Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I may be getting punchy
It's late and I'm sleepy. I know I need to get to bed.

But I think Peter King, in his Monday column, picked us, the Bengals, to win the Division.

I'll check back in the morning to see if my medicine was out of balance.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:22 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: It's late and I'm sleepy.  I know I need to get to bed.  

But I think Peter King, in his Monday column, picked us, the Bengals, to win the Division.

I'll check back in the morning to see if my medicine was out of balance.

He usually hates the Bengals.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:15 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He usually hates the Bengals.  

This season is going to be the best example of flying under the radar ever and I don't think any of us have a problem with it being that way.
Reply/Quote
He also picked Geno as DPOY and Marvin as a contender for Coach of the Year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Apparently Peter King was drunk too...he don't like the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Here are his picks:

The AFC playoff Picture
Division winners: New England, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Chargers.
Wild-card teams: Pittsburgh, Houston.
Seeds: 1. New England, 2. Jacksonville, 3. Chargers, 4. Cincinnati, 5. Pittsburgh, 6. Houston
AFC title game: New England 30, Los Angeles 23.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here are his picks:

The AFC playoff Picture
Division winners: New England, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Chargers.
Wild-card teams: Pittsburgh, Houston.
Seeds: 1. New England, 2. Jacksonville, 3. Chargers, 4. Cincinnati, 5. Pittsburgh, 6. Houston
AFC title game: New England 30, Los Angeles 23.

Wow, someone actually went outside the box and didn't say the AFC title game would be Pissburgh and NE.....
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 07:53 AM)pally Wrote: He also picked Gene as DPOY and Marvin as a contender for Coach of the Year

Mean Gene Okerlund? Psh, I believe it.

In all seriousness, I absolutely believe this team is more talented than the majority of folks think. If the offensive line holds up, a 10/11 win season is in the cards. I just really hope Ross is the weapon we think he can be. The drops worry me.
Reply/Quote
It's unbelievable how little respect we are getting among the oddsmakers

http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/
Reply/Quote
I saw SI and Sporting News both picked the Bengals to go 4-12 and finish in last.

I know it was just preseason, but the Bengals (outside of Dallas) looked amazing. If the Bengals aren't improved over last year's team, then preseason truly is useless.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:33 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I saw SI and Sporting News both picked the Bengals to go 4-12 and finish in last.

I know it was just preseason, but the Bengals (outside of Dallas) looked amazing. If the Bengals aren't improved over last year's team, then preseason truly is useless.

Preseason is merely a talent evaluator. Some put too much emphasis on the W&L’s. I think the sports media tends to forget this.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:30 AM)Goalpost Wrote: It's unbelievable how little respect we are getting among the oddsmakers

At least there's a chance though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
An interesting article with Peter King’s predictions for the season. He picked the Bengals to win the division and for Geno Atkins to win the DPOY. I don’t usually put much stock into what he has to say, but thought some here might be interested in reading what he has to say.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/khalil-mack-trade-super-bowl-prediction-peter-king/
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:25 AM)wcu Wrote: An interesting article with Peter King’s predictions for the season. He picked the Bengals to win the division and for Geno Atkins to win the DPOY. I don’t usually put much stock into what he has to say, but thought some here might be interested in reading what he has to say.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/khalil-mack-trade-super-bowl-prediction-peter-king/

Thanks for sharing...

Unrelated to our prediction, I found this interesting about Ram's coach McVeigh:

McVay told me in camp he realizes he has to stay progressive to remain ahead of the defenses that have spent an offseason studying his play-calling, his tempo, even his cadences. Early one morning, in his tape den on the campus of UC-Irvine, McVay told me what he’d spent the last few months working on. “The basic thing for us is: What are we doing offensively in order to try and conflict defenses? Whether it’s their matchup responsibilities, or being able to learn our cadence, learn our formations and motion and tempo. We have to use those as weapons to apply pressure to the defense. Our offense is totally different now from this time a year ago. I think it’s all about adjusting and adapting to our players.”

I love that he takes his profession so serious and doesn't back in to "well, if we just execute what I create", which is the crap we have so often heard.  Good for him, and I think this year will be very telling with the heap of expectations laid on them.  
Reply/Quote
There are sports books in Vegas where you can still get the Bengals over/under at 5 games for season win total. If you can get out there, lay some big money on that over all day.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: There are sports books in Vegas where you can still get the Bengals over/under at 5 games for season win total. If you can get out there, lay some big money on that over all day.

Agree big time

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:30 AM)Goalpost Wrote: It's unbelievable how little respect we are getting among the oddsmakers

and amongst fans, after the Dallas game it was doom and gloom and most did not predict us to even do better than last seasons team. 

Plus not sure they will win Super Bowl but in no way are the Bengals a 100/1 shot.

Definitely worth a $20 bet

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:29 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mean Gene Okerlund? Psh, I believe it.

With Mean Gene, we'll be taking that championship belt. Oooh yeeeeah...

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With Mean Gene, we'll be taking that championship belt. Oooh yeeeeah...

We'll certainly be the CREEEEAM OF THE CRAWP. Ohhhh yeah....

Reply/Quote
This team is going into the season with very few health issues and (by all accounts) an improved roster talent-wise. It may not be a championship roster, but it's better than last year's. On top of that, there's an actual plan in place on offense. Inexplicably, there apparently wasn't one at this time last season. That's also big.

An honest assessment of Andy Dalton will show that when he has weapons around him, he can put up MVP caliber numbers. Eifert
is healthy, Ross is looking more like a top 10 draft pick. The running back stable is fairly stacked even if the line they run behind is not. The defensive line is among the best in the league and the starters in the secondary are solid to very good.

Cleveland is bad. Hue looks like a weak coach who's days are numbered. They still have yet to prove that anything has changed. Baltimore is a team that's likely about to go through a quarterback change. They have a nobody at running back and a bunch of old WRs, same as almost every year lately. Pittsburgh looks loaded but undisciplined. Who knows what Bell is going to do? Ben is whiner and his act continues as he ages. His time is nearing. Their coach, frankly, sucks. He gets embarrassed regularly by every rival other than the Bengals. Their scariest attributes are their o-line and pass rush. I feel like the Jacksonville game may have broken their spirit in a bigger way than we expect.

I'm not expecting it, but I think the Bengals can win the North. People like to crap on the Marvin decision, but at the end of the day, it's still a roster with a lot of talent that did a lot to address it's issues.
Reply/Quote