Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we got lucky...
I was wanting Buffalo to beat KC last night, until I watched the game. Holy smokes Buffalo is good. We probably match up better with KC. Things worked out for the best imo. Tiger
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen is a monster. OMG that guy is good.
Reply/Quote
I guess I just see it differently, as in already having faced the Chiefs once, Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy will likely be much more prepared to face the Bengal defense. It's going to take a complete, team effort to get to the Superbowl, anyway we look at it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess I just see it differently, as in already having faced the Chiefs once, Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy will likely be much more prepared to face the Bengal defense. It's going to take a complete, team effort to get to the Superbowl, anyway we look at it.

Burrow in his young career has also always played better in the second game he plays the same defense. Our defense is also playing better than they did in the regular season. It’s going to be a good one.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was wanting Buffalo to beat KC last night, until I watched the game. Holy smokes Buffalo is good. We probably match up better with KC. Things worked out for the best imo. Tiger

I agree. The Bills probably would have won in Arrowhead if they could have actually sacked Mahomes the numerous times the defense was all over him in the backfield and he escaped. I imagine those would have turned into sacks against the Bengals. Mahomes escapability was just other worldly.  

As an ESPN report stated after the game, the Bills defense was exhausted. At some point, the number 1 defense against the pass was on fumes. I think a lot of this was Mahomes extending the plays and having Bills defenders chasing him and the receivers for such a long time. If the Bengals can control the clock, our defense can play all four quarters, not die out like the Buffalo defense did.
Reply/Quote
Anyone could be beat in the NFL.

I didn't want the chiefs because they have 1. Hill (speedster) 2. Kelce TE

I think Mahommes and Allen match up pretty well. Mobile QBs and can swing it in thight spaces. Allen is huge though, RIP tacklers.

4 straight AFC championship games for the chiefs.. not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that the final 4 teams remaining all come from the 3 best divisions in football. People said the AFCN was weaker because some teams had relatively down seasons (still great record wise), but here we are. AFCN, AFCW and NFCW make up all the playoff teams left.

People also said that the NFC was way better than the AFC because of their TOP teams, but Packers, Buccaneers, Cardinals (who were once on of the top teams people used as an example of why the NFC was so great) are all gone. They’ve got two very beatable teams fighting for their championship.
I’ll take the winner of Cincy/KC over the winner of SF/LA.
Reply/Quote
I mean, both offenses looked unstoppable last night (as we saw in the final 2 minutes).

I think we're correctly the underdog against either.

I just preferred Buffalo win because I really don't want to see KC in the Super Bowl again and this gives them, roughly, a 50% shot at that happening.

I am hopeful that our defense steps up like they did against Tennessee, but we're not going to given 3 interceptions against KC like we did against Tenn...
Reply/Quote
Chiefs are 100% a better matchup for the Bengals. We can actually contain their front four to an extent and their secondary is complete ass. Buffalo, I wouldn't be so sure about.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
No matter who it was it is gonna be a tough match....

Hopefully burrow bounces back quickly from the beating he took. Good thing hes still pretty young
Reply/Quote
My concern is now that Reid and his coaching staff already played against us, they will develop a game plan with improved understanding for the schemes the Bengals like to run. I suppose, conversely, I can say the same about our coaching staff as they prep for the Chiefs.

Watching the Chiefs and Bills game reinforced to me how hard it is win a Super Bowl. Both teams would be a challenging match for the Bengals, but KC it is. Let's sweep them like we did Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Bills and Chiefs are 1a and 1b of best teams in the game. Regardless we were going to be going up against the best and it's going to be a really tough fight.

Beating a great team twice seems to almost always be harder the 2nd time so in that sense I would have rather played the Bills. Hopefully Lou has a couple more tricks up his sleeve to slow down Mahommes because you know they'll be changing up some stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess I just see it differently, as in already having faced the Chiefs once, Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy will likely be much more prepared to face the Bengal defense.  It's going to take a complete, team effort to get to the Superbowl, anyway we look at it.

To me it was the lesser evil choice. Arrowhead is Loud Orchard Park is Cold Bills and Chiefs are top offenses but only 1 has a top defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was wanting Buffalo to beat KC last night, until I watched the game. Holy smokes Buffalo is good. We probably match up better with KC. Things worked out for the best imo. Tiger

That was a killer ending for the Bills, while i would have liked to have seen them win, you are correct. We match up better vs KC.

All we gotta do is keep playing smart ball. No turnovers, capitalize on theirs. Take the points when we can.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals match up better KC. They are used to containing a Mahomes-type QB by having to play Lamar Jackson. They are both speedsters who rely on their speed to get to the outside and gain yards. Mahomes though is the better passer. The Chiefs rely on Hill and Kelce for the lion's share of their receiving. They fall off greatly when having to depend on other receivers. So far this season, they have not shown they can depend on those receivers to win a game. The Bengals have won with each of our 3 wide receivers and their tight end each being the leading receiver. Plus the Bengals have Joe Mixon as an intangible. Not only can he run but he can also catch. Far roo often Mahomes is the leading rusher for the Chiefs. Edwards-Helaire adds some offense which they didn't have in Dec. The Chiefs don't have the DB depth to keep up with our receivers especially if Mathieu is out. The Bengals big question mark is the offensive line, more specifically the right side of the line, Adeniji is going to have to bounce back to his normal level of struggle next week. If he has a repeat of last week, Joe will be running for his life

'

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:30 AM)Synric Wrote: To me it was the lesser evil choice. Arrowhead is Loud Orchard Park is Cold Bills and Chiefs are top offenses but only 1 has a top defense.

This.  They are both evil choices - unstoppable offenses the way they played last night.  And you can  bet that Mahomes is going to be totally motivated to school us on the second go round.

But I am really happy that no one has to tackle Allen.  He looked more durable and menacing than any other player they had.   He was running over linebackers!  And their defense was very tough as well.

It's going to be a very tough game!

Just hope our guys play well and have a good time.   I want it to be a close game whoever wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:53 AM)Nepa Wrote: I agree. The Bills probably would have won in Arrowhead if they could have actually sacked Mahomes the numerous times the defense was all over him in the backfield and he escaped. I imagine those would have turned into sacks against the Bengals. Mahomes escapability was just other worldly.  

As an ESPN report stated after the game, the Bills defense was exhausted. At some point, the number 1 defense against the pass was on fumes. I think a lot of this was Mahomes extending the plays and having Bills defenders chasing him and the receivers for such a long time. If the Bengals can control the clock, our defense can play all four quarters, not die out like the Buffalo defense did.

Bills win rushing 2-3 guys and not 4 on the final play in OT. Beyond belief that they were more worried about putting pressure on the QB than dropping back and defending receivers and making PH at least have to look at possibly more than his first read which would have taken even more seconds off the clock.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:21 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, both offenses looked unstoppable last night (as we saw in the final 2 minutes).

I think we're correctly the underdog against either.

I just preferred Buffalo win because I really don't want to see KC in the Super Bowl again and this gives them, roughly, a 50% shot at that happening.

I am hopeful that our defense steps up like they did against Tennessee, but we're not going to given 3 interceptions against KC like we did against Tenn...

And this was my sole purpose for pulling for Buffalo. If not us, then I preferred they go. 
What the first KC game showed us though, is their DB's can't contain our WR's without holding and pass interfering. Hopefully we'll get refs who will call that tight instead of one of the "let them play" crews. 
Reply/Quote

Agree

I like our chances more vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead than I do Bills at Buffalo. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And this was my sole purpose for pulling for Buffalo. If not us, then I preferred they go. 
What the first KC game showed us though, is their DB's can't contain our WR's without holding and pass interfering. Hopefully we'll get refs who will call that tight instead of one of the "let them play" crews. 

I agree with this. When I rewatched the game, I saw so much holding by their DBs on our Wrs. I hope the Refs we get have the guts to actually call those holds. 
Reply/Quote