Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think that might have broken me
(12-05-2017, 12:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I gotta admit, I have struggled with thoughts like this in the past. Just this morning, I was mentioning to someone how "being a Bengals fan is like cheering for the Washington Generals, only the choreography is better in the NFL."

But I have to say this as well, the Steelers beat us the same way in just about every game because.... we are beatable in the same way in every game. Our halftime adjustments are a joke. We went into halftime with a 17 point lead, and do you know what I was thinking? "How are we gonna pull this one out." Seriously. That is exactly what I thought.

It was a 14-point half time lead.

Just sayin'.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:03 AM)skycruiser Wrote: I went to bed last night and wasn't upset. Wasn't pissed we lost for the 15th time at PBS under Marv to our rivals in the most bunglesque fashion ever

I went to bed pretty much done with the NFL

That game encompassed everything that's wrong with the NFL: horrendous injuries, complete lack of sportsmanship, 3 hours of commercials, obscene amounts of penalties, etc etc

Look, I can deal with blowing a 17 point lead with the season on the line. Been there, done that

But when you take a cheap shot hours after one of your own players gets carted off the field potentially paralyzed, and then stand over a knocked out player taunting them and you're applauded by your teammates and fan based?

Call it the straw that put this camel on IR for the rest of the year

You're not broken, you've just graduated. Congratulations!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you kidding? Shuster is a folk hero in Pittsburgh now. I'm serious too. No sarcasm.

Yep, he sure is. They probably dropped confetti on the guy in the locker room. I'm dead serious. He probably got the game ball from Tomlin.

Look...it's pretty obvious that the Steelers coach this shit. Were guys like Juju and TWatt this way in college? What about Shazier, Garvin, Hines, Porter, Kimo, etc etc etc etc? They coach and instill this shit. We outdid the Steelers in every category last night but 2....penalties and players intentionally injured.

This is how the Steelers get their edge. They take a physical "bully" mentality. It's something the Bengals would be demonized for if they try to replicate it, but the Steelers get a light tap on the wrist and a wink from NFL brass and the media. The Steelers winning is good for business. The Steelers realize this and take full advantage. 

Now this isn't me fully excusing Marv or Mike Brown, but I can't help but feel our record would be better than 8-24 if the games were called completely fair and the Steelers weren't allowed to get away with so many flat out dirty plays. I still think we'd have a losing record, but not quite as lopsided.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you kidding? Shuster is a folk hero in Pittsburgh now. I'm serious too. No sarcasm.

JuJu just sold 1000s of #19 jerseys overnight.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I am just happy we didn't win and give MB a reason to bring back Marv.

Was thinking this when we were up 17-0 but i knew he would make sure we played Marv ball and give his Stealers a shot. Wink

Seen these Bengals/Steelers games before, nah, didn't break me. The one that hurt was our last Playoff game we fumbled away.
Reply/Quote
When I saw Shazier coming down, I saw Bengals fans praying for the dude and expecting him to be back and when Burflct goes down, I saw Steelers fan dancing and spitting on the man on the ground.

I said to myself, that's why we lose.

Sorry for the political incorrectness.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's like I said in another thread.  At some point these coaches need to take a hard stand against this shit.  Marvin has been letting Burfict get away with shit for years, and it simply boggles my mind that Tomlin let Shuster stay in the very next series after taunting an injured player.  And this is after having one of their own go down with a serious injury earlier in the game.  I don't have a high opinion of the Steelers, but even that left me stunned.  If I were a head coach I'd have lost my ***** mind.

Players start throwing punches or intentionally spearing other players, they need benching.  Period.
The Effin' Stoolers retaliated for the Sht-Zer injury EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SELF-INFLICTED.  True dumb asses.
I, too,  am done with NFL and Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we'll beat the Bears next week and people will be dreaming up 9-7 scenarios.

I wouldn't bet on any more wins. There aren't enough really bad teams left for the Bengals to beat. This franchise needs fork stuck into it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:33 PM)Derrick Wrote: I wouldn't bet on any more wins. There aren't enough really bad teams left for the Bengals to beat. This franchise needs fork stuck into it.

No, it doesn't.  It's not a bad franchise.  Youre not bad when you make the playoffs several years in a row and win division titles.

What it needs is someone like Rex Ryan.  Someone with some bravado and confidence to breathe life and fire into this team.

Now, I'm not saying I want Rex Ryan here, but it would be awesome to see some guys with some fire and confidence.
Reply/Quote