no
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm tired of freaking waiting...
(09-28-2018, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Rams are the best team in the NFL, right now. And part of the reason is Big Whit. Did you see him give up that sack last night ? I was shocked.

.....and that was one of the few mistakes, if not the only one, that Goff made last night.  Had he inched up in the pocket, Whit pushes the defender around and out of the play. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:12 AM)thillan Wrote: First, man that was a fun game to watch!

I think the passing just comes down to coaching. Sean McVay is INCREDIBLE, and does not let his foot off the gas at all. Made the Vikings go into shootout mode.

I think we are behind the times in terms of offense, sadly. Teams like the Chiefs and Rams are in a different stratosphere when it comes to offensive playcalling and execution. Did you see all the freaking green grass these receivers had when they caught the ball? Amazing!

Interested to see how the year shakes out, but these were two "elite" defenses.... I honestly think defense doesn't matter anymore, and it's more about offense being your best defense.

It damn sure was.....and Cooper Kupp SCORED for my fantasy team....lol.

McVay is a helluva coach....he helped Cousins flourish in DC as his OC as well.  The Rams are stacked with talent.....have to pick your poison with that offense.  If you play the pass, Gurley gashes you.  If you stack the box, they torch you.  Good coaching and great talent make that team very scary.  Unlike the Chiefs, they can play defense too....although you wouldn't know it by last night's affair.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: It damn sure was.....and Cooper Kupp SCORED for my fantasy team....lol.

McVay is a helluva coach....he helped Cousins flourish in DC as his OC as well.  The Rams are stacked with talent.....have to pick your poison with that offense.  If you play the pass, Gurley gashes you.  If you stack the box, they torch you.  Good coaching and great talent make that team very scary.  Unlike the Chiefs, they can play defense too....although you wouldn't know it by last night's affair.

Exactly! The good news is that they've got a BIG challenge coming up in the next few years. They've shelled out a lot of money, leaving the QB position vulnerable. I think that O-line might crumble in the next few years, due to lots of money being spent on skill position players.

But yeah, watching offenses like the Chiefs and Rams is exciting, but makes me a bit sad at the same time. Because I can't see how the Bengals keep up anytime soon... and I want this team to go to the SB! Any given Sunday though.

Edit: Oh yeah, Kupp killed it for your team! I have Adam Thielen AND Gurley, so I was LOVING the shootout haha. Such a fun game.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Rams are the best team in the NFL, right now. And part of the reason is Big Whit. Did you see him give up that sack last night ? I was shocked.

Bu..bu..but he's too expensive...  we have to win with other assets.   :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: It damn sure was.....and Cooper Kupp SCORED for my fantasy team....lol.

That's the difference in the two teams. The Chiefs have a chink in their armor - very average to poor D ! The Chiefs O is great but can they continue to run on 16 cylinders all season with little to no D ?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 05:34 AM)motoarch Wrote: Do not care

X2

I had not idea Dalton had zero 400 yd games and I don't care if he ever gets one.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:25 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bu..bu..but he's too expensive...  we have to win with other assets.   :giggle:

We have to be cheap you mean, MB 101   Cry
Reply/Quote
Having a 400 yard passing game is more a matter of throwing the ball more.

Roethlisberger's 400 yard game this season came in a game where they were behind and trying to catch KC all day so he threw it 60 times.

Cousins last night had a 400 yard game on 50 attempts.

Fitzpatrick and Goff have both had 400 yard games with attempt counts in the 30s, but those are more a function of wide receivers running open, like O.J. Howard's 75 yard catch and run in the Bucs win over the Eagles (still annoyed we have Ross instead of him...)

Dalton generally does not throw the ball 50 to 60 times a game, so I'm not surprised he's never had a 400 yard game.

I guess the bigger question is, do we need him to have a 400 yard game?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:15 AM)thillan Wrote: Exactly! The good news is that they've got a BIG challenge coming up in the next few years. They've shelled out a lot of money, leaving the QB position vulnerable. I think that O-line might crumble in the next few years, due to lots of money being spent on skill position players.

But yeah, watching offenses like the Chiefs and Rams is exciting, but makes me a bit sad at the same time. Because I can't see how the Bengals keep up anytime soon... and I want this team to go to the SB! Any given Sunday though.

Edit: Oh yeah, Kupp killed it for your team! I have Adam Thielen AND Gurley, so I was LOVING the shootout haha. Such a fun game.

You're right on the money regarding the cap....and another thing about that oline, it's old.

Ha ha ha, I bet you did.  You racked up with those two....unfortunately, I had the Rams defense.... Shocked

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the difference in the two teams. The Chiefs have a chink in their armor - very average to poor D ! The Chiefs O is great but can they continue to run on 16 cylinders all season with little to no D ?

That's the 50 dollar question isn't it?  The Rams lost Talib, so that will hurt some, but they can get after the QB.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't care. I want a 400 yard passing game and i want that damn 13 win season!! 

This ^^

I don't care if he passes for 4 yards, as long as we get the win.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Having a 400 yard passing game is more a matter of throwing the ball more.

Roethlisberger's 400 yard game this season came in a game where they were behind and trying to catch KC all day so he threw it 60 times.

Cousins last night had a 400 yard game on 50 attempts.

Fitzpatrick and Goff have both had 400 yard games with attempt counts in the 30s, but those are more a function of wide receivers running open, like O.J. Howard's 75 yard catch and run in the Bucs win over the Eagles (still annoyed we have Ross instead of him...)

Dalton generally does not throw the ball 50 to 60 times a game, so I'm not surprised he's never had a 400 yard game.

I guess the bigger question is, do we need him to have a 400 yard game?

Not if Joe Mixon can continue his trajectory.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's the 50 dollar question isn't it?  The Rams lost Talib, so that will hurt some, but they can get after the QB.

Good time to trade Burfinct for two #1 draft picks like the raiders/bears. Sell pitch to the Rams or Chiefs...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game?? Every quarterback to ever suit up in the NFL over the last few years has a 400 yard passing game. Ryan freaking Fitzmagic has three in a row this year. That fat turd in spittsburgh has a couple 500 yards passing games. I haven't looked, but i bet Blaine 'i'm afraid of my own shadow' Gabbert has one!!!!

So the question is simple. In his EIGHTH FREAKING YEAR ALREADY, will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game? 

I'm not drunk. Goff's game tonight triggered me. 

Yes, he will have one could be this year if Ross starts to wake up. But be careful what you wish for as we would most
likely be playing from behind and would be more likely to lose the game. I care about winning more than a 400 yard
game by Dalton in a loss.

BTW, was probably the best Thursday night game i have watched even if it was all Offense. Still was exciting.

Night and day from ESPN. Props to Fox.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Night and day from ESPN. Props to Fox.

WTF did the network have to do with the quality of the game?

WTF
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF did the network have to do with the quality of the game?

WTF

Everything was better in every way, just sayin'. Don't get your panties in a twist Freddy boy.

The Pregame Show was great with Strahan, Howie and Bradshaw. The Wilfork opening was hilarious.

Great announcers in Aikman and Buck, great sideline babes in Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink.

Was just a great job all the way around.

ESPN sucks ass in all these areas. The only guy i liked on there is now a HC for the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Some of you dudes are funny.  Hilarious

I said 400 yard passing game. Not that i want him to regularly throw for 400 yards.

You all do realize that Atlanta is next on the schedule. And they have a guy that throws the ball around named Matt Ryan. And the Bengals D hasn't been great at stopping teams lately. 

Way to read the room, gents. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, he will have one could be this year if Ross starts to wake up. But be careful what you wish for as we would most
likely be playing from behind and would be more likely to lose the game. I care about winning more than a 400 yard
game by Dalton in a loss.

BTW, was probably the best Thursday night game i have watched even if it was all Offense. Still was exciting.

Night and day from ESPN. Props to Fox.

It was a fun game to watch even though the high scoring shootouts aren't my favorites. I prefer a good 20-17 game featuring both O and D
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL

I said 400 yard passing game. Not that i want him to regularly throw for 400 yards.

You all do realize that Atlanta is next on the schedule. And they have a guy that throws the ball around named Matt Ryan. And the Bengals D hasn't been great at stopping teams lately. 

That's it, I'm outta' here.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL

Dalton could throw for 400 yards against those Falcon Safeties. That is a banged up Defense all the way around.

The Linebackers are banged up too big time. Eifert could have a huge day.

I hope Ryan throws it around rather than trying to run on us which seems to be our weakness right now.

We should pick him off a few times if Ryan wants to throw all game.
Reply/Quote