Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think a lot of you have forgotten. . .
Regular season wins are meaningless. We can't be happy about this win or enjoy any of this until we see if we win a playoff game this year.

So everyone wipe those smiles off your faces and go back to whining and moaning about THIRTY-ONE YEARS.

CryRantGaahCry
Reply/Quote
I'll bet you're just fun at parties friendTongue

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I will say: We're killing our chances at an early draft pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season wins are meaningless. We can't be happy about this win or enjoy any of this until we see if we win a playoff game this year.

So everyone wipe those smiles off your faces and go back to whining and moaning about THIRTY-ONE YEARS.

CryRantGaahCry

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say: We're killing our chances at an early draft pick

Darn.  I was looking forward to Team Thibodeax vs Team Stingley.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season wins are meaningless.  We can't be happy about this win or enjoy any of this until we see if we win a playoff game this year.

CryRantGaahCry

I think you're forgetting that the games are meaningless, after the season, once they've gone one-and-done in the playoffs. 

There's a very real distinction there, in the grand scheme of things that you hope to accomplish. 

If you're a person that doesn't care about the playoffs and championships, you may have a different perspective. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Fred's always the button pusher, but he's half right. Regular season, the team could undefeated, but if they fold in the playoffs it's true; the regular season games won were "meaningless."

That said, a win like today's win could actually show the team is turning the corner. They beat a team with a winning record. On the road. And in dominant fashion. So if it's a sign of things really, finally changing? It's definitely not meaningless and something people will point back to later in the year. Looking down the stretch, a lot of teams that were expected to be big challenges have really not looked that way, so this team has a legitimate shot to make their presence known.

Still plenty to prove, but I'm a lot happier about this win and what it could signify than I've been about any other win this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Darn.  I was looking forward to Team Thibodeax vs Team Stingley.

One Civil War is all I can handle…lol

Reply/Quote
Lol Fred when you post crazy **** like how good Bobby Hart is your sarcastic posts get taken seriously.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Darn.  I was looking forward to Team Thibodeax vs Team Stingley.

#Team Neal

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you're forgetting that the games are meaningless, after the season, once they've gone one-and-done in the playoffs. 

No.  They are not.

It is impossible to live in the past or in the future. Nothing that happens in the future will make the joy you feel right now meaningless.

If your wife died next week would that tragedy make your entire marriage meaningless?
Reply/Quote
If Bengals get a first week bye in the playoffs does that count as a playoff win??
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They are not.

It is impossible to live in the past or in the future. Nothing that happens in the future will make the joy you feel right now meaningless.

If your wife died next week would that tragedy make your entire marriage meaningless?

Reply/Quote

While you've made your point and you're right, you absolutely didn't have to go there...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Nothing that happens in the future will take away the joy you feel right now.

It has nothing to do with enjoying the game today, which i and everyone that's a Bengals fan did. 

At the end of the year, you can even re-watch and enjoy the individual games for years to come, which i do often on GamePass and Youtube. 

As far as "meaningful" goes, if that's all you care about, regular season wins, they're not meaningless. If you desire playoff wins and championships, they're "meaningless", as in they didn't amount to the goals you hoped to achieve. 

Meaningless isn't this big ole, mean, universe-swallowing word you're trying to make it out to be. The world isn't as black and white as you sometimes try to make it. There's a lot of grey in this life. 

Your analogy missed the mark by a mile. When my son died in 2013 it didn't make his life meaningless because there's no real end goal to life except to live it the best you can and try to live as long as you can. In the NFL, there is a static, end of season goal; to be a champion. Everything that happens before then matters, until you fail to win that last game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Get bent troll
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season wins are meaningless.  We can't be happy about this win or enjoy any of this until we see if we win a playoff game this year.

CryRantGaahCry

Of course his purpose is to get a rise out of the rest of the board. I am just glad I don't have to live with him. ugh
Reply/Quote

CryRantGaahCry

Well, it remains to be seen that IF we make the playoffs, will the coaching staff abandon what got them to the playoffs like they did when they went 0-for-7 in the first round, or will they play we-will-keep-doing-what-is-working-for-us-until-you-can-prove-you-can-stop-us kind of game plan?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Jesus Christ dude.

I'm with you on keeping things in perspective, but let people enjoy a big win, and don't be so damn dark to try and prove a point.
Reply/Quote
Didn't we hear all offseason how we didn't want to waste the #5 pick on drafting OL that high and overpaying?

So how about we keep kicking ass and then draft more protection for Joe at a spot that's more conventionally acceptable? That's a win win in my book.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote