Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw Batman vs Superman last night...
(03-25-2016, 11:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's a pretty fair representation of what i saw as well.  It was, in a word: disjointed.  The pacing was off.  Affleck added nothing to the movie and was probably just the same brooding person Jennifer Garner used to see hanging around the house.  Not to mention that this "epic struggle" could have been easily diffused if Batman had just spoken to Supes on the phone for about ten minutes.  There's a lenthy dream sequence that went on so long I thought that they might have cut the movie wrong and we'd jumped ahead about 30 minutes in the story.  But, no.

All of that, however, paled in comparison to the ending.  What a kick in the gnads to the audience after they led you to make an emotional invstment in the final act.  Then, instead of having the balls to see it all the way through, they say "gotcha" and roll the credits because, hey, we've got x number of movies to crank out the next decade to pad our coffers and keep pace with Marvel.

You know, critics aren't infallible.  But, when they all point out the same issues with a movie and tell you it's not good, you might want to listen.  And, I went in without having read a single review.  My mistake.

Save your money and wait for the Wonder Woman movie they tease you with in this hot mess.  That looks like it could be decent.  This isn't worth $12.50 or, frankly, the 150 minutes of your life you'll waste.

This........this is exactly why I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.  Looking more towards the Suicide Squad than this 'hot karl' of a movie.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Not nearly as bad as critics made it out to be.

Not nearly as good as the fanboys made it out to be.

It was enjoyable. Had some of the same flaws as Amazing Spider-Man 2, but was overall a better film.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:15 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not nearly as bad as critics made it out to be.

Not nearly as good as the fanboys made it out to be.

It was enjoyable. Had some of the same flaws as Amazing Spider-Man 2, but was overall a better film.

Then I am definitely not watching it. TASM2 was one of the worst super hero films I've ever seen. I was physically angry after watching that crap show. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 10:25 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Then I am definitely not watching it. TASM2 was one of the worst super hero films I've ever seen. I was physically angry after watching that crap show. 

Bats vs Supes tries to do way too much (the flaw it shares with ASM 2) and it ended up getting in its own way at times. I get that they wanted to lay some franchise-building groundwork, but the plugs were just a little too awkward.

It was worth the 4.75 I paid to see it, but I probably wouldn't pay full price.
Reply/Quote
And one more thing: can the studios stop wasting time on Batmans origin story? Everyone knows his parents were shot. The movie could have used that time way better.

That goes for Spider Man too.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: And one more thing: can the studios stop wasting time on Batmans origin story? Everyone knows his parents were shot. The movie could have used that time way better.

That goes for Spider Man too.

Agreed. Really it's that way with most superheros. You don't have to spend a half hour retelling the same thing.

The more I hear about this movie, the more I think I'd rather dry hump a cheese grater than go watch it.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:08 AM)McC Wrote: I don't understand the whole concept.  Why would Batman and Superman be against each other?  Aren't they both good guys?  Plus, how on earth could Batman, a mere mortal, stand a chance against Superman?

Same way i have always felt. Just don't get it.

Loved Man of Steel and the previous Batmans' with Christian Bale too BTW. Cannot stand Affleck or Eisenberg.

Maybe it might surprise me though, who knows.
Reply/Quote
It was a better than average Batman film. It was a boring Superman film. It was a good Wonder Woman film. I'm not excited about either the Flash or Cyborg, but Aquaman has promise. I also don't want to watch the Justice League take on Darkseid, because I watched Batman hide back as Doomsday attacked and then shoot one kryptonite grenade.

Afleck wasn't a bad Batman. Gadot played a good Wonder Woman. I still don't like Cavill's Superman. Superman Returns was a far better film for Superman than these Snyder ones.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote