Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I miss Fredtoast's badgering style and may be partly to blame for his banning.
Last thing I remember was Fredtoast, myself and maybe one or two others battling it out over Pac Man. Marvin Lewis commenting about TD celebrations being a bad influence on kids was also in the mix. The logic then went to how would Marvin feel if Pac Man TD celebrates in front of kids. It then went on another tangent from there. Fred was firing on all cylinders in defense of Pac man. The conversation got to a Peaking point where I knew I could honk Fred off some so I made a Post wondering exactly how he would Fire back.

I came back a while later to my computer to see what he may have said only to find that many of the Posts were taken down and Fred had been banned. Not sure if he had replied to me or someone else, or if maybe something had happened on a whole different thread leading to deleted Posts.

Anyway, I miss Fred's aggressive style and was wondering when he is due back.

He adds Spice to the Board and the seemingly confrontational back and forth Posts are all in good fun.
I'm pretty sure you're not to blame. It feels like Fred's been suspended and banned so many times.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-10-2017, 11:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm pretty sure you're not to blame. It feels like Fred's been suspended and banned so many times.

The conversation was pretty revved up with 3 of us posters heavily involved, then Posts were deleted. Highly likely it was that string of conversations.

Any idea when he comes back this time ?

He adds an entertainment value to the Board and keeps Posters on their toes with the unexpected angles he comes from on various issues.

I think he enjoys getting challenged back on ideas. Less boring when he's around.
I feel party to blame as well. I called him out on his BS countless times and he started to get really snippy and more arrogant than usual. But really, I don't feel bad about it. Nobody should. He did it to himself.

For the majority of his time here, Fred was just trolling and trying to stir up drama. There were some moments where Fred dropped the troll act and offered up some honest, well-thought out discussions (particularly last season where he finally started to admit he was getting tired of Marvin... But of course, that didn't last and he soon went back to smugly ridiculing anybody who dared question his beloved head coach Whatever  ).

It is what it is. I believe Fred will likely be back at some point. He got busted with his new, fake account and also had that one banned over a month ago. I don't know if his ban has been lengthened because if that  or what. I guess we'll see.
It sounds like people are just not getting their villain/heel fix....
If you were missing that, you should have just said so...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Fred always played devils advocate and knew what he was doing while doing so.

Yet it is less boring with him around and he is a true Bengals fan.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Man, I can't wait until Fred DOES come back just so I can quote you guys these posts of pining.

Fred is like the TV show Rosanne. Sure it had plenty of success, and people might even look back on it with some fond nostalgia since it's no longer around.

Then once you manage to actually get some more of it, you realize you have to deal with this...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Meh, I've seen....and had....plenty of good conversations on here where people disagree on a topic, sometimes vehemently.  The difference is, there is respect shown from both parties, and no one is called an idiot for their opinion.  The o line thread right now has some very good back and forth going on with very good points for all points of view.  Yet, no one is insulting anyone over it.  Personally, I enjoy the new direction without cherry picked quotes out of context and meaningless, manipulated stats.

"Better send those refunds..."

(08-10-2017, 12:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I feel party to blame as well. I called him out on his BS countless times and he started to get really snippy and more arrogant than usual. But really, I don't feel bad about it. Nobody should. He did it to himself.

For the majority of his time here, Fred was just trolling and trying to stir up drama. There were some moments where Fred dropped the troll act and offered up some honest, well-thought out discussions (particularly last season where he finally started to admit he was getting tired of Marvin... But of course, that didn't last and he soon went back to smugly ridiculing anybody who dared question his beloved head coach Whatever  ).

It is what it is. I believe Fred will likely be back at some point. He got busted with his new, fake account and also had that one banned over a month ago. I don't know if his ban has been lengthened because if that  or what. I guess we'll see.

I'm pushing 50 and grew up in a non Internet and no cell phone time period.

I hear the term Trolling and know what it means but to me a person can either defend any points they make or not. So bring on the so called Trolls.

Fred definitely stakes out an angle to come from and then pokes the Bear so to speak. To me he's not a Troll per se. He can go pretty Deep with his Logic even if I'm not buying his Logic. It may be like a Sport to him. I actually enjoy the verbal jousting myself.

By pushing people's buttons, any Poster opens themselves up to getting their button's pushed back because they have to stake out some territory on an issue. Getting banned likely means that someone else got to the banned Poster. Poked them in a way they over-reacted to.
(08-10-2017, 12:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Man, I can't wait until Fred DOES come back just so I can quote you guys these posts of pining.

Fred is like the TV show Rosanne. Sure it had plenty of success, and people might even look back on it with some fond nostalgia since it's no longer around.

Then once you manage to actually get some more of it, you realize you have to deal with this...

You may be the Wisest one of all.

I may openly regret my so called Pining for the "good old days" with Fred.

You can then pull up one of my Pining Posts and Zing me with it.     LOL      Tongue
I guess I'm with ya too.  I always did enjoy Fred's badgering and I do miss him too.  Ya he may have got arrogant at times, but seriously, what lawyer hasn't?  It didn't bother me any.  I guess i don't take an internet message board seriously enough to let someone get to me like that.  I hope he comes back sooner, rather than later.  He does bring a lot to the table, a lot of thought provoking ideas, whether or not you agree or disagree with him.  and like someone else already mentioned, he is one of us, a Bengal fan. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Fred had an opinion (well several actually) and I see nothing wrong with having an opposing opinion. 
Heck, I have plenty of opinions that differ from the majority here.
What I try to avoid here is getting in pissing matches with people over opinions. You either like my opinion or you don't. It doesn't matter one tiny, eensy weensy bit to me and I'm not going to argue for 3 days over the merits of some silly argument over who is or isn't right. 
Go ahead..try to pick an argument with me..I'll disappear for a week or more till everyone forgets it even happened..
On the same hand I don't think anybody needs banned over this stuff (arguing about opinions) unless that's the only thing they want to do . Just make your point and move on. Jeeez. I quit engaging in prick waving contests in 5th grade.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Well Fred is on another Bengal forum n just as annoying as ever . It's like a ghost town there so he's pretty much arguing against himself .
(08-10-2017, 01:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I guess I'm with ya too.  I always did enjoy Fred's badgering and I do miss him too.  Ya he may have got arrogant at times, but seriously, what lawyer hasn't?  It didn't bother me any.  I guess i don't take an internet message board seriously enough to let someone get to me like that.  I hope he comes back sooner, rather than later.  He does bring a lot to the table, a lot of thought provoking ideas, whether or not you agree or disagree with him.  and like someone else already mentioned, he is one of us, a Bengal fan. 

......if it wasn't the same ol same ol over and over, I might agree.  I didn't let him get to me (on this board, but I did a couple times on the old one....lol), and I must admit I enjoyed gouging back to the point he was pissed, or just outright left the thread. (you could tell he was getting upset when the spelling and grammatical errors increased, lol)  That said, all of that is, at least, a violation of the CoC.  Is that what we want, or do we want productive discussion that doesn't lead to a shit ton of name calling?  Just my 2 cents......

(08-10-2017, 01:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Fred had an opinion (well several actually) and I see nothing wrong with having an opposing opinion. 
Heck, I have plenty of opinions that differ from the majority here.
What I try to avoid here is getting in pissing matches with people over opinions. You either like my opinion or you don't. It doesn't matter one tiny, eensy weensy bit to me and I'm not going to argue for 3 days over the merits of some silly argument over who is or isn't right. 
Go ahead..try to pick an argument with me..I'll disappear for a week or more till everyone forgets it even happened..
On the same hand I don't think anybody needs banned over this stuff (arguing about opinions) unless that's the only thing they want to do . Just make your point and move on. Jeeez. I quit engaging in prick waving contests in 5th grade.. 

Agreed......

(08-10-2017, 01:25 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Well Fred is on another Bengal forum n just as annoying as ever .  It's like a ghost town there so he's pretty much arguing against himself  .

I see he lost his "Most Active Poster" title to GMDino. He's down 20 Posts now.

He probably liked having that Title and when he comes back he will likely go on a Posting Spree to try to get it back.
Sign the Petition to bring Fred back:

rezolve11

Hilarious

I do miss Fred's posts. I found myself agreeing with him on quite a few occasions Ninja
I'm sure Fred is still lurking. Probably under a new user name. Wait till the season starts and set a trap by starting a Marvin sucks thread.. That should pull him out of hiding.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Because he was of the old guard (and I was on his side, many times), I felt a sort of kinship with him (not like the kinship I feel with bfine, Shake, etc., but still), though that dwindled when he took a swing at me for no reason... and he was arguing for the same points I was lol.

One thing that was annoying, was his constant back and forth with Brad, that Brad still wouldn't drop... but that's ok. (so many times a great conversation would be derailed)

Wonder if the mods will EVER let him back lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(08-10-2017, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm sure Fred is still lurking. Probably under a new user name. Wait till the season starts and set a trap by starting a Marvin sucks thread.. That should pull him out of hiding.

Do you have proof of this suckingor is that just an opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk