Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Zampese will have innovated during the bye week.
Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but I believe we will see a very high powered offense next Sunday. I'm betting we put at least 30 points on the board so if our D can hold it will be a statement game and what ultimately keeps us in hopes for the post season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hoping you are prophetic.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
On Monday night I doubt it, I look for Andy to be inconsistent again.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 12:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: On Monday night I doubt it, I look for Andy to be inconsistent again.

I personally believe we are to the point in Andy's career where 2 bad games in a row will be unheard of. He is a competitor and he is talented and he will lead our offense.
Reply/Quote
Can he help with the defense? Aside from some gutless play calling in certain situations, I think the offense is looking pretty good. No, they don't run the ball very well yet, but they are moving the chains and scoring points.

I am more concerned with this horrible defense that seemingly isn't going to change a thing. I know, I have heard the crap about personnel changes but that won't matter if the scheme remains chickenshit.
Reply/Quote
Also, why did the other TEs sit when Eifert became healthy?  We should have two in the field and maybe even sometimes three.  I know you all saw the TE screen worked to perfection three times against Washington.  That not only slows the rush, but is high % and is good for 10 yards almost every flippin time.  Run it with Uzomah!  Have Eifert stay in to block.  The defense totally keys in on Eifert when he is in there...with good blocking, a TE screen to Uzo on the other side could be huge.

It is also the closest thing the Bengals run to a misdirection play.  
Reply/Quote
It would be exciting to see the Bengals come out on Monday after a bye and look unbeatable. Hope whatever they do this week will address the majority of the issues. We really are a great team, we're just not playing like one right now. Hopefully things will come together and be awesome going forward.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 12:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: On Monday night I doubt it, I look for Andy to be inconsistent again.

Don't look now, but Dalton has upped his game in prime time lately...

Very unlikely that he'd be the reason for a poor performance. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see a game plan where they come out attacking down field, early and often, and build a comfortable lead. Then, I'd like to see some life out of the OL, where they can chew up the clock in the second half with a punishing rushing attack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 11:11 PM)treee Wrote: Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but I believe we will see a very high powered offense next Sunday. I'm betting we put at least 30 points on the board so if our D can hold it will be a statement game and what ultimately keeps us in hopes for the post season.

[Image: cocaineonehellofadrugshirt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 11:11 PM)treee Wrote: Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but I believe we will see a very high powered offense next Sunday. I'm betting we put at least 30 points on the board so if our D can hold it will be a statement game and what ultimately keeps us in hopes for the post season.

Yeah worryingly I'm thinking the offense could be potent .vs. the Giants...ah, the beauty of bye week optimism  :) 

What i would like to see...

- Us to win the coin toss and take the first freaking possession on offense...i know Lewis is completely wedded to having the ball in the second half but in the spirit of taking the initiative lets back ourselves. 

- I actually don't want innovative...or more specifically clever for the sake of it.  If the right side of the O Line is still OK then we have enough weapons without being smart ar$e$.  Hopefully they'll win with great execution

- running 'down' Hill and Gio behind our pulling guards. I'm intrigued to see if Zamp will stick with the run game or ditch it at the first sign of the OLine struggling.  Pre CLeveland the O had to lean massively on the Dalton-Green connection. Think we go more balanced for the second half
Reply/Quote
Questions WILL be answered.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf5578cc5d70f0538ea978e25be16c...=227&h=152] vs [Image: th?id=OIP.M710fc5e72fd5d77f73abdd9607fe4...=271&h=181]

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 01:19 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Yeah worryingly I'm thinking the offense could be potent .vs. the Giants...ah, the beauty of bye week optimism  :) 

What i would like to see...

- I actually don't want innovative...or more specifically clever for the sake of it.  If the right side of the O Line is still OK then we have enough weapons without being smart ar$e$.  Hopefully they'll win with great execution

Right. I'm not hoping for tacky trick plays. I'm hoping for genuinely innovative changes, mostly in the passing game. We have to tools to beat both zone and man so we need keep being creative in getting our guys open (like Eifert's quick double move to get a big catch up the seam last week).
Reply/Quote
Lol

I love Bengals fans

We never give up
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:03 PM)Housh Wrote: Lol

I love Bengals fans

We never give up

Well I mean if you look at the progression of our offense, there is no reason to think they've peaked yet in this upward trend.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:05 PM)treee Wrote: Well I mean if you look at the progression of our offense, there is no reason to think they've peaked yet in this upward trend.

All upward trends don't go through the roof

We'll probably get better because it's just science but he will still be a horrible playcaller, he's still gonna be oblivious to who AJ Green is and how to get him the ball and the defense will still make it a point to put the offense in the worse possible starting point every drive.

Iv never seen a coach so inept at maximizing the talents of a guy like Green
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:09 PM)Housh Wrote: All upward trends don't go through the roof

We'll probably get better because it's just science but he will still be a horrible playcaller, he's still gonna be oblivious to who AJ Green is and how to get him the ball and the defense will still make it a point to put the offense in the worse possible starting point every drive.

I think almost the exact opposite. Green has been getting loads of throws his way and he was really the only offense we've had up until Cleveland. The return of Eifert is really opening things up for everybody else.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:09 PM)Housh Wrote: We'll probably get better because it's just science but he will still be a horrible playcaller, he's still gonna be oblivious to who AJ Green is and how to get him the ball and the defense will still make it a point to put the offense in the worse possible starting point every drive.

Green is leading the league in receptions and is #2 in yards.

I smell a troll.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is leading the league in receptions and is #2 in yards.

I smell a troll.

Only a troll can smell a troll because you're the biggest troll on these boards. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is leading the league in receptions and is #2 in yards.

I smell a troll.

Explain whole quarters or halfs where Green gets 1 target.

Hell rack up 8 catches in like 12 game minutes and then won't catch another pass for the rest of the game. It's usually in losses.

But hey you have your stats bro

I got mine too

2 catches in loss to Pittsburg

8 catches for 77 yards in LOSS to Denver. Got him the ball but only on short routes

4 catches 50 yards in loss to Dallas

6 catches 88 yards in loss to Patriots

So when he's not involved ALOT we lose. No trolling needed bro. He's having INSANE games VS the crap teams and it's making up for games like Pitt and Dallas where Zamp just can't create a game plan that can get him the ball

Just cause I'm bored. In wins

12 rec 180 yards in win VS Jets
10 rec 173 yards win VS Dolphins
8 rec 169 yards VS Browns

So when the game plan works and can get him the ball we win. Not trolling. I'm just not blinded by RAW stats that I'm only using to try and discredit people

And don't think I forgot that you left touchdowns off your little post. AJ has 3 TDs total so far. THATS FREAKING HORRIBLE. No way that's the case if we still have Hue. Zamp a redzone play calling is the worst iv EVER seen. Has he even done a fade route to Green in the end zone since week 3?
Reply/Quote