Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm rethinking our QB stance
(03-27-2019, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What about a 3rd rounder and a year of free Denny’s? Heck, I’ll contribute a 1998 Buick Century to the deal. Only 60k miles. Great car, great deal!

(03-27-2019, 06:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A 21 yr old car with 60K miles?? Is that your church going car?

LMAO!!!
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jones looks like the future to me. Smart , can scramble, throw on the run , the whole package. Sign me up
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 06:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A 21 yr old car with 60K miles?? Is that your church going car?

Yes, your correct. It was my moms car and she left it to me. She put less than 10 miles a week on it and only used it to go to church. I put 22 miles a day on it going to work. Great car for a NFL team owner above 60.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What about a 3rd rounder and a year of free Denny’s? Heck, I’ll contribute a 1998 Buick Century to the deal. Only 60k miles. Great car, great deal!

Damn!  If it had been a Regal, it would have been a deal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I'll throw in some 8 track tapes and a CB radio antenna.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 06:58 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Daniel Jones looks like the future to me. Smart , can scramble, throw on the run , the whole package. Sign me up

And he has the Mannings on his side! Big and did you mention smart?

His coach (Cutcliffe) coached both Peyton and Eli and says he has all the intangibles that they had.. Sign me up twice!
Reply/Quote
re: Rosen: IF Arizona already has him and is willing to draft ANOTHER QB a year later...what makes you all think he'd be the answer here?

Obviously the coaches see stuff they don't like.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Rosen: IF Arizona already has him and is willing to draft ANOTHER QB a year later...what makes you all think he'd be the answer here?

Could be as simple as Kingsbury just wants his guy. Or it could all just be one big smoke screen to try to get someone to trade into the top spot

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals could get a good quarterback in round two, Daniel Jones, or even Stidham in round three or four; they don't need to give Arizona anything.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 09:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals could get a good quarterback in round two, Daniel Jones, or even Stidham in round three or four; they don't need to give Arizona anything.

I haven’t seen any other mock drafts online but almost every mock ive seen on nfl network has Jones to the Giants at 17. I doubt he makes to rd 3.
Reply/Quote
They'll have to move on from Andy someday, but not to Rosen. Hell, they might as well go for J Football before Rosen.. C'mon now.. Rosen is historically bad.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 09:30 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I haven’t  seen any other mock drafts online but almost every mock ive seen on nfl network has Jones to the Giants at 17.  I doubt he makes to rd 3.

Daniel Jones will probably make it to round two I was referring to the other quarterback in round three or four from Auburn.   However I could see New England taking Jones.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Daniel Jones will probably make it to round two I was referring to the other quarterback in round three or four from Auburn.   However I could see New England taking Jones.

I could see the Dolphins, Giants, and maybe even the Redskins taking a shot at Daniel Jones in the first round. What's great is the Bengals could be the gateway to that pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think people really realize how bad Rosen was last year.

Over the last 10 years there have been 257 QB seasons with at least 350 attempts.  Rosen's 66.7 last year ranks 252nd.  It was the second lowest passer rating recorded over the last 5 years.

And that is even worse when you look at how much passing stats were inflated last year when the league average passer rating of 92.9.  That was a new record a full 2.7 points higher than the previous record.

Rosen was not just bad.  He was epically bad.  

Let’s be fair Fred. Rosen was a rookie coupled with a rookie HC.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I could see the Dolphins, Giants, and maybe even the Redskins taking a shot at Daniel Jones in the first round. What's great is the Bengals could be the gateway to that pick.

It all depends on the first pick of the draft.  If the Cardinals take Murray and Haskins goes before the Cincinnati Bengals, they could trade down and get pretty good value for additional picks.

I still like that kid from Auburn.  The Bengals will need a quarterback this year and some capacity. 

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: They'll have to move on from Andy someday, but not to Rosen. Hell, they might as well go for J Football before Rosen.. C'mon now.. Rosen is historically bad.. 

This is just downright silly. I guarantee Rosen will not be out of the NFL within a few years. He’s definitely a starting caliber QB.

It’s funny that every excuse under the sun has been made for Dalton over the years (coaching, OL, no running game, etc), but we’re ready to call this kid a total bust after his rookie season on an absolutely TERRIBLE team?

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is just downright silly. I guarantee Rosen will not be out of the NFL within a few years. He’s definitely a starting caliber QB.

It’s funny that every excuse under the sun has been made for Dalton over the years (coaching, OL, no running game, etc), but we’re ready to call this kid a total bust after his rookie season on an absolutely TERRIBLE team?

I'm not calling him anything other than a guy who's never gonna play for the Cincinnati Bengals.

This is all a moot point. Like the Bengals are gonna go into the draft wheeling and dealing...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Rosen: IF Arizona already has him and is willing to draft ANOTHER QB a year later...what makes you all think he'd be the answer here?

Maybe the new coach is an idiot who fell in love with a flashy gimmicky QB.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 11:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the new coach is an idiot who fell in love with a flashy gimmicky QB.  

And all this talk of Murray to AZ could be a smokescreen.

Having the first pick is often a curse. Unless there is a Manning or Elway there.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is just downright silly. I guarantee Rosen will not be out of the NFL within a few years. He’s definitely a starting caliber QB.

Agreed.  I wouldn't bet my life on Rosen, but we claim Marvin, Zampese and Austin completely ruined the past 3 years yet we don't see how Rosens HC, OC, QB coach and interim OC all flopping hard and getting fired in the same year might have hurt his season.

It just haint fair.

Actually, its sort of like the opposite of backup QBs who play 2 good games in good systems and then get long term FA deals and then totally flop.
Reply/Quote