Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(04-17-2024, 03:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Maybe.  I've seen several mocks with the best available OT being Tyler Guyton.

Hopefully in that situation, Murphy or Bowers would still be available...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 03:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Maybe.  I've seen several mocks with the best available OT being Tyler Guyton.

Sick
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 03:35 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Hopefully in that situation, Murphy or Bowers would still be available...

The math almost guarantees it. 

I think the following 7 are top 10 locks, much less before we pick:
QB (3): Williams, Daniels, McCarthy 
WR (3): Harrison, Nabers, Odunze 
OT (1): Alt 

There are 10 picks after that before us. Here is who I think is in the next Tier or likely to go prior to us:
QB (1): McCarthy 
DE (1): Turner 
TE (1): Bowers 
CB (2): Arnold, Mitchell 
DT (1): Murphy
OT (5): Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims
WR (1): Thomas

If all 5 tackles go, only 5 of those others can. Worst case scenario would probably be McCarthy + Thomas. But once McCarthy is drafted before us, one of the OTs and/or one of the other premium guys is guaranteed. 
Reply/Quote
And you know what…

Screw everyone that wants to win 3 games too

Oh and the worst of them all…..

Eff everyone who wants Burrow healthy. I hate yall….
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 10:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The math almost guarantees it. 

I think the following 7 are top 10 locks, much less before we pick:
QB (3): Williams, Daniels, McCarthy 

There are 10 picks after that before us. Here is who I think is in the next Tier or likely to go prior to us:
OT (5): Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims

If all 5 tackles go, only 5 of those others can. Worst case scenario would probably be McCarthy + Thomas. But once McCarthy is drafted before us, one of the OTs and/or one of the other premium guys is guaranteed. 
SO you honestly believe that Maye is not going in the first 18 picks?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 10:34 AM)samhain Wrote: SO you honestly believe that Maye is not going in the first 18 picks?

I'm guessing he forgot to include Maye in his list if you follow the point of his post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 12:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm guessing he forgot to include Maye in his list if you follow the point of his post.

Likely.  I did not intend to capitalize the word "SO", just to be clear.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 10:34 AM)samhain Wrote: SO you honestly believe that Maye is not going in the first 18 picks?

I messed up and listed McCarthy twice. The first one was supposed to be Maye. 

If you'd have thought about it instead if jumping at the chance to be a jerk, it should have been pretry obvious was the mistake was.
Reply/Quote
Like I attempted to say earlier:

Obvious top 10 picks:
QB (3): Williams, Daniels, Maye
----------
Total = 7

Next Tier (12):
OT (5): Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims.
---------
Total = 12.

Two of these guys have to be there. Worst case would likely be McCarthy & Thomas, though YMMV of course.

If McCarthy is picked, it means at least two of the others. Thomas + 1 would make me happy. I am virtually certain McCarthy will not make it to #18.

And that is assuming guys like Latu or Verse are not picked earlier. Or Barton or Mitchell.

This is why I think trading up is extremely unlikely. With 4 QBs likely going we can just sit there and get a goodie at #18. OT, CB, WR, DT, or TE. Other than NT, those are our biggest needs.

For me, worst case would be Thomas & Fautanu left. McCarthy + someone outside those listed (Latu, Verse) or Fautanu going earlier is my dream scenario.

Actually, trading back a couple spots, getting an extra day 2 pick, and still landing one of the top 19 guys would be dream scenario.
Reply/Quote
I would do a lot of things to resurrect Al Davis, who'd throw us a bone by picking someone like... Xavier Worthy, for example. Oh man, I can see it now. It would be a beautiful thing. We need some stubborn team(s) to channel that spirit by thinking they know better and going slightly off the board with Kool-Aid, Chop, Paul, Cooper, Nix...

As long as it's not us lol
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 02:37 PM)tms Wrote: I would do a lot of things to resurrect Al Davis, who'd throw us a bone by picking someone like... Xavier Worthy, for example. Oh man, I can see it now. It would be a beautiful thing. We need some stubborn team(s) to channel that spirit by thinking they know better and going slightly off the board with Kool-Aid, Chop, Paul, Cooper, Nix...

As long as it's not us lol

Sadly, that was the Bengals multiple years, and all over the draft...

But I do like the high hopes and am all in!
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see how many early picks go toward OL this year - a year that is supposedly stacked with OL talent.
Just a few days away!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote