Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I refuse to engage in that Raider *****/whine-fest
That play was a TD with no ref interference. The only reason this is a convo is because a random ref blew his whistle while the ball was in play. That’s not our fault. Stop crying like a ***** over it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
So you made another thread about it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This one reminds me of when Marvin stormed onto the field to throw an "illegal" challenge flag because the opposing defense had just gotten away with running a down with 12 men on the field.  The refs were going to let it go, but had to sort of fudge the rules to go back and correct it.  If the letter of the rule is flagrantly stupid, and may affect the outcome of the game, I could see reasonable leeway with something like this.  The whistle pretty obviously did not affect the play itself.  
Reply/Quote
I'm so over it as well. Not our fault the ref messed up, then they keep the play as a TD after it was reviewed.

I feel sorry the Raiders got the blunt end of the call, but not my fault.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I don't want it to overshadow the win, but it actually doesn't so it doesn't bother me. I watched the game, I understand if the whole game was called consistently we still win.

If you don't want to engage, stop addressing it. Try to ignore all threads related to the call, this one included.
Reply/Quote
I don’t see what the big deal is. It didn’t impact the play on the field. It was going to be a TD regardless. My question is, why the F was there a whistle in the first place. No reason at all to blow that whistle, wasn’t to protect the QB, he was 5 yards out of bounds. It was a great play being overshadowed by a whistle that never should have been blown.
Reply/Quote
If anyone bitches about the refs ask them how in the hell a raiders timeout resulted in our qb getting hit.
Reply/Quote
If you go by the rule book, that play should have been replayed. If everything happened in reverse, people here would be bitching about that play and using as evidence that a player from 3 decades ago holds a curse on the team.

I’m certainly glad it wasn’t replayed, and I’m ok with a botched call benefiting the Bengals. All teams get them…I won’t turn my nose up when they come to us.

It was a really, really good play by Burrow, and deserved to be a TD.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The whistle didn’t affect the play one bit. No matter what happened there one team was getting the BS end of a bad call. Either them for it not being replayed or us for a stupid ref blowing the whistle for no reason. Glad it was the Raiders who have to complain.

If you are stuck between a rock and a hard place like the refs were trying to sort that mess out after the fact, I’m glad they picked the way that left them NOT impacting the game. If whistle hadn’t blown the same result would have happened. Leaving the TD actually didn’t affect anything except giving the raiders an excuse for their loss in a game they only ever led 3-0.

Even if they replayed the down we still have a shot at scoring. Cry me a river, they just wanted an unfair advantage from the refs. They got a couple of those during the game. Sorry the refs didn’t help you out more but anyone that watched that game knows the bengals are the better team.2-0 on the year vs LV. Take your L and go home.
Reply/Quote
It's not a controversy, the pundints and gamblers are just hurting and rather focus on that than the awesome victory the bengals embraced. Did the news interview the person who waged $1 million on the bengals winning the superbowl? anyone know?
Reply/Quote
I think now this play will be overshadowed by the Dallas Cowboys' last play. That resulted in fans throwing debris at the refs and Prescott pleased with how the fans reacted: "Credit to them, then. Credit to them," and complaining about the ref running into him. With the cowboys fan base, it will overshadow the Raiders game.
Reply/Quote
I moved on the second after it happened.

We've been getting shafted by calls like that for 30 years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Spilled milk and Jimmy Crack Corn anyway on Raiders fans, because I don't care.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Most rational people, including a lot of Raiders fans, don't think it was that big of a deal. If you're reading on Twitter (possibly the least rational conversation forum ever created?) or listening to National media (basically paid to make irrational takes for clicks) then you'll see a lot of chatter about it.

I've yet to see one of them give an actual good explanation. Say we do replay the down and the Bengals get a 1st instead of the TD (it was only 3rd and 4). We end up either scoring 3 or a TD and the Raiders likely have no time to counter with any points. So instead of going into half time up 7 we go in up 10-14.

It's possible we fail and end up kicking 3 but that also leaves less time for LV so who knows if they score a TD and still the score is the same going into half. People acting like we just lose 7 points and everything else stays the same are just stupid people who can't comprehend cause and effect.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you go by the rule book, that play should have been replayed. If everything happened in reverse, people here would be bitching about that play and using as evidence that a player from 3 decades ago holds a curse on the team.

I’m certainly glad it wasn’t replayed, and I’m ok with a botched call benefiting the Bengals. All teams get them…I won’t turn my nose up when they come to us.

It was a really, really good play by Burrow, and deserved to be a TD.

To be fair, there should never of been a whistle in the first place. The ref was an idiot. Either way, it would of been one team getting screwed by a bad ref. We definitely were on the right side of a bad call, but the bad call was the result of a bad whistle. I feel for the Raiders when it comes to the play not getting replayed, but if that series hadn't resulted in a TD, then they themselves would of gotten away with one.
Reply/Quote
Right or wrong, it's in the record books and everyone of importance has moved forward and set up the next scheduled game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Plus even if they said whistle mattered, it would still be 3rd down and 4 yds to go from 11 yd line.

No telling what would have happened, could have easily thrown another TD or a 4 yd first down.

But will say that the refs sucked all game both ways and feel their fans pain,

Just don't sympathize for them in the least bit.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
26-19. Scoreboard don't lie.

Apologies for diverting the thread, but speaking of a whinefest, the two biggest babies in the NFL play for the same team. All they did last night when they weren't watching the other team score was beg for calls. TJ "They Can't Block Me So Obviously I Was Held Wah Wah" Watt, and Pig Ben "He Touched My Little Toe So Call Roughing Boo Hoo" Rapistburger. That's pretty ironic, considering they had to take out our QB's knee to get past the first round in 05. Tough town, tough team, my ass.
Reply/Quote
Rulebook needs changes and the refs should be full time, NFL makes way too much not to
Reply/Quote
Actually the call was not bad the whistle was. The call was the only reasonable solution to the situation that the whistle created. And New York backed it up.
Reply/Quote