Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think it's time to officially call Pollack to task.
(09-18-2022, 09:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I have now idea what to make of the long-term o-line failures.  I'm good with replacing Pollack, but who replaces him?How do we trust this team to find a coach that can get an o-line to work when they have failed at every turn for 7 years?  

Sadly, I'm also starting to view Collins as a classic grass-is-always-greener scenario.  He looked great to us in Dallas, but a lot of Dallas fans weren't super complimentary of his recent play.  He has all kinds of problems with speed rushers.  Parsons straight up bullied him today.

No shit, he got beat with a TE helping him, and either Perine or Mixon chipping before releasing into his route. That shows me that the staff saw the problem, but the player just couldn't answer the bell. He's been a problem for sure. Jonah has looked worse this year, and then you have a rookie trying to make his way. 

I don't know who you get, and I'm not for sure advocating a firing, but he needs to make some adjustments and fast. If not, then maybe it is time to replace him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You think Dante would work for Zac Taylor?  That’s a long shot!

Haha, maybe....but they need to figure this oline thing out. They've been bad since 2016.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:08 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Two bad weeks for the guys up front, and lack of talent is no longer an excuse. Joe wasn't holding the ball too long today, he didn't have time to very often. I get it's been against two good dlines, but this has GOTTA be fixed soon, and next week soon. 

Full disclosure, I've been a Frank Pollack supporter, but his unit is looking bad again with a significant investment in players.

Same, but this is just unacceptable. Jonah in particular looks to have taken a step back. He’s played like garbage 2 games in row. And he’s not even losing to elite guy’s like Parsons and Watt. It’s the other teams 2nd or 3rd best pass rushers beating him.

Reply/Quote
Team is stuck in a ground hog day scenario with the o-line
Reply/Quote
Could the strength and conditioning personnel also be at fault? The linemen on both sides of the ball are getting pushed around like they’re on ice skates.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same, but this is just unacceptable. Jonah in particular looks to have taken a step back. He’s played like garbage 2 games in row. And he’s not even losing to elite guy’s like Parsons and Watt. It’s the other teams 2nd or 3rd best pass rushers beating him.

Yes, that's what is most alarming to me, Jonah's regression this year so far. He was trending up. He doesn't even look like the same player up to this point.

Reply/Quote
Frank's Hot Garbage Sauce

He puts that shit on everything!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:12 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Is it too late to get last years line back. They were cheaper and same results. Except we went to Super Bowl.   How many free rushers were there?   

Defense was real disappointing played like crap.  I hate rookie/back up QB’s.  They kill us every time.

Who day. I guess the stadium will be empty by mid year. Pos out look

If I’m the Jets I’m seriously considering starting the Great Mike White next week. Not that it’s going to matter, I’m sure Flacco will look like Montana against us. So damn frustrating. Only the Bengals can go from the most exciting team to watch in the NFL to the most painful with basically the same players. Well except for an completely upgraded Oline that plays worse than the line they replaced. Truly amazing.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 

Turns out eating glass is bad for your health. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 

He can't seem to get young guys to get it together and now can't seem to get veterans to get it together.  Maybe there's a reason he's been fired several times.  Didn't the Jets can him before we picked him back up? 
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Turns out eating glass is bad for your health. :)

and Win/Loss Record.  
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
it seems Collins is playing worse with Pollack than previous years.. hmm
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Heres the problem, we went to the Super Bowl last year and as a result the Bengals front office will give the coaching staff 0% hard time. They will be "bullish" on all the coaching staff.

You think Lewis was here for a long time????? Just wait....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nonsense.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This please.

X2

We have many problems. Joe Burrow has had the deer in the headlights look through two games. The Oline is just bad all the way around. But I believe our biggest problem is our OC. The opposing defenses know what's coming way to often.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Heres the problem, we went to the Super Bowl last year and as a result the Bengals front office will give the coaching staff 0% hard time. They will be "bullish" on all the coaching staff.

You think Lewis was here for a long time????? Just wait....

we pretty much cleaned house after Taylor 1st year, did we do that with Marvin staff ? no... 

we have a losing season have over 40 sacks.. i could see Pollack gone
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 

And none of them have developed. Jonah hasn't become the franchise LT he was supposed to be, Carman looks bad, Smith is MIA or hurt, Hill looks bad, Volson is struggling, just not getting return on investment from draft picks at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Turns out eating glass is bad for your health. :)

Pretty sure there is more cupcake baking going on than glass eating. 
Reply/Quote