Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I miss Marvin
I truly believe this team would of been 6-3 at this point in the year with Marvin. Zac Taylor is a geek in way over his head
Reply/Quote
People need to stop with this. Marvin is part of the reason this team is in the mess they are today. Marvin’s time was long over due. This team has 2 wins in the last 19 games!

I asked a question on here the first or second week of the season if anyone’s opinion on Marvin as a coach will differ depending on how this season goes. Just about everyone said no. Or said Marvin peaked as a coach, or were just tired of him, or Anyone but Marvin.

I’m not willing to call for the new coaches head just yet. The coordinators are a different story. We should be calling for Zac and MB to upgrade. We should be demanding better from MB when it comes to FA, drafting etc. and we damn sure better be demanding more than just a Marvin.

This team was bad last year with Marvin and other experienced coaches. You would really rather have Marvin back. Why? So we can be 1-8 or maybe 2-7. MB gave Marvin 16 damn years, the least we can do is give the new coach a couple.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:58 AM)TKUHL Wrote: People need to stop with this. Marvin is part of the reason this team is in the mess they are today. Marvin’s time was long over due. This team has 2 wins in the last 19 games!

I asked a question on here the first or second week of the season if anyone’s opinion on Marvin as a coach will differ depending on how this season goes. Just about everyone said no. Or said Marvin peaked as a coach, or were just tired of him, or Anyone but Marvin.

I’m not willing to call for the new coaches head just yet. The coordinators are a different story. We should be calling for Zac and MB to upgrade. We should be demanding better from MB when it comes to FA, drafting etc. and we damn sure better be demanding more than just a Marvin.

This team was bad last year with Marvin and other experienced coaches. You would really rather have Marvin back. Why? So we can be 1-8 or maybe 2-7. MB gave Marvin 16 damn years, the least we can do is give the new coach a couple.

Marvin gave us multiple playoff years and the only coach in Bengals history to have 3 or more playoff years in a row. 
This team would not be 0-9 with Marvin this year. Although we needed a change at HC, and we have a horrible HC and staff including the Front Office. Don't F'n blame this chit of a team on Marvin. I have been saying for a long time that wanted Marvin fired, be careful of what you asked for because you may not like what you get. Presto, you got what you wanted a team that is well on its way to 0-16.  

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
^Marvin also had Mike Zimmer, Jay Gruden , and Hue Jackson (when he was a good OC - don't know about now because nobody will give him a chance.)

Not to mention a couple of fresh young good draft classes.

Reply/Quote
CHILD PUHLEASE!!!

Reply/Quote
Marvin sucked.
Reply/Quote
A hee, hee, hee. We just gotta work harder, and play better..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:14 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^Marvin also had Mike Zimmer, Jay Gruden , and Hue Jackson (when he was a good OC - don't know about now because nobody will give him a chance.)

Not to mention a couple of fresh young good draft classes.

So maybe the new guy should hire some competent coaches, and fire his friends...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Marvin was the Andy Dalton of coaches. Think about that for a minute because Andy also made the playoffs. Mike Brown has the fans thankful for mediocrity. Andy can only take a team so far and Marvin is the same way. Marvin looks better than this new coach but the goal should be to Win a Super bowl.
Reply/Quote
Marvin had his shot....as he said, he didn't get it done. Practically an entire generation's worth.
Reply/Quote
Marvin nostalgia. That came quick.

[Attached picture: "Miss me yet?" meme with giggling Marvin I was way too lazy to actually make]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:58 AM)TKUHL Wrote: People need to stop with this. Marvin is part of the reason this team is in the mess they are today. Marvin’s time was long over due. This team has 2 wins in the last 19 games!

The only thing I'm ever going to demand from Mike Brown is that he sign a DNR (do not resuscitate) order when he's at deaths door.
I should mention my now dead cat could have been named the new HC and gotten the exact same results Zac has gotten. No head coach at all and in fact, no coaching staff whatsoever could have gotten the same results. Losing to everyone ain't exactly rocket science.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Very much so ! This team hasn't been good, at all since mid 2015.

In the last half of 2015 we played 5 games against playoff teams, we lost every game !

In 2016 we beat a grand total of 1 team with a winning record (Dolphins) 3 of our 6 wins were against 2 teams with a combined 6-26 record (Jets, Browns x2)

In 2017 two of our seven wins were against the 0-16 Browns and another win vs. the 4-12 Colts. Our claim to fame was beating the Ravens knocking them out of the playoffs.

In 2018 after the 4-1 start, which was fools gold, we finished 2-9 our only victories coming against the awful Bucs and Raiders. 

This team wasn't good last year or the year before or the year before, the only thing that kept us out of being listed among the awful was playing a 1 win in two seasons Browns team twice a year !

Stop acting like this team had something going under ML for crying out loud.
Reply/Quote
I don't
Reply/Quote

see enough to know we should be starting our next coaching search sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: see enough to know we should be starting our next coaching search sooner than later.

Wow. Everyone is turning on Taylor.

I agree with you...he needs fired. Just surprising that's all.
Reply/Quote
I miss Sam Wyche.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Marvin had this team when healthy at 4-1 last season. I also guarantee AJ would if already been back if Marvin was still here. Zac Taylor is a joke
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: Marvin had this team when healthy at 4-1 last season. I also guarantee AJ would if already been back if Marvin was still here. Zac Taylor is a joke

The joke is this thread. Marvin needed to go. The team sucking this year doesn't all of a sudden make Marvin's fire bad. It was still needed. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The joke is this thread. Marvin needed to go. The team sucking this year doesn't all of a sudden make Marvin's fire bad. It was still needed. 

I do agree with that. His fire was gone here. The organization beat him down.

That said, there were better coaches out there than Taylor.

ie...Taylor failing doesn't mean it was bad to move on from Marvin. For all we know, Marvin may not have wanted to come back.
Reply/Quote