Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think that might have broken me
I went to bed last night and wasn't upset. Wasn't pissed we lost for the 15th time at PBS under Marv to our rivals in the most bunglesque fashion ever

I went to bed pretty much done with the NFL

That game encompassed everything that's wrong with the NFL: horrendous injuries, complete lack of sportsmanship, 3 hours of commercials, obscene amounts of penalties, etc etc

Look, I can deal with blowing a 17 point lead with the season on the line. Been there, done that

But when you take a cheap shot hours after one of your own players gets carted off the field potentially paralyzed, and then stand over a knocked out player taunting them and you're applauded by your teammates and fan based?

Call it the straw that put this camel on IR for the rest of the year
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
It's like I said in another thread. At some point these coaches need to take a hard stand against this shit. Marvin has been letting Burfict get away with shit for years, and it simply boggles my mind that Tomlin let Shuster stay in the very next series after taunting an injured player. And this is after having one of their own go down with a serious injury earlier in the game. I don't have a high opinion of the Steelers, but even that left me stunned. If I were a head coach I'd have lost my ***** mind.

Players start throwing punches or intentionally spearing other players, they need benching. Period.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Go Patriots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's like I said in another thread. At some point these coaches need to take a hard stand against this shit. Marvin has been letting Burfict get away with shit for years, and it simply boggles my mind that Tomlin let Shuster stay in the very next series after taunting an injured player. And this is after having one of their own go down with a serious injury earlier in the game. I don't have a high opinion of the Steelers, but even that left me stunned.

Players start throwing punches or intentionally spearing other players, they need benching. Period.

I am 100% convinced not only did Tomlin let him stay in but encouraged him. Just watch his post game.

I was glad they finally showed all the stuff the Steelers have done in games with the Bengals that were cheap and have made the NFL enact new rules. However the impression is still the Bengals are the dirty team.

After seeing the b/s hold call on Bernard and the pass interference call to keep the Steelers drive alive, it is hard not to think, outcomes are being scripted.
Reply/Quote
WWNFL...as fixed as my ball-less dog.

I've seen enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's like I said in another thread.  At some point these coaches need to take a hard stand against this shit.  Marvin has been letting Burfict get away with shit for years, and it simply boggles my mind that Tomlin let Shuster stay in the very next series after taunting an injured player.  And this is after having one of their own go down with a serious injury earlier in the game.  I don't have a high opinion of the Steelers, but even that left me stunned.  If I were a head coach I'd have lost my ***** mind.

Players start throwing punches or intentionally spearing other players, they need benching.  Period.

Are you kidding? Shuster is a folk hero in Pittsburgh now. I'm serious too. No sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
Honestly...the Bengals are the Enron of the NFL. We keep watching them hoping they will turn things around...and it just never happens.

They give us hope only to crush us.
Reply/Quote
If the 2015 playoff debacle didn’t break you I doubt this one will.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If the 2015 playoff debacle didn’t break you I doubt this one will.

Yeah...we'll beat the Bears next week and people will be dreaming up 9-7 scenarios.
Reply/Quote
can someone explain to me why we stopped running in second half when we were picking up over 5 yards a carry?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:49 AM)bengals67 Wrote: can someone explain to me why we stopped running in second half when we were picking up over 5 yards a carry?

They didn't really stop running, they just stopped running plays in general.  How many times did they go 3 and out in the 2nd half? 3?  How many yards did they get? 50....max? They tried to run, Pittsburgh just stopped them and forced them to pass.  They made adjustments for the 2nd half, and the Bengals did not.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
There's always the Vikings.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:54 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They didn't really stop running, they just stopped running plays in general.  How many times did they go 3 and out in the 2nd half? 3?  How many yards did they get? 50....max? They tried to run, Pittsburgh just stopped them and forced them to pass.  They made adjustments for the 2nd half, and the Bengals did not.

This is a lot of it.....still, I can't help but think it's a different game if Mixon isn't hurt.  Gio had to be gassed late in the game.  I will say this.....the line came to play last night, and so did our backs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
People often ask why I still watch if I'm convinced that the league is fixed..The answer is the exact same reason I still watch movies when I know that the good guys are always going to win and get the pretty girl before the credits roll..
It's entertainment. It's not true competition as were lead to believe. It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. 
I would like to believe that it's all above board, but I know better. 
For those who want to believe that players are paid to much to be corruptible you DO realize that there is no such thing as having enough money to not want more of it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: People often ask why I still watch if I'm convinced that the league is fixed..The answer is the exact same reason I still watch movies when I know that the good guys are always going to win and get the pretty girl before the credits roll..
It's entertainment. It's not true competition as were lead to believe. It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. 
I would like to believe that it's all above board, but I know better. 
For those who want to believe that players are paid to much to be corruptible you DO realize that there is no such thing as having enough money to not want more of it..

The NFL feels a lot like the WWE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: There's always the Vikings.

They’ll beat the Bengals too.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we'll beat the Bears next week and people will be dreaming up 9-7 scenarios.

Heavily doubt we beat the Bears, seeing how the Bears have owned the AFCN. Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen will have a field day with Burfict out.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Go Patriots.

We should start a new board called, "bandwagon.com". Every year following the Super Bowl, everyone on the site picks the winner as "their team" and brags about them until the next Super Bowl or until the team is eliminated from competition, in which case the site chooses the team(s) with the best record until after the Super Bowl is over. Then, you repeat.

Whaddya think? ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The NFL feels a lot like the WWE.

I gotta admit, I have struggled with thoughts like this in the past. Just this morning, I was mentioning to someone how "being a Bengals fan is like cheering for the Washington Generals, only the choreography is better in the NFL."

But I have to say this as well, the Steelers beat us the same way in just about every game because.... we are beatable in the same way in every game. Our halftime adjustments are a joke. We went into halftime with a 17 point lead, and do you know what I was thinking? "How are we gonna pull this one out." Seriously. That is exactly what I thought.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I gotta admit, I have struggled with thoughts like this in the past. Just this morning, I was mentioning to someone how "being a Bengals fan is like cheering for the Washington Generals, only the choreography is better in the NFL."

But I have to say this as well, the Steelers beat us the same way in just about every game because.... we are beatable in the same way in every game. Our halftime adjustments are a joke. We went into halftime with a 17 point lead, and do you know what I was thinking? "How are we gonna pull this one out." Seriously. That is exactly what I thought.

Right after the teams went into the locker room at halftime, I tweeted, "Bets on Bengals scoring less than a TD this 2nd half?"
We know this team too well it seems.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote