Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think Coach Lewis returns
The team is looking like if only we had a D early and got lucky on some injuries, the season would have been different. It's looking more and more like Marvin stays as he proves with a solid D, the team can compete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's looking more and more like Marvin stays as he proves with a solid D, the team can compete for twelfth place. 

FTFY. 

The Chiefs and Saints games were not competetive. 
Reply/Quote
I said at the beginning of the season if we don't make the playoffs Lewis needs to go and I stand by that.

WTS: I think this has been his best coaching season since he came on board.

If we part ways he'll have his pick of DC jobs and possibly a HC interview or 2.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said at the beginning of the season if we don't make the playoffs Lewis needs to go and I stand by that.

If we part ways he'll have his pick of DC jobs and possibly a HC interview or 2.

Wow. That's quite the take.

Would you care to elaborate why it's his best coaching effort yet?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said at the beginning of the season if we don't make the playoffs Lewis needs to go and I stand by that.

Shocked

This is arguably the worst coached team of the Marvin Lewis era. The lack of organization, the lack of discipline, the blown leads, the likely losing season, the historically bad defense... I cannot recall or more poorly-coached team.

Can you please elaborate??
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 07:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. That's quite the take.

Would you care to elaborate why it's his best coaching effort yet?

Although folks want to consider it excuses; this team has been destroyed by injuries. 

The defense has done a 180 since we fired Austin.

We have 2 OCs; while Marvin tries to be DC and HC

He's as aggressive as I've ever seen him in his career.

As I said: if we don't make the playoffs he needs to go, but GMs see these things. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Although folks want to consider it excuses; this team has been destroyed by injuries. 

As I said: if we don't make the playoffs he needs to go, but GMs see these things. 

This team was very average before the injuries

Why was Austin here in the first place, and why did it take so long to get rid of him ?

He's aggressive as hell - when it no longer matters........pffttt

This is the worst coahing staff in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Considering the history, saying you think he will be back is not exactly a bold prediction.
Reply/Quote

Why, because he beat a 3 win Raiders team at home? 

How good was his coaching against the Browns or Broncos? Or against the Chiefs and Saints?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: The team is looking like if only we had a D early and got lucky on some injuries, the season would have been different. It's looking more and more like Marvin stays as he proves with a solid D, the team can compete.

The defense has been absolutely horrible all year. Somehow Geno got 3 sacks today, probably because Oakland is actually worse than us.

I think most teams would have had an under .500 record with this junk of a defense playing. Gotta be limited pride on that side.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why, because he beat a 3 win Raiders team at home? 

How good was his coaching against the Browns or Broncos? Or against the Chiefs and Saints?

Hey now, we can't ask Marvin to win against teams he shouldn't beat. We only ask him to beat teams he should beat, and that sample size gets smaller every year.

Yes, Browns are a team that we shouldn't beat. They will spank us again since they have a real Defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Although folks want to consider it excuses; this team has been destroyed by injuries. 

Real GM's would also see that he couldn't win a playoff game in 16 years and that he's just 94-103 versus the AFC in his career, counting the playoff games. A real GM would have never let Marvin survive long enough to get to this newest batch of excuses.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Real GM's would also see that he couldn't win a playoff game in 16 years and that he's just 94-103 versus the AFC in his career, counting the playoff games. A real GM would have never let Marvin survive long enough to get to this newest batch of excuses.

Yep ! A real GM would have fired ML 8 years ago if not sooner
Reply/Quote
We were just eliminated with Stoolers win. Fire Mediocre Marv Now!
Reply/Quote
I have freely said Marvin should be fired; the marriage is beyond stale.

We've lost players all year and what has the FO done to try and replace them?

We fired our DC and brought in Hue Jackson to help

I'll just disagree with the fans that think Marvin will not be employed in the NFL next year (if he wants) if MB lets him go.

Reply/Quote
I think Marvin may get a DC job. I dont think Brown will fire him but he will resign.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have freely said Marvin should be fired; the marriage is beyond stale.

We've lost players all year and what has the FO done to try and replace them?

We fired our DC and brought in Hue Jackson to help

I'll just disagree with the fans that think Marvin will not be employed in the NFL next year (if he wants) if MB lets him go.

I saw the Chargers beat the Chiefs in KC with Keenan Allen injured and Melvin Gordon out.

Injuries happen in the NFL.

The Steelers are leading the division without Bell all year and Connor.

The Ravens are without Flacco.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is rich af, and has been a HC for 16 years, why in the world would he want to go back to being a DC?

If anything I could see him taking some nice cushy FO job.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin is rich af, and has been a HC for 16 years, why in the world would he want to go back to being a DC?

If anything I could see him taking some nice cushy FO job.

Front Office or Media I think. I agree...he's not going to be a DC again.

He's reportedly making $6 million this year...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Front Office or Media I think. I agree...he's not going to be a DC again.

He's reportedly making $6 million this year...

Then FO.  Can you honestly see Marvin in an analyst or broadcasting position?  Constant giggling and acting like everybody but you is an idiot won't be things viewers want to see when they watch ballgames.  He's boring and stale.  Nobody outside Cincinnati gives a rat's ass about him, and fewer in Cincinnati will want to see his face after the last few years.
Reply/Quote