Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-31-2018, 12:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I believe you and others like you feed off our frustration and try to set yourself on a pedestal looking down with a holier than thou attitude. 

The fact that you think since I reacted to the OP about the negativity that surrounds the team by offering a way to reduce it is acting holier than thou says more about you than me. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't mind contributing to negativity, though.

There you go then. Have at it. At least youre being honest. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:42 PM)McC Wrote: Quit acting like it's a concrete thing that can somehow magically envelop PBs and make the bad things worse.  On this planet, that just makes no sense.

I dont know what planet you live on, but adding to the negativity is exactly making a bad thing worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: There you go then. Have at it. At least youre being honest. 

Hey, for all you know Marvin got fired because Mike Brown's great great great great great grand nephew saw this forum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: I dont know what planet you live on, but adding to the negativity is exactly making a bad thing worse.

If anything, it would have the opposite effect, motivating the people in the building to show the fans how wrong they are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: This is where you went wrong. We know the reasons why fans are displeased (causation). But fans are also the ones who have control over how they respond to that displeasure. So the causation is not the issue since we already know the why. Once that is in place, the only thing that matters is how you respond since that is the only thing you can control. If you run somebody off the road in a fit of road rage, we know why you where pissed. What mattered (and what you could have controlled) was your negative response to the situation. 

I understand that. Which is why I say it's completely normal to know why people are negative all the time with this franchise. You explained it here exactly in that manner. The Bengals ran us off the road, it's completely understandable to be angry at that situation. Peoples choice of expressing themselves is not something we should be paying attention to as the problem is all I'm saying. If you're roof is leaking, I'm not blaming or questioning my gutters for why they're not working properly. I simply fix the roof if that's the problem I'm trying to solve. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, for all you know Marvin got fired because Mike Brown's great great great great great grand nephew saw this forum.

See, a positive step.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:58 PM)McC Wrote: If anything, it would have the opposite effect, motivating the people in the building to show the fans how wrong they are.

Because theyve always listened and responded to the fan whining before?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: No. Shut up if you dont want to contribute to the negativity. That's all.

Go to a Steelers site anytime they lose a game. Negativity rules that page more than any Bengals page. Did it stop them from winning six super bowls. No. Your unfounded assumptions are not supported by any scientific facts. I guess you are a believer in the "POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING". I believe the SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS RHE GREASE. Before you say anything just look at the posts disputing your theory. You look silly with your unfounded assumptions and are only digging yourself deeper.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:58 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I understand that. Which is why I say it's completely normal to know why people are negative all the time with this franchise. You explained it here exactly in that manner. The Bengals ran us off the road, it's completely understandable to be angry at that situation. Peoples choice of expressing themselves is not something we should be paying attention to as the problem is all I'm saying. If you're roof is leaking, I'm not blaming or questioning my gutters for why they're not working properly. I simply fix the roof if that's the problem I'm trying to solve. 

And if the problem youre trying to solve is reducing the amount of negativity surrounding the team, then you suggest being less negative. I think we are in agreement then. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:00 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Go to a Steelers site anytime they lose a game. Negativity rules that page more than any Bengals page. Did it stop them from winning six super bowls. No. Your unfounded assumptions are not supported by any scientific facts. I guess you are a believer in the "POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING". I believe the SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS RHE GREASE. Before you say anything just look at the posts disputing your theory. You look silly with your unfounded assumptions and are only digging yourself deeper.

I get it. You really want to be negative. Go for it. Knock yourself out. But dont suggest youre not part of the negative toxicity.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:00 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Go to a Steelers site anytime they lose a game. Negativity rules that page more than any Bengals page. Did it stop them from winning six super bowls. No. Your unfounded assumptions are not supported by any scientific facts. I guess you are a believer in the "POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING". I believe the SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS RHE GREASE. Before you say anything just look at the posts disputing your theory. You look silly with your unfounded assumptions and are only digging yourself deeper.

Uhh, maybe not scientific "facts", but this is kinda narrow thinking. I actually believe a great deal in positive thinking, but I also realize that we have more than one emotion as human beings, and we're also not perfect. I try my best to be positive, but catch myself with negative thoughts and emotions. But don't underestimate the power of positive thinking. There's been tons and tons of research regarding this. Your mind is the most sophisticated thing on planet earth, I wouldn't underestimate it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Because theyve always listened and responded to the fan whining before?

Now wait just a damn minute.  Which is it?  First it matters, now it doesn't?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: And if the problem youre trying to solve is reducing the amount of negativity surrounding the team, then you suggest being less negative. I think we are in agreement then. 

5 Why's time (root cause analysis 101)

Why are Bengals fans negative? 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:12 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Uhh, maybe not scientific "facts", but this is kinda narrow thinking. I actually believe a great deal in positive thinking, but I also realize that we have more than one emotion as human beings, and we're also not perfect. I try my best to be positive, but catch myself with negative thoughts and emotions. But don't underestimate the power of positive thinking. There's been tons and tons of research regarding this. Your mind is the most sophisticated thing on planet earth, I wouldn't underestimate it.

Well, maybe not his mind. Underestimation could be fair in this case.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: 5 Why's time (root cause analysis 101)

Why are Bengals fans negative? 

We already know why. Once the why is in place, then you look at possible responses to the why. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: I get it. You really want to be negative. Go for it. Knock yourself out. But dont suggest youre not part of the negative toxicity.

Marvin is gone . SQUEAKY WHEEL JUST GOT GREASED!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:15 PM)McC Wrote: Now wait just a damn minute.  Which is it?  First it matters, now it doesn't?

Fan negativity matters in contribution the overall negative toxicity surrounding the club. But you contend it will force MB to change...it wont. There have to be many more factors involved to get him to change than simply negative fans griping to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:21 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Marvin is gone . SQUEAKY WHEEL JUST GOT GREASED!!!!!!!!!

Marvin is gone....a positive step that I guarantee your b!tching had zero to do with. Hang onto your negativity though, I admire your tenacity in wanting to stay that way. We are getting a new coach for you to b!tch about.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: Marvin is gone....a positive step that I guarantee your b!tching had zero to do with. Hang onto your negativity though, I admire your tenacity in wanting to stay that way. We are getting a new coach for you to b!tch about.

I think the negativity of all those empty seats might have had something to do with it.

Reply/Quote