our feet and doing well again soon.

And who knows, maybe I'll get a job that allows me to post more often on these boards. I know y'all have missed me.

In conclusion ...

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

Good luck with everything, sorry about the baby! Prayers that everything works out for the best for you and your family.
Reply/Quote
Thoughts and prayers. To lose a child ia not easy. Been therw. Hey phil you are going to be great. You and your wife will be okay
Reply/Quote
I will pray for you Philhos you are one of the best guys on here man. Rough what you went through.

Wish you all the best my friend and a great life in Lancaster PA. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Good luck with your move Hos. Sorry about the miscarriage.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: good luck...   in your endeavors   That's a raw deal you got there.   But you get to start fresh.  somewhere else and as long as you and the wife are solid that's all your gonna need to make it work

Thanks.

(05-15-2017, 10:08 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Good luck with everything, sorry about the baby! Prayers that everything works out for the best for you and your family.

Danke.

(05-16-2017, 06:30 AM)Cinc4ever1 Wrote: Thoughts and prayers. To lose a child ia not easy. Been therw. Hey phil you are going to be great. You and your wife will be okay

Merci.

(05-17-2017, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will pray for you Philhos you are one of the best guys on here man. Rough what you went through.

Wish you all the best my friend and a great life in Lancaster PA. Rock On

Gracias.

(05-18-2017, 07:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Good luck with your move Hos.  Sorry about the miscarriage.

благодаря

Update: I have 3 job interviews tomorrow and Tuesday. Here's hoping ...
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 01:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Thanks.

Danke.

Merci.

Gracias.

благодаря

Update: I have 3 job interviews tomorrow and Tuesday. Here's hoping ...

Good luck man, you got this.

Reply/Quote
2 more places called so I've got a total of 4 more interviews between tomorrow and Wednesday.
Reply/Quote
Well, I got a job. I will be working for a bank. I'll start as a teller, but I've been assured by the branch manager that since I'm basically OVERqualified for the position, that it shouldn't take too long to move up. He told me he had a parttime teller who, after 6 months, became an assistant manager.

The good news is that the pay is virtually what I'm making now. Just a little less. Like 50 cents less. Since my wife has been working part time for the last 2 years, if she gets a job that pays her the same but is full time, we'll have even more money coming in than we do now. And, since we're moving in with family, we don't have to worry about rent and utilities right away, so we're on the right track.

I start at the end of June so around the 21st, I will officially be a resident of Pennsylvania again and hopefully will never have to set foot in this crappy state again (CT sucks, btw).

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Reply/Quote