Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Zampese will have innovated during the bye week.
(11-13-2016, 12:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would really like to see them do that.  I touched on this, earlier in the season.  Allow Andy to find a favorable matchup in the opposing defense, and go no huddle.

I saw the Redskins went with three TEs against Minnesota on a nice scoring play.  More than anything for the Bengals, I think it would really open up the running game and allow Dalton to take some high % passes if teams start cheating up to stop the run.  It might also give him a better chance of staying upright.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 12:27 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't get through all these but I'll tell you that A.J. Green doesn't feel the same way - he says no coordinator has put him in more positions to get the ball. Told me that today, actually. Story on the roots of the offense coming on Monday.

I just read your article, it was interesting and informative, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:27 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I think Zampese and the offense are going to be ok, but I laugh at the idea that after an offseason and the first 8 weeks without innovation, Zampese will innovate because he got last Sunday off from work.

Yeah that's funny to me as well. He should've been innovating since 14:59 left in the 1st quarter of week 1.

A lot of coordinators fail because they feel their gameplan is the worlds greatest game plan and instead of accepting it sucks and changing it they stay with it and have a mindset that "it'll work if the PLAYERS execute it correctly". I honestly don't feel he thinks he NEEDS to change anything about his offense. A lot of these guys are borderline egotistical. This is why coach Popovic is so amazing in the NBA. He doesn't have a specific gameplan he uses year per year. He has a way of life and a culture he forces everyone to adhere to and he devises a gameplan based on the talent he has. Actually Pop gets them early. He won't even DRAFT you unless you ALREADY fit into the Spurs culture of teamwork

It's funny because we actually do better when we speed up the pace and allow Dalton to call no huddle plays. Dalton calls plays where we attack the seams. So it's funny sometimes seeing Zamp coach is to a quarter and a a half of zero points and we let Dalton off the leash for like 4 mins and he marches us easily down the THE goal line. But Zamp takes back control and we run twice and then do a stupid play action everyone sees coming
Reply/Quote
Welp, I was wrong. We really are shitty this year. Thanks for nothing Oline. Thanks for nothing Piano Man. Thanks for nothing Marvin. Thanks for nothing Mike Brown. I still love ya though, Bengals. Always will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Turns out he innovated that one cool play where we threw to Eifert out of Hue's "chaos" formation.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 08:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah that's funny to me as well. He should've been innovating since 14:59 left in the 1st quarter of week 1.

A lot of coordinators fail because they feel their gameplan is the worlds greatest game plan and instead of accepting it sucks and changing it they stay with it and have a mindset that "it'll work if the PLAYERS execute it correctly". I honestly don't feel he thinks he NEEDS to change anything about his offense. A lot of these guys are borderline egotistical. This is why coach Popovic is so amazing in the NBA. He doesn't have a specific gameplan he uses year per year. He has a way of life and a culture he forces everyone to adhere to and he devises a gameplan based on the talent he has. Actually Pop gets them early. He won't even DRAFT you unless you ALREADY fit into the Spurs culture of teamwork

It's funny because we actually do better when we speed up the pace and allow Dalton to call no huddle plays. Dalton calls plays where we attack the seams. So it's funny sometimes seeing Zamp coach is to a quarter and a a half of zero points and we let Dalton off the leash for like 4 mins and he marches us easily down the THE goal line. But Zamp takes back control and we run twice and then do a stupid play action everyone sees coming

Found it
Reply/Quote