Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I rather be Bengals Defense now than?
Yeah they wont lose all 3 of Lawson, Alexander, Jackson. They could keep all 3. Theyll have space to do it...but I think probably 1-2 stay.

I do think Jackson and Lawson will cost a premium.

I know the NFL is different, but in other sports teams are dumping salary. I hope the Bengals dont do that.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 12:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Allowing over 25 points per game is not a good defense on any scale yet that is where we are.  If you look at the postgame statistics you’ll see why:  Most weeks the leaders in tackles are from the secondary; on good teams most tackles are made by linemen or linebackers.  This means the defensive line is getting owned, period.

Forgetting scoring is up we hold houston an balt under 20s we probably finish top 16 in scoring big improvement from last year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 09:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I really don;t think our defense since game 8 is being given enough credit especially not having Mixon all games and Burrow last 4 games.

In the last 8 games, they have given up 21 points or less in 5 of the 7 games ( any Dallas was gifted short field in first 3 positions) and given up average of 350 in those games which puts us in top 10 range in yards given up over those 8 games...

After watching some defenses the last few weeks ie Minnesota ( horrible), Raiders, Lions, Falcons, I feel much better about our Defense.

That's because our players now are way better... remember how bad our LBs were? Vigil etc.   They can't run it sideways against us anymore.
Reply/Quote
Watching the Vikings’ and Lions’ defenses over the past couple of days has the Bengals D looking like they are the ‘85 Bears.
Reply/Quote
We're giving up 4.6 ypc on the year. That's not good at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 09:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I really don;t think our defense since game 8 is being given enough credit especially not having Mixon all games and Burrow last 4 games.

In the last 8 games, they have given up 21 points or less in 5 of the 7 games ( any Dallas was gifted short field in first 3 positions) and given up average of 350 in those games which puts us in top 10 range in yards given up over those 8 games...

After watching some defenses the last few weeks ie Minnesota ( horrible), Raiders, Lions, Falcons, I feel much better about our Defense.

Playing the bottom feeder NFC East and the collapsing Pittsburgh offense certainly helped those stats.

Still doesn't justify keeping Taylor around a minute longer.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote